Super7 ThunderCats Ultimates Cheetara Figure Delayed

JayC

Super7 today announced they are holding back their Cheetara while the rest of the figures in the wave which include Jaga, Slithe, and Captain Cracker have begun making their way to the US from the factory. Because of the delay Super7 will be including an extra headsculpt for Cheetara when it finally ships. See the official announcement put out by Super7 below:

"Good news! Jaga, Captain Cracker, and Slithe from the third wave of ThunderCats Ultimates! are completing thier journey across the ocean and will soon be on their way to the Super7 warehouse.

Unfortunately, Cheetara will not be included with the rest of the wave. Upon final inspection of the production run, the Super7 team was not satisfied with the quality of the figures. The short version is, updates that were supposed to happen didn't happen. We are beyond frustrated to have to announce that Cheetara is facing another delay.

We have said time and time again that we will always choose to deliver the best possible product, at the expense of additional time, and we have made the decision to do that one more time. We are going over Cheetara's design once again with the factory, to make sure we produce the quality figure that Cheetara and ThunderCats fans deserve.

As an apology, while we are unable to summon Cheetara's super speed to get this done, we WILL be adding an extra head for your Cheetara figure! This painted head will feature glowing eyes, as she is "called" by the sword of Omens in the show.

Once again Jaga, Captain Cracker and Slithe will begin shipping to you in October! For those of you who ordered Cheetara along with any other figures in this wave, those figures will be on the way to you at this time as well - Cheetara will be shipped separately at a later time, at no additional cost to you. As we just made the decision to pull this figure last week, we are still working on a new completion date for Cheetara and will communicate that timing as soon as we can."

ThunderCats-Cheetarah-02__scaled_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

I'm glad that Super7 is doing the right thing and delaying Cheetara to get her figure done right, I don't mind waiting. I hope Hasbro does something very similar in order to address the current Sentinel leg issues. 

I’m with you. If it’s not good fix it. Don’t care about waiting longer, just get it right. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 5:32 PM, 80sboy4 said:

I'm glad that Super7 is doing the right thing and delaying Cheetara to get her figure done right, I don't mind waiting. I hope Hasbro does something very similar in order to address the current Sentinel leg issues. 

Did not hear about...

"The Sentinel" Leg Issues...

Sad to those that ordered that "BIG" boy..

Hope they can do something...(discount, fix, etc)

• Thanks 1

Isn't Cheetara coming from that one factory in China that S7 said was nothing but problems and headaches? Cuz S7 said they left one factory because it was so bad, but that they were stuck with them for whichever series of figures they had already started on.

If anything, I'm glad Cheetara will be given time to be fixed, cuz inevitably that means that Steelheart from Silverhawks will (should) have the kinks worked out of the female buck when she's finally produced 😃

• Thanks 1

Cheetara is wave three which is supposed to be one of super 7 normal factories.  Wave two is the one that used Mattel's factory, and has a lot of figures with issues galore based on the signs super7 had in front of them at powercon.  Starting to think this line might actually be cursed.

• Sad 1