Ramen Toy Announces Licensing Deal With Super7 To Do 6" Stylized Silverhawks Figures

JayC

Ramen Toy which is based in Singapore, China today announced on their Facebook page during a live stream that they have inked a deal with Super7 to produce stylized 6" Silverhawks figures.

Super7 is the current license owner for SilverHawks and of course doing their own line of 7" Ultimates figures. Up until this point Ramen Toy, which appears to be mostly a 2 man operation has yet to release any actual action figures. At the beginning of this year they announced they were doing a line of figures they call "80's Commanders", which are essentially non-licensed Centurion figures. Centurions of course is another action figure line from the 80s. While they have been sharing production images for those figures on their Facebook page, again they have yet to release anything up until this point.

They have been taking direct pre-orders for the 80's Commanders figures which originally were going to be 7" figures but then were changed to 6". They listed the price for the 80's Commander figures at $89.90US each. Originally they were just taking orders for these figures via email as they didn't have a website, but it looks like they do now have one at RamenToy.com.

According to the live-stream they will be doing Quicksilver for SilverHawks which they showed a render for that you can see below. They say it will be a high-end figure and cost more than the Super7 Ultimates figures. It will not be based on the original cartoon but essentially their own stylized design. They will make it look as metallic as possible but likely won't use vac-metal or die-cast.

Ramen-Silverhawks-Concept.jpg

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Impressive!  But I thought the Ultimates was over priced so dont know about this one. We'll see.

I watched the Livestream and Ace mentioned that is going to be a premium price because these are going to be premium figures...😎✌️ I already pre-ordered all the 80s Commander's so this one will come next for me.

2 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Surprised they are licensing this out already.  I'm still waiting to see how the paint looks from the S7 ones.  The render looks great but I can barely justify S7 prices as it is.

Ramen Toys version are going to be premium prices (More than Super 7) so I'm guessing you are already out of the game for Silverhawks...

I hope Ramen's business model is a hell a lot better than Super7 cuz I've all but lost faith in their capability to even fill the orders they already have, much less the tons of new stuff they've been rolling out lately. I've actually cancelled any and all pending orders with them. Blame the plague if you want, but that's just a little more BS they can throw at the problem.

• 4 months later...

Back in September we told you how overseas company Ramen Toy had obtained a license from Super7 in order to start producing their own 1/12 scale figures based on the classic 80s SilverHawks property. A property which is now currently owned by Super7. The first figure Ramen is doing is QuickSilver. This week Ramen Toy released images for their QuickSilver figure along with pre-order details. The figure is said to stand about 6.8" tall and will include the following:

-PVC And ABS Construction
-25 points of articulation
-Magnetic Attachment/Interchangeable Face And Mask
-Detailed Sculpted Head And Body
-Interchangeable Wing Parts
-Tallyhawk with interchangeable wings
-3 sets of option hand parts
-Collector's Window Box Packaging

The SRP is 99.95 USD and the figure is said to be available in April 2022.

Pre-Orders for the figure are said to open on January 24. Ramen Toy is offering a limited-time early bird price of $65 on the figure for those who pre-order it directly through them. I believe they do require you to pay up front to take advantage of the early bird price unless you were a previous customer for 80's Commander line.

I've done some checking and it looks like because this is an officially licensed figure some US etailers like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com will end up offering this figure for sale here in the US. I don't have any specific details yet like price or when exactly it will be listed. I would assume places will have to sell it at the full SRP of $99.95, but I can't say for sure. When those details become available I will be sure to pass it on to you all.

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-01.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-02.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-03.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-04.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-05.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-06.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-07.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-08.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-09.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-10.jpg

Ramen-Toy-Silver-Hawks-11.jpg

• Thanks 1

I already backed all these figures  this morning as early birds, $15 for each of them to back them up... The rest would have to be paid when they tell me to do so... I have the first 3 80s Commanders and I'm very pleased with them.😀✌️

13 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I already backed all these figures  this morning as early birds, $15 for each of them to back them up... The rest would have to be paid when they tell me to do so... I have the first 3 80s Commanders and I'm very pleased with them.😀✌️

I didnt know they were out. How do they compare size-wize with GI joe classified or Marvel legends?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, IronWill72 said:

So mistake by Super7 I'd say because I will get this and if I get it before Super7 and it's like this in person I'd probably cancel my 7 pre-orders and definitely if they ship on schedule.  Looks amazing and how I would want my Silverhawks to look!

Not really. Super7 makes money from both as the license holder. Thats what being officially licensed means, Ramen pays Super7 to be allowed to make this. Also, while Super7 ain't cheap, paying $100 + shipping for one 6" figure is a whole new level of crazy expensive, so my guess many will pass for that reason.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayC said:

Not really. Super7 makes money from both as the license holder. Thats what being officially licensed means, Ramen pays Super7 to be allowed to make this. Also, while Super7 ain't cheap, paying $100 + shipping for one 6" figure is a whole new level of crazy expensive, so my guess many will pass for that reason.

$65 early bird isn't much more than $55 for Super7.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

I thought pre-orders weren't open yet?

I replied to the email I sent them originally to order the first 80s Commanders...💡 That's the way I been communicating with them all this time. 👍

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 5:30 PM, JayC said:

Pre-Orders for the figure are said to open on January 24. Ramen Toy is offering a limited-time early bird price of $65 on the figure for those who pre-order it directly through them. I believe they do require you to pay up front to take advantage of the early bird price unless you were a previous customer for 80's Commander line.
 you all.

"early bird" price on Silverhawks

😛;) 

• Thanks 1