Netflix The Witcher - Renewed For Third Season, Additional Series & Another Anime Film

Outsiders

During Netflix's first global fan event: TUDUM, the streaming service made a few announcements about The Witcher series including additional seasons, new Witcher series, and a new anime film.

The second season of Netflix's The Witcher will premiere on December 17th and Netflix has given the green light and renewed the series for a third season.  The second season will follow Henry Cavill’s Geralt of Rivia who, convinced that Yennefer (Anya Chalotra) died at the gruesome Battle of Sodden, seeks to bring Princess Cirilla (Freya Allan) to the safest place he knows, his childhood home of Kaer Morhen. While the Continent’s kings, elves, humans, and demons strive for supremacy outside its walls, Geralt must protect the girl from something far more dangerous: the mysterious power she possesses inside.

The Witcher is an executive produced by Schmidt Hissrich. Tomek Baginski, Jason F. Brown, Sean Daniel, Mike Ostrowski, Steve Gaub and Jarosław Sawko also executive produce.

Additionally, Netflix is expanding The Witcher franchise with a new kids and family series and a second anime feature film.

The upcoming anime film, which remains untitled, is the second anime film in The Witcher franchise at Netflix. The first anime, The Witcher: Nightmare of The Wolf, which followed the exploits of Geralt’s mentor and predecessor Vessemir.

The Witcher: Blood Origin: Set in an elven world 1200 years before the world of The Witcher.  Blood Origin will chart the creation of the first prototype Witcher, and the events that lead to the pivotal ‘Conjunction of the Spheres’, when the worlds of monsters, men, and elves merged to become one.

The series stars Laurence O’Fuarain, Michelle Yeoh, Sophia Brown, Lenny Henry, Mirren Mack, Nathaniel Curtis, Dylan Moran. Jacob Collins-Levy, Lizzie Annis, Huw Novelli, Francesca Mills, Amy Murry, and Zach Wyatt also round out the cast.

Declan de Barra will act as executive producer and showrunner. Lauren Schmidt Hissrich and Matt O’Toole are executive producers. Andrzej Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant. Jason Brown and Sean Daniel from Hivemind, and Tomek Baginski, and Jarek Sawko from Platige Films will all serve as executive producers.

• Like 1

Glad to hear about a third season. The first season was really good , but to those not familiar with the story it may be hard to track. So if you want to check it out it is important to note that all the story of Geralt and yennefer is in the past while ciri story is in the present. That should help. 

If you really want to know what is going on with The Witcher then I suggest playing all 3 of The Witcher games because you get so much more of the background stories of all the characters from the Netflix series.

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

If you really want to know what is going on with The Witcher then I suggest playing all 3 of The Witcher games because you get so much more of the background stories of all the characters from the Netflix series.

Ha. I doubt anyone who hasn’t already played the games is interested in putting hundreds of hours into them now just to be able to watch the show.  Probably can’t even find the first pc game now ikd. I was just trying to help anyone with no experience in the Witcher get more out of the show. Since the show doesn’t explain itself as alternating back and forth through time. Wish they would have just put text on the screen that said current time or in the past or something to differentiate. I know this really confused my friends who tried to watch it.  Of course you could always just read the books. 

9 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

I gave season 1 a chance....

Being that it was Season 1.....

There was some good and bad things about it....

But hey, It was there first Season...

More good then bad =^)

Look forward into checking out season 2    ;^)

Did you already have knowledge of the story from the books or games?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordVenger said:

Ha. I doubt anyone who hasn’t already played the games is interested in putting hundreds of hours into them now just to be able to watch the show.  Probably can’t even find the first pc game now ikd. I was just trying to help anyone with no experience in the Witcher get more out of the show. Since the show doesn’t explain itself as alternating back and forth through time. Wish they would have just put text on the screen that said current time or in the past or something to differentiate. I know this really confused my friends who tried to watch it.  Of course you could always just read the books. 

This is true but you can get all the games for very reasonable prices at Good Old Games.

3 hours ago, LordVenger said:

What is good old games? Never heard of it?

Good Old Games or GOG is an online site that sells DRM-Free games.  It's owned and operated by CD Projekt Red, the same developing company that made all of The Witcher games and Cyberpunk 2077.  They also take older games going back 20-30 years and reissue them so you can play them on PC again.

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Good Old Games or GOG is an online site that sells DRM-Free games.  It's owned and operated by CD Projekt Red, the same developing company that made all of The Witcher games and Cyberpunk 2077.  They also take older games going back 20-30 years and reissue them so you can play them on PC again.

Ok. Interesting. 

8 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

Big Negative....

Still s1

Got me interested....

I'll "witch" season 2 on the "Flix" ;^)

Did you have trouble following the story due to how they showed the same events but from two different perspectives, geralts in the past and ciri in the present. My friends did and lost interest in the show.