MAFEX BTAS Joker Figure Official Figure Images From Medicom

JayC

Shown are official images for the upcoming Batman: The Animated Series MAFEX Joker figure from Medicom that will see release in July 2022. The figure will come with 2 headsculpts, multiple hands, knife, wallet, money and a dollar bill paper airplane. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-01.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-02.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-03.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-04.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-05.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-06.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-07.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-08.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-09.jpg

MAFEX-Animated-Joker-10.jpg

Definitely no guns for this mass murdering clown!   I for one am very happy to be paying a high $$$ for figures that have no guns as accessories, as it teaches me, as an adult collector in his 40's, that guns have no place in my action figure collection!  I never knew that before, so thank you so much WB!

It's an excellent translation of Bruce Timm's worst Joker design into action figure form. If this were the BTAS look or even the kinda hybrid look introduced in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and used later in Justice League, I'd be all over it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Satam said:

It's an excellent translation of Bruce Timm's worst Joker design into action figure form. 

I agree.  Although, I remember seeing a Bruce Timm interview last year commenting on this version of the Joker, and he said this was his initial design for the character, but WB didn't like it and made him up with the other version.

I'm on the fence about picking this version of the Joker, because I love the articulation, but I just have a feeling that the BTAS version of the Joker will be release a year or so after the release of this version.

17 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

I agree.  Although, I remember seeing a Bruce Timm interview last year commenting on this version of the Joker, and he said this was his initial design for the character, but WB didn't like it and made him up with the other version.

I'm on the fence about picking this version of the Joker, because I love the articulation, but I just have a feeling that the BTAS version of the Joker will be release a year or so after the release of this version.

Odd. On the Superman: TAS DVD's, I believe, theres an interview where Timm says that this Joker design (and everyone else's) for TNBA was a result of wanting to redesign the BTAS characters to make them cohesive with his more streamlined style for STAS, and then he pretty much blamed Glenn Murakami for Joker's lack of lips.