Gal Gadot Felt 'Threatened' On How Joss Whedon Spoke To Her On 'Justice League' Set

Outsiders

In a recent interview with Elle magazine, Gal Gadot described her reaction when working with director Joss Whedon during the reshoots for Warner Bros. 'Justice League' as "threatened" and "shocked."

The Wonder Woman actress said the director "threatened her career" and has called her “experience” with Whedon before, but she’s never been so candid about how his alleged actions impacted her.

“I was shocked by the way that he spoke to me,” Gadot told Elle magazine. “You’re dizzy because you can’t believe this was just said to you. And if he says it to me, then obviously he says it to many other people.”

Allegations about the director have come to the surface before as her Justice League co-star Ray Fisher made his own allegations about Whedon’s behavior, and several stars on Whedon-led tv shows, like Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, have alleged toxic on-set behavior by the filmmaker.

“I was shaking trees as soon as it happened,” she continued. “And I must say that the heads of Warner Bros, they took care of it…Going back to the sense of righteousness that I have…I just did what I felt like I had to do. And it was to tell people that it’s not okay.”

Deadline reached out to Joss Whedon’s representatives, but did not hear back.

We need more people like this, unafraid to call it like it is. Hes the boss, he has a vision, shes the employee, do your job. Too many are afraid of cancel culture and "offending" someone. That last wonder woman was pretty garbage so its obvious she needs strong leadership to get the best out of her like the first WW or BvS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark5cythe said:

We need more people like this, unafraid to call it like it is. Hes the boss, he has a vision, shes the employee, do your job. Too many are afraid of cancel culture and "offending" someone. That last wonder woman was pretty garbage so its obvious she needs strong leadership to get the best out of her like the first WW or BvS

Really I'm startled you are seeming to condone this behavior from Joss Whedon? , saying that basically Gal needs to be put in her place? or am I reading this wrong, because that's wild.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dark5cythe said:

Whedon has a track record of being awful to those he is directing.  It goes all the way back to Buffy.  Being a boss isn't a free pass to be a jerk and bully your employees because you get off on the power.

I don't think you even know what "cancel culture" means outside of what Tucker told you.

BTW Whedon didn't direct WW or BvS so his brand or "strong leadership" wasn't required to make those films good and serviceable.  He did do JLA and we all know how that turned out so obviously...not only did he tank the movie...his behavior got him called out and thankfully sidelined because of his behaviors...

It puzzling what is gained in appearing to defend Whedon's nonsense.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, cvg_70499584 said:

Shaken my ass. Wasn't she in the Israeli Army? This is a case of "I'm a star, talk to me like the star I am". Typical Hollywood baby stuff. Guys do it too. Maybe she should go sing another song in her mansion to people losing their jobs and homes.

No this is the case of someone coming to the table to participate in a film and a dude getting on a power trip being awful to folks.

Yeah she was in the Israeli Army...like every other resident of Israel and I say it is to her credit she didn't Krav Magov his peanut head every time he tried to get on his high horse and demean her.  I applaud Ray Fisher, Jason Mardsen, and even Michelle Trachtenberg's family from not folding Whedon up like old money when he was out of pocket with them.

2021 and still folks defending Whedon and blaming the victims smh

• Like 2

Ive worked for abusive bosses and it feels awful. Good that she can use her celebrity to report this awful behaviour. No matter if they are their boss or not, you should always be respectful and professional at what you do, especially at work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, so quit. That is still an option.

But no, I'll endure it cuz I'm trying to get my solid foothold in Hollywood, then I'll cry crocodile tears on a big soapbox out in the public eye once people really know who I am. It's funny how so many people are cool with all the problems in showbiz when they're trying to make it big and future paychecks are on the line. But then you wake up one day on a bed full of cash and have a few extra hundreds to wipe your ayass with and you're pretty much set for life, suddenly you've become a victim, and a famous one at that. I'm no advocate for Hollywood, but these people know what they want and understand what they need to be prepared to endure going into the fire. Only when they have nothing to lose do they decide to speak out about the "injustice".

Cry me a river, then go blow your nose with a couple more hundies.

• Like 1

It actually shocks me and makes me sick to see how people are behaving in this thread, siding with the known abuser, and condoning this behavior.

comments of actors/actresses needing to stop crying, and needing to be put in their places

I'm really shocked, you clearly all have never been in an abusive situation, so sheltered and special you all are.

• Like 2

This has happened to me in such sorts... I used to work at a job where my boss didn't even know how to do my job but he would think because he had the title of "boss" that he was allowed to get away with verbal abuse.  Verbal abuse is harassment and yes, I can see chewing someone out for screwing something up and not following instructions but to harass someone just to get the job done correctly?  That is taking it over the line...

Perfect example would be that I threatened all of you with banishment because I'm a Moderator and all of you are not and to keep from being banished that you all have to post in every thread that I'm a Mod-God.  Well, some of you would but most of you wouldn't because I'm threatening you and this is harassment.

As for the Gadot situation, the only ones who really know what happened on that set is the people on the set and all of this is coming from Gadot and we have never heard Whedon's side so we can't judge all of this against Whedon.

On a Moderators side, please keep the thread clean and civil because I have to come down on you like Joss Whedon...

I def didn’t expect someone would defend Joss Wheadon, let alone defend him by. fully acknowledging he was abusive  and say it’s good wtf. Also it’s funny to say quit when Gadot was contractually obligated to star or more correctly continue doing movie that already started shooting with other director, and Snyder and was replaced by Whedon only to meet deadline. 

• Satam locked this topic