DC Multiverse Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Build-A-Line

Outsiders

McFarlane Toys revealed a first look at the upcoming Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Build-A-Line.  The line consists of Batman, Superman, The Joker and Robin, which assembles Batman's Horse-A-Figure.

Pre-orders coming later this month.

Batman_The_Dark_Knight_Returns_BAL.jpg

McFarlane toys out did themselves with this wave. I can imagine that Bat-Horse alone being a must-have for many collectors/customizers. I for one will need it for the incoming Mezco Conan. Great work Todd!

0Bs0VFV.jpg

That trigger hand on Joker and no pistol. McFarlane Toys needs to come out with a weapon accessory pack and they can release all the specific guns that were supposed to come out with the figures. Such a stupid mandate. Are there kids that are going to be into this very specific adult version of Frank Miller's Batman? And who cares if they are, it's a tiny pistol included with a toy. Going to try and rob a grocery store with it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

That trigger hand on Joker and no pistol. McFarlane Toys needs to come out with a weapon accessory pack and they can release all the specific guns that were supposed to come out with the figures. Such a stupid mandate. Are there kids that are going to be into this very specific adult version of Frank Miller's Batman? And who cares if they are, it's a tiny pistol included with a toy. Going to try and rob a grocery store with it?

What mandate? Can you elaborate......because mcfarlane toys has always sold guns with their figures (Halo, Spawn and more) Spin master batman toys come with guns....so i dont understand quite what you meant. 

2 hours ago, Dark5cythe said:

What mandate? Can you elaborate......because mcfarlane toys has always sold guns with their figures (Halo, Spawn and more) Spin master batman toys come with guns....so i dont understand quite what you meant. 

Warner brothers has a policy for anyone using there properties to make toys. They are not supposed to incorporate guns with the figures. This is a Warner brothers policy not a Todd Mac policy.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LordVenger said:

Warner brothers has a policy for anyone using there properties to make toys. They are not supposed to incorporate guns with the figures. This is a Warner brothers policy not a Todd Mac policy.  

Is that something the someone from WB or one of the licensees has said publicly? Or just a rumor from figure websites? Flashpoint Batman had pistols, as have multiple Jokers. So do tons of Mafex DC figures, although I guess it could be a regional licensing thing. 

3 hours ago, glhshelby said:

Is that something the someone from WB or one of the licensees has said publicly? Or just a rumor from figure websites? Flashpoint Batman had pistols, as have multiple Jokers. So do tons of Mafex DC figures, although I guess it could be a regional licensing thing. 

I know mezco toys has tweeted about it and prime one studios. I think Todd also has mentioned it. But to be honest I forget. 

I applaud Warner Bros for their no gun policy.  Kids like toys, they will buy these just like any others if they like the characters.  These figures are amazing!  Love love love the horse BAF.  I will be curious to see how balanced it is.  Whether or not the horse will be able to actually hold Batman up like in the picture or not.  

The no guns "mandate" is bizarre mostly in that it seems to have no consistent rules. Mezco has said they can include firearms with their DC figures, but they can't show them in promotional materials. McFarlane excluded the guns for every figure from The Suicide Squad that should have came with them, but both variants of the Flashpoint Batman figure (one released in the spring and the other just a couple months ago) have two pistols. Spinmaster frequently includes guns with their figures, but they look extremely unrealistic and in bright primary colors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satam said:

The no guns "mandate" is bizarre mostly in that it seems to have no consistent rules. Mezco has said they can include firearms with their DC figures, but they can't show them in promotional materials. McFarlane excluded the guns for every figure from The Suicide Squad that should have came with them, but both variants of the Flashpoint Batman figure (one released in the spring and the other just a couple months ago) have two pistols. Spinmaster frequently includes guns with their figures, but they look extremely unrealistic and in bright primary colors.

Yea. Your dead on. It makes no sense. Especially since apparently they have had the policy for years now and obviously haven’t cared until suicide squad I guess. 

You can applaud, that doesn’t mean it’s a good policy or that it will make any difference in the world. Sure the occasional kid may like them, but kids also don’t have income and their parents will be making the decision on what they buy. There’s an entire spin masters line for kids. These are obviously geared for adult collectors and feature severed heads, blood spatters, disgusting/horrifying creatures, sharp pointy parts that can hurt a kids hands or be used as a weapon, and much more that parents wouldn’t want their kids having. Part of America is gun culture, it’s in all of our media including all of the comics and movies that these are based on. Collectors just want accurate representations of them. As you know they’ll shell out thousands a year if a line has everything they’re looking for. With characters like red hood not having guns, it’s completely pointless to even make the figure, because those guns are essential to the character and he’s never without them. If DC is really about decreasing violence maybe they should remove all violence from all mediums because when you really stand for something, it’s  against all odds, it includes sacrifice and the risk of losing money, which they really aren’t willing to do. 

40 minutes ago, ZoomAir said:

You can applaud, that doesn’t mean it’s a good policy or that it will make any difference in the world. Sure the occasional kid may like them, but kids also don’t have income and their parents will be making the decision on what they buy. There’s an entire spin masters line for kids. These are obviously geared for adult collectors and feature severed heads, blood spatters, disgusting/horrifying creatures, sharp pointy parts that can hurt a kids hands or be used as a weapon, and much more that parents wouldn’t want their kids having.

They are geared for kids and adults because they are sold as mass retail at places like Target and Walmart in the kids toy aisles. Just like Marvel Legends, while the adult collector is who the manufacturer has in mind when they make them they also count on kids/parents buying them as well.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Tecrom said:

McFarlane toys out did themselves with this wave. I can imagine that Bat-Horse alone being a must-have for many collectors/customizers. I for one will need it for the incoming Mezco Conan. Great work Todd!

0Bs0VFV.jpg

Good idea. Would look good with this figure. And last I checked, mezco's site is finally shipping this out. Gives me hope for Batman 89 lol. 

• Like 1

I'm glad to see these figures made despite so many Superman and Batman figures and related characters. This graphic novel is really good and loved by many, so anytime we get figures made of them its usually a welcome. As in this case, I hope the final product shots are better lol. Build a horse concept while different is also unusual. But the hose does look nice, hey, something different than a bike or monster truck I guess lol.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:56 PM, LordVenger said:

I heard about this too, and it does really suck that WB has this. Everyone is so political or PC now. 

13 hours ago, Batfreak87 said:

I heard about this too, and it does really suck that WB has this. Everyone is so political or PC now. 

Yea. It’s pretty stupid. I mean I’m sure wb still wants the kids to watch the bullet flying brain exploding movies and shows lol. Just can’t have that gun with your toy kid. 

• Like 1