2021 Masters of the Universe Power-Con

JayC

Power-Con 2021 kicks off today and shown below via vinyl_violence are some images from the Mondo booth on display there. We can see a new 1/6 scale Revelation Skeletor, He-Man, Battle Cat and She-Ra with Kowl. Look for more Mondo news later today as they will have a panel taking place at 5:30 PM ET.

Mondo-PowerCon21-01.jpg

Mondo-PowerCon21-02.jpg

Mondo-PowerCon21-03.jpg

Mondo-PowerCon21-04.jpg

Mondo-PowerCon21-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

MOTU isn't going away in 2023

There are no plans to discontinue Origins.

Tons of product coming in 2022.

They continue to work on their distribution and expanding into new markets.

New product for Origins in Spring. Buzz-Off, Jitsu and Sorceress.

Anti-Eternia He-Man, Clawfull and 1st Appearance Trap-Jaw

Deluxe Figures Dragon-Claw and Flying Fist He-Man.

Stridor vehicle

Masterverse - Fisto, Scareglow, Andra and Stinkor. Also shown is Mer-Man and Classic Teela.

Deluxe figures - Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and and unknown figure. Also shown King Grayskull

Power-Con-Mattel-01.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-02.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-03 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-03 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-03.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 3.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 4.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 5.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-07.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-08.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-10 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-10.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-11 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-11.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-13 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-13.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-14.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-15.jpg

• Like 1

Deluxe figures - Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and and unknown figure, Also shown King Grayskull. King Grayskull will be released at Target.

Other Masterverse figures coming besides Revelation, New Eternia, Princess Of Power and He-Man Masters of the Universe (Second Netflix Series)/

New Eternia features original characters designs inspired by Classic MOTU concepts. It launches in action figure for first with more stories possible down the road.

Power-Con-Mattel-11.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-13.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-14.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-15.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-17 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-17 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-17.jpg

• Thanks 1

Big news in 2022. Origins figures will be available on the Mattel Creations website in 2022. Starting with the Tri-Klops 1st Appearance figure 9am PT this Monday on 9/13.

There will be Origins Wondar, Koldar will be released in Spring 2022 on Mattel Creations exclusively. In Fall 2022 we will see two more which they aren't revealing.

The Power-Con exclusives from this year will also be offered this Monday at 9am PT on Mattel Creations.

Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun are joining MOTU with the Origins line.

Power-Con-Mattel-18 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-18 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-18.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-19.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-20.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-21.jpg

Full Panel recap and all the images:

MOTU isn't going away in 2023

There are no plans to discontinue Origins.

Tons of product coming in 2022.

They continue to work on their distribution and expanding into new markets.

New product for Origins in Spring. Buzz-Off, Jitsu and Sorceress.

Anti-Eternia He-Man, Clawfull and 1st Appearance Trap-Jaw

Deluxe Figures Dragon-Claw and Flying Fist He-Man.

Stridor vehicle

Masterverse - Fisto, Scareglow, Andra and Stinkor. Also shown is Mer-Man and Classic Teela.

Deluxe figures - Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and and unknown figure, Also shown King Grayskull. King Grayskull will be released at Target.

Other Masterverse figures coming besides Revelation, New Eternia, Princess Of Power and He-Man Masters of the Universe (Second Netflix Series)/

New Eternia features original characters designs inspired by Classic MOTU concepts. It launches in action figure for first with more stories possible down the road.

Big news in 2022. Origins figures will be available on the Mattel Creations website in 2022. Starting with the Tri-Klops 1st Appearance figure 9am PT this Monday on 9/13.

There will be Origins Wun-Darr, Kol-Darr will be released in Spring 2022 on Mattel Creations exclusively. In Fall 2022 we will see two more which they aren't revealing.

The Power-Con exclusives from this year will also be offered this Monday at 9am PT on Mattel Creations.

Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun are joining MOTU with the Origins line.

The Deluxe Sun-Man Origins figure will be available on MattelCreations.com on Monday 9/13 at 9AM PT.

Sun-Man will have a mini-comic with an elaborate backstory introducing him into the world of MOTU and he is to be considered as powerful as He-Man. Sun-Man will have a regular release beyond the Deluxe figure along with other Sun-Man characters.

Q&A - They listen to you. They try and address your feedback when they can.

How long does it take to sculpt a figure? Can vary but 2-3 weeks and a week for revisions. 3D scanning helps as well.

Does the Masterverse line going to touch every aspect of MOTU History? Yes.

Any vehicles or playsets? Vehicle yes and Playsets they are looking for at all options on how to get them released.

Holiday Theme 2-Pack for Origins? They arent ruling anything out.

Panel Ends.

Power-Con-Mattel-01.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-02.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-03 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-03 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-03.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 3.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 4.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05 5.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-05.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-07.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-08.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-10 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-10.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-11 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-11.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-13.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-14.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-15.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-17 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-17 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-17.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-18 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-18 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-18.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-19.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-20.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-21.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-22.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-23.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-24.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-25.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-27.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-28.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-29.jpg

Good deal to Mattel for doing the right thing and offering the Power-Con exclusives on the Creations website on Monday. I missed those because I flat out forgot on the day, and I was royally pissed and was about to quit the line because of their stubborn refusal to make anymore for the event per the Con showrunner. They should have announced this day after offering if it was planned early to negate all of the hate that came out of that preorder.  That was a dark day for the line and a lot of people quit the line because of it. There's no use to collect a line if I can't get it all (if one is a completist) and I wasn't looking forward to spending close to $1,000 for the 3 items on eBay (other exclusives go for hundreds and that first ever 2pack with the comic Prince Adam is close to $500 now), so I was set to quit the line. I was very happy to hear that the items got delayed during shipping and weren't going to be available on the day because that's good ol' karma biting them in the ass. I don't know if it showed or not, but if not they got what they deserved even after hearing about this Creations sale.

On purpose, limited exclusivity is buuuuuuullshite. It's like the multi-billion dollar toy conglomerate doesn't like making money and would rather have the hype for their little plastic men product that is already limited in regards to the number of people interested in buying it. Piss poor thinking, Mattel. Fire whomever thinks like this, and get the product to the stores, and I mean all of the stores and not in the ridiculous numbers like He-Man and Skeletor. A reasonable amount will do, and don't dump Rise of Evil 2-pack amounts on them either. That kind of backfired in certain markets where it's collecting dust.

You've been doing this for decades. Surely, you know what to do by now. I've been doing it for 40 years, and I can tell you how to do it and what you need to do so all of your fancy MBAs can surely do it too.

Today Mattel is holding a panel at the 2021 Power-Con convention for MEGA Contrux. It is being live-streamed via Zoom. See the link for it HERE.

We will update this story over the course of the next hour with any news or product reveals made by Mattel at the panel.

Product for 2022 - Castle Grayskull will continue to be available in 2021.

Zombie Horde Slime Pit is a new Skeletor Head set with no mess slime part. It allows the slime can be displayed without the mess. Will have Zombie He-Man.

Landshark with working teads and mouth. Comes with Battle Armor Skeletor and Roboto

Monstroid with Adam blue vest, Hordak and She-Ra. Will be $29,99.

40" long Havoc Staff. Will have 740 pieces.

Snake-Mountain is coming at a later time. They showed a unpainted prototype.

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-02 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-02 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-02 3.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-02 4.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-02.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 1.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 2.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 3.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 4.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 5.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 6.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 7.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 8.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 9.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 10.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 11.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03 12.jpg

Power-Con-Mattel-Mega-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm real happy that those who missed out on those Power-con exclusives get a second chance. Hopefully they will limit 1 of each, still likely to sellout quick. The Grayskull accessory pack should get a wider release. Probably the most exciting reveal for me is the Megaconstrux Snake Mountain!!! Looks like it will be modeled after the Classics version which is great. Will definitely get this. Happy to see Sun Man will get a general release later on as I'm not going to get this exclusive version for $35. 

Overall I like the reveals but the exclusives still plaque these lines, I get why they are done but still a bit frustrating. 

• Thanks 1

I admit, i'm still thinking of what MOTU stuff i'd love to get, from Origins to the Masterverse line, i guess for both lines i'd love to get Stinkor really, while classic Teela in the masterverse seems interesting enough.

• Thanks 1

Shown below via vitamin_d_81 are images of the Mattel booth at this years Power-Con convention. For Masterverse Revelation figures on display they had the regular Stinkor, Classic Teela, Mer-Man, Fisto, Scareglow and Andra. For Deluxe Revelation figures they had Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw and King Grayskull. Also on display was the New Eternia Masterverse He-Man figure and for the Origins line the Deluxe Sun-Man which will be offered on MattelCreations this coming Monday (9/13) at 9am PT. For more on these be sure to catch our coverage of the Mattel panel from earlier today.

On the MEGA Contrux fron they had on display the Zombie Horde Slime Pit is a new Skeletor Head set with no mess slime part which will come with a Zombie He-Man mini-figure.

Landshark with working treads and mouth. Comes with Battle Armor Skeletor and Roboto

Monstroid with Adam blue vest, Hordak and She-Ra. Will be $29.99.

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-00.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-01.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-02.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-03.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-04.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-05.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-06.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-07.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-08.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-09.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-10.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-11.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-20.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-21.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-22.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-23.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-30.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-31.jpg

Mattel-Power-Con-Booth-32.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Mondo panel at Power-Con recently ended and below are screen shots of the slides shown during it that come via ToyBro. Highlights include the following:

1/6 Trap Jaw coming in 2022

Pre-Order for the 1/6 Scareglow go live in October. The figure totally glows including weapons.

Revelation 1/6 Skeletor pre-order goes live in January 2022.

Prototype for She-Ra shown

New Deluxe He-Man with various harness pieces coming including Battle Armor and Thunder Punch.

1/6 scale Battle Cat and Panthor figures in the works along with a Horde Trooper figure.

Mondo-Panel-00.jpg

Mondo-Panel-01.jpg

Mondo-Panel-02.jpg

Mondo-Panel-03.jpg

Mondo-Panel-06.jpg

Mondo-Panel-07.jpg

Mondo-Panel-08.jpg

Mondo-Panel-09.jpg

Mondo-Panel-10.jpg

Mondo-Panel-11.jpg

Mondo-Panel-12.jpg

Mondo-Panel-13.jpg

Mondo-Panel-14.jpg

• Like 1

Drooling over these pics. Love the blackwash paint on stinkors loin clothe, I love the look of triklops and fisto and how you can remove that cult look.

Classics prices are insane so I'm so happy for masters fans to get a fisto, stinkor etc in their collections if they can't afford the classics. 

I'm really enjoying the articulation too..they feel like marvel legends motu figs! I highly recommend Revelations manatarms and spikor! Beastman was a surprise favorite of mine as I used 200x parts for him.

Had a great day 1 at Power-Con and a great 1st day back on a convention floor after a 2 year hiatus.  Unfortunately the Mondo line took a very long time despite me being very close to the front of the line so I missed the Mattel panel but I appreciate being able to come here and see the recap of what I missed.  

That classic Teela head looks awful. Hopefully that's just Evil Lynitis prototype head syndrome. The Evil Lyn final head is awesome whereas the prototype and the one on the back of the packaging are terrible and feature a completely different everything including paint. It's a terrible way to market a toy by showing an inferior product. Teela looks like a mannequin head and lifeless with flat paint, so it has to be prototype bad head syndrome. Gotta hate bad head.

ToyBro has posted a tour of the Super7 booth at this weekends Powe-Con convention. On display were production samples for various Ultimates lines including ThunderCats, TMNT, SilverHawks, Conan and Simpsons. Not the production samples for the ThunderCats Mumm-Ra and Tygra figures aren't final as the forearms are on incorrectly.

Super7-ThunderCats.png

• Thanks 1

Shown below are new images from the Mattel booth at this weekend's Power-Con Convention focusing on the new Masterverse figures that were on hand. Images come via Mattel's own Steve Ozer as well as Pixel-Dan who has posted a tour video as well.

Specifically shown are the new He-Man and Skeletor which is part of a new Masterverse Sub-line called "New Eternia" which are unique designs of characters inspired by original concept character art.

Also shown are the Masterverse Wave 3 figures of Scare Glow, Fisto, Andra and Stinkor which you can pre-order now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also show are a Classic Teela and Mer-Man which may be part of wave 4, but that is not confirmed. For Deluxe Figures on display are Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw and King Grayskull.

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-00.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-01.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-02.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-03.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-04.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-05.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-06.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-07.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-08.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-09.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-10.jpg

Masterverse-Power-Con2021-11.jpg