New Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse Stop-Motion Commercial And Better Looks At Classic Teela And Mer-Man

JayC

Mattel has released a new stop-motion commercial for their Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse line featuring the wave 2 figures of Teela, Man-At-Arms, Spikor and Beast Man. You can purchase these figures from our sponsor EntertainmentEarth.com.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=859812311331410

On top of that we have better looks at the upcoming Revelation Masterverse Mer-Man and Classic Teela figures that were announced last month at Power-Con. Mer-Man comes with 3 pairs of hands, trident and sword. Classic Teela comes with two headsculpts, sword, shield and an extra pair of hands. Look for pre-order on these two figures to go up soon.

Revelation-Classic-Teela-01.jpg

Revelation-Mer-Man-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I dont hate the first Teela but this second one will be my go to one when it comes out.

Same here, the first one isn't really bad but not the Teela i'd go for, even i'd go for the classic Teela and display with the long hair, kinda like that headsculpt a lot more not gonna lie.

The sculpting for the female faces must have been done overseas in India, Cambodia, or the Philippines...the features don't look like the cartoon! This version of Teela looks like the Statue of Liberty...not a great look. So sorry to sound like a jerk, but coming off the Classics line with the most beautiful female face sculpts, this is really jarring! That said, the rest of the figures aspects look great, the bodies, the articulation, the colors...really nice! 

• 1 month later...

I've been looking forward to classic Teela, but what is going on with that face sculpt??? Doesn't look anything like her! Also disappointed that Mer-Man doesn't include his classic chest armor and undamaged head.

• 3 weeks later...

Not collecting this line because, based on everything I've seen from Mattel regarding MOTU, I don't think they'll correct the entire 3 to 1 packing ratios of He-Man and Skeletor over other characters habits that killed all the 200X line. I recently came across no less than 40 Skelegods on an end cap in my local Target, with the only other available characters being about 5 each He-Man and Skeletor. I think this line is a great concept and the figures so far have looked really good, but it's ultimately destined for a very short life due to Mattel's standard and very outdated practices. I just can't take the disappointment that I got from the cancellation of the 200X line again.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

Holy crap Jay! I missed this article. Can't wait to order this version of teela!!! Oh man oh man oh man..... head sculpt is much improved too!

I noticed the head change too. It seems they actually listened to feedback from the early photos. This is much closer to her animation model.