The Book of Boba Fett Premiere Date Set For December 29 On Disney+

JayC

First let me just say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the season 2 finale for the Disney+ The Mandalorian series.

Second you will want to watch all the way through to the end of the credits for an extra bonus scene which then leads to the announcement of a new Boba Fett series coming in 2021. The final thing flashed on the screen says the following:

“The Book of Boba Fett, coming December 2021.

• Like 1

We told you about the series on Friday, but now here is the official announcement via StarWars.com for the newest Disney+ Star Wars series coming to the streaming service next year featuring everyone's favorite Bounty Hunter Boba Fett.

As teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the season finale of The Mandalorian, the legendary bounty hunter’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett. Jon Favreau, executive producer of The Mandalorian, confirmed today on Good Morning America that the new series is currently in production and will arrive December 2021, only on Disney+.

The Book of Boba Fett will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez — who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian, a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy — joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.

Boba Fett made his big-screen debut in 1980’s Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, becoming an instant fan favorite thanks to his visually arresting armor and cool demeanor. Jeremy Bulloch, the original actor inside the armor, passed away last week — but his legacy, including all he brought to Boba Fett, goes on. The Book of Boba Fett will carry that legacy forward.

Season 3 of The Mandalorian will go into production next year.

Book-Of-Boba-Fett.jpg

I'm happy that Robert Rodriguez is involved, I'm a fan of his work and I liked what he did with Boba Fett in the episode he directed. I hope they don't reveal how he escaped the Sarlacc and leave that as something that he doesn't want to talk about. I also hope they continue his no allegiance to anybody mindset but still not above helping someone if honor demands it.

• 9 months later...
The Book of Boba Fett will premier on Disney+ starting on Wednesday December 29.

The Book of Boba Fett, a thrilling Star Wars adventure, finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.

The Book of Boba Fett stars Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen. Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Robert Rodriguez, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson are the executive producers. Karen Gilchrist and Carrie Beck serve as co-executive producers, with John Bartnicki producing and John Hampian as co-producer.

book-of-boba-fett-teaser-poster.jpg

• 1 month later...
Every galaxy has an underworld. Experience the new trailer for The Book of Boba Fett. The Original Series starts streaming December 29 on Disney+.

“The Book of Boba Fett,” a thrilling Star Wars adventure teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the Season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian,” finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.

“The Book of Boba Fett” stars Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen. Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Robert Rodriguez, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson are the executive producers. Karen Gilchrist and Carrie Beck serve as co-executive producers, with John Bartnicki producing and John Hampian as co-producer.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“The Book of Boba Fett,” a thrilling Star Wars adventure teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the Season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian,” finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.

“The Book of Boba Fett” stars Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen. Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Robert Rodriguez, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson are the executive producers. Karen Gilchrist and Carrie Beck serve as co-executive producers, with John Bartnicki producing and John Hampian as co-producer.

• 1 month later...

New Disney+ Star Wars: The Book Of Boba Fett Character Posters: Madam Garsa & Mayor's Mojordomo

Madam_Garsa__scaled_600.jpg

Mayors_Majordomo'__scaled_600.jpg

From chapter 1 of The Book Of Bobs Fett, now streaming on Disney+

2 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

If they would have included Danny Trejo figure with the Haslab Rancor, I would have funded the heck out of it.

That would have been one hell of a spoiler that Hasbro likely wasn't allowed to reveal, even if they'd known about it, which they might not have, but yeah. I hear ya.

That's another reason why they should have held off on the Haslab Rancor. I'm thinking the Rancor is going to have a recurring role, maybe somewhat significant role in the series, which means more exposure. They could have waited and announced it right after  series ended. One of the tiers could have been a figure of Danny Trejo's character, maybe a Boba Fett that could ride the Rancor since they seem to be building to that. They could have made interchangeable parts(if applicable) to differentiate between the two Rancors. 

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE