2021 Masters of the Universe Power-Con

JayC

Shown below are images from the Power-Con Mattel booth for the Masters of the Universe Origins figures on display. The images along with this booth tour come via Pixel-Dan.

Shown are the wave 7 figures which includes Buzz-Off, Jitsu, Sorceress and First Appearance Stratos which you can pre-order now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also shown are Anti-Eternia He-Man, Clawful and First Appearance Trap-Jaw.

For Deluxe figures there is Dragon-Claw Skeletor and Flying Fist He-Man.

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-00.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-05.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-06.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-07.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Power-Con2021-08.jpg

• Thanks 1

As was announced yesterday, Mattel will be making a limited number of this years Masters of the Universe Origins Power-Con exclusives available on the MattelCreations website starting tomorrow (9/13) at 9am PT.

This includes the following:

Evil Horde Boxset
All hail Hordak! This Exclusive MOTU Origins Horde Figure multipack features Hordak, supreme leader and the man who taught Skeletor about the dark magic. He is the sworn nemesis of King Grayskull—along with the evil Grizzlor, the wild beast man from Jungulia who serves Hordak as his hairy henchman.

To round out the collection, we have extremely rare black Shadow Horde Trooper and Crimson Horde trooper—the foot soldiers of the Horde who wreak havoc throughout the galaxy for their master, Hordak.

$150.00

Faker & Dupli-Cat
s that He-Man and Battle Cat? No, it’s their evil blue doppelgangers, Faker and Dupli-Cat, ready to trick the good guys into letting their guard down. This Power-Con Exclusive Origins set comes complete with their orange armor and weapons, including his own Havoc Staff and Power Sword.

$60.00

Secrets of Grayskull Set
Our designers took the original decal stickers from the OG Grayskull and thought, “what if our figures could interact with them?” So they brought to life three of the castle’s best decorations—the Dungeon Monster, the robot sparring partner, and the Spirit of Grayskull. All of these additions fit perfectly into your Origins Castle Grayskull to help He-Man and his friends keep the power safe behind its coveted walls.

$30.00

These sets likely won't last long so if you want them you will probably want to be online a little before 9am PT.

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 1.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 2.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 3.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 4.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 5.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 6.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 7.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives 8.jpg

MOTU-Origins-2021-Power-Con-Exclusives.jpg

• Thanks 1

As was announced yesterday during Power-Con, the Mattel Masters Of The Universe Origins Fan-Choose First Appearance Tri-Klops figure will be made available on the MattelCreations website tomorrow (9/13) at 9am PT. The figure will cost $17 and include signature rotating visor with three different types of vision, his sword, a Glow-in-the-Dark Warrior Ring (just like his first figure), and an exclusive mini-comic to showcase how he got his evil start. Check out the official images below.

MOTU-Origins-First-Appearance-Tri-Klops 1.jpg

MOTU-Origins-First-Appearance-Tri-Klops 2.jpg

MOTU-Origins-First-Appearance-Tri-Klops 3.jpg

MOTU-Origins-First-Appearance-Tri-Klops 4.jpg

MOTU-Origins-First-Appearance-Tri-Klops 5.jpg

MOTU-Origins-First-Appearance-Tri-Klops.jpg

• Thanks 1

As announced yesterday during Power-Con, the newly announced Masters of the Universe Origins Deluxe Sun-Man figure will be going up for pre-order tomorrow (9/13) at 9am PT on the MattelCreations website. The figure will cost $30. The figure features 16 points of articulation, swappable heads, hands, and accessories. The packaging pays homage to Sun-Man’s origin story and features deluxe artwork and an original comic.

There will be a regular Origins version of Sun-Man released at retail at some point along with other characters from the original Olmec Toys line, so stay-tuned for more details on those when they become available.

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 1.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 2.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 3.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 4.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 5.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 6.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man 7.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Sun-Man.jpg

• Thanks 1

Monstarr looks great. Much bigger than I pictured.

I'm surprised the next Conan wave is not much farther along...I guess I don't have to worry about BBTS charging for it anytime soon (or this year probably)

Sun man's face just looks a bit too goofy for me

• Thanks 1

I am so happy to see Sun Man getting added to MOTU. He looks great, but the head looks like Fat Albert or a Garbaga Pail Kid...maybe they could have made it a bit smaller or more sleek?

Love the giant Mondo figures, and She-Ra looks particularly good. All the Origins continue to look fantastic, and so happy for fan vote Tri-Klops!

Most of the Masterverse figures look cool. Thanks to the Revelation show being so awful for me, I am not interested in them, but that deluxe Tri-Klops looks amazing. King Grayskull looks pretty cool too with the fur and cloth cape. I wish more lines would consider soft goods.

The Teela and Andra figures look ugly, as I expected. Who is doing the head sculpts for Masterverse? Clearly it's not the Four Horsemen...these are some of the worst head sculpts I have seen on figures in a while. 

All in all, a lot of great stuff for MOTU fans! People get your wallets ready...get your coins up!

Glad to see Sun Man is getting some love (always wanted one when I was a kid).  The online version being a straight up modernization of the OG is why that face looks like that.  I'd get it for collectible sake I hope the retail version has a new head.

King Grayskull is a instant grab. So is Andra.  Did I miss "modern" Teela or is she in wave 2?

Looking like there is lots to grab from MOTU in 2022...and I'll still be grabbing some from the kiddie line as well.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Glad to see Sun Man is getting some love (always wanted one when I was a kid).  The online version being a straight up modernization of the OG is why that face looks like that.  I'd get it for collectible sake I hope the retail version has a new head.

King Grayskull is a instant grab. So is Andra.  Did I miss "modern" Teela or is she in wave 2?

Looking like there is lots to grab from MOTU in 2022...and I'll still be grabbing some from the kiddie line as well.

Sun-Man comes with two heads, the original and another one... Modern Teela comes on wave two.✌️😎

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, JayC said:

ToyBro has posted a tour of the Super7 booth at this weekends Powe-Con convention. On display were production samples for various Ultimates lines including ThunderCats, TMNT, SilverHawks, Conan and Simpsons. Not the production samples for the ThunderCats Mumm-Ra and Tygra figures aren't final as the forearms are on incorrectly.

Super7-ThunderCats.png

I'm EXTREMELY impressed by the Monstarr prototype... Wow, he looks like the real deal... Even with the eye popping out the star of Limbo... I'm so glad that I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered 😎✌️

I was teaching 4th grade when the exclusives went live.  I was going to try to fix it so they did some independent work while I hopped online right at 11, but the stars did not align.

Fortunately my brother in law was able to pick up the two that I wanted:  the Grayskull set and Tri Clops.  I'm very grateful and very excited for these!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yojoebro82 said:

I was teaching 4th grade when the exclusives went live.  I was going to try to fix it so they did some independent work while I hopped online right at 11, but the stars did not align.

Fortunately my brother in law was able to pick up the two that I wanted:  the Grayskull set and Tri Clops.  I'm very grateful and very excited for these!

Lucky you for getting those man... I was getting out of the airport and picking up a rental car when it hit me that I was missing the release time by 20 min... When I checked everything was gone but Tri Clops... I didn't bought Tri Clops since it really doesn't appeal to me that version... I already have the one with the original colors...

43 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Lucky you for getting those man... I was getting out of the airport and picking up a rental car when it hit me that I was missing the release time by 20 min... When I checked everything was gone but Tri Clops... I didn't bought Tri Clops since it really doesn't appeal to me that version... I already have the one with the original colors...

The colors are gaudy as heck, that is for sure, but I am liking the figures that are based on the original mini comics.  I have white Sorceress from ebay, LOP Mer Man, and I'm looking forward to Green Goddess and the green Trapjaw.  This Tri Clops will go good with that lot.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, JayC said:

Shown via the official Sun-Man instagram page is a preview of the new mini-comic that will be included with the upcoming Masters Of The Universe Origins Sun-Man figure being released by Mattel. The story introduces the character to the He-Man universe.

Sun-Man-Mini-Comic-Preview.jpg

I will buy it when it becomes available!✌️

10 hours ago, JangDangus said:

The head design looks so much better there than the actual sculpt. I’m buying it but it looks a little goofy. I like goofy but I’d kinda prefer the drawing

Maybe they can do a more detailed figure in Masterverse. It's only been Revelations figures so far, but it doesn't have to stay that way.

• Thanks 1