DC Multiverse 7" The Batman Figures From McFarlane Toys Revealed

JayC

Shown below is our first real look at the upcoming DC Multiverse 7" The Batman Movie Penguin figure. Looks like someone has it in-hand, probably from overseas but I don't know the original source of the image. McFarlane Toys has yet to release official images for this one but we knew it was coming because we saw it on the back of the packaging for the other figures from the movie that were officially shown off the other month. In the movie Penguin is being played by actor Colin Farrell.

The-Batman-Penguin.jpg

• Like 1

Then we got generic looking mob boss Penguin, who if I ran into him in a dark alley, I would have no idea he was supposed to be the Penguin. This movie is going to be 100% straight trash. My opinion.

I wonder if WB considers umbrellas dangerous and will be banned, or only if they hide a machine gun in the tip, the details of their decrees are murky.  If Pengy has a crowbar in the umbrella, it would probably be okay.   

8 hours ago, JayC said:

Shown below is our first real look at the upcoming DC Multiverse 7" The Batman Movie Penguin figure. Looks like someone has it in-hand, probably from overseas but I don't know the original source of the image. McFarlane Toys has yet to release official images for this one but we knew it was coming because we saw it on the back of the packaging for the other figures from the movie that were officially shown off the other month. In the movie Penguin is being played by actor Colin Farrell.

The-Batman-Penguin.jpg

all I can say is that does look better then grifter Bruce.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, SpiderS said:

Penguin looks good but something tells me most will use this figure as stand in civilian or some "detective"

Yeah, this feels more Harvey Bullock than Penguin....

Shown below via sb_toyz are in-hand images for the upcoming 7" DC Multiverse The Batman movie figures from McFarlane Toys. Shown are Batman, Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin. You can purchase these from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth. The Penguin which has yet to be officially announced by McFarlane is the only one currently not available, but should be soon.

The-Batman-McFarlane 00.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 1.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 2.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 3.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 4.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 5.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 6.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 7.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 8.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 9.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 10.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 11.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 12.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 13.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 14.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 15.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 16.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 17.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 18.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 19.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 20.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 21.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 22.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 23.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 24.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 25.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 26.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 27.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 28.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 29.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 30.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 31.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 32.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 33.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane 35.jpg

The-Batman-McFarlane.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 4:17 PM, Reno said:

Yeah, this feels more Harvey Bullock than Penguin....

I still can't believe Colin Farrell is The Penguin. Cool I guess? You can hardly tell it's him but why? 

What is the deal with all the McFarlane figs with the "side-eye" thing? I've passed on a couple now due to that alone. I know some people like it, but, to me, it is a strangely random choice to make, unless a character is consistently drawn looking to the side or something, like a "signature look" or something.  

13 hours ago, jwheeler0805 said:

What is the deal with all the McFarlane figs with the "side-eye" thing? I've passed on a couple now due to that alone. I know some people like it, but, to me, it is a strangely random choice to make, unless a character is consistently drawn looking to the side or something, like a "signature look" or something.  

It seems like its becoming more and more common. I passed on Aquaman, Green Luthor, Superboy Prime and makes me debate getting the unmasked Batwoman Beyond despite being a nice head sculpt imo. I think he forgets sometimes these are action figures and not statues.

To quote the great Butthead, "Uuuugh.....OK! Catwoman? Sure, in general I suppose. And if you dim the lights and squint your eyes really hard and you don't really care what Zoe Kravitz looks like I suppose you could pass it off as the The Batman version.

This is as good as McFarlane gets, my friends. Much like his artwork, if you over saturate the eyesight with textures and lines and folds and scratches and shading and wild anatomy you can fake it for a while, but eventually all the shortcomings all get exposed when you have to tone it down back to a more simplistic design, much like the Drifter Bruce Wayne, and you actually get to see it in three dimensions, well...it just don't work.

I think this Cat Woman Unmasked looks a lot like Zoe Kravitz, some Hot Toys miss the mark by a wider margin, this being just a 20 bucks figure, I think it's a good likeness, good thing that they avoid to sculpt her hair, that's the worst part on Pattinson Unmasked imo

Shown below via sb_toyz are in-hand images for the new DC Multiverse The Batman Movie Drifter Bruce Wayne, Target Exclusive Drifter Bruce Wayne, Unmasked Catwoman, Batcycle and Drifter Bruce Wayne Motorcycle. You can purchase these (Except the Target exclusive Bruce Wayne) at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 00.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 1.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 2.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 3.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 4.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 5.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 6.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 7.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 8.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 9.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 10.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 11.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 12.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 13.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 15.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 16.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 17.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse 18.jpg

The-Batman-Wave-2-DC-Multiverse.jpg

I'm using the Bruce Wayne figure for a custom base but as a Batman completist I will pick up the basic figures (the penguin being the top of the list). I'm hoping the movie is better than some of the designs though. Right now Affleck BvS Batman is the best batsuit for me hopefully Todd makes that for his appearance in the Flash movie along with Keaton Batman. But these designs here are hit or miss for me.