The Flash: 'Armageddon' 5-Part Season 8 Launch Event

Outsiders

The CW is looking to have The Flash kick off Season 8 with a five-part special event, 'Armageddon.'

The special event begins on November 16th and will include numerous guest appearances from past and present superhero series on the network.  Set to join The Flash team is Javicia Leslie as Batwoman, Brandon Routh as The Atom, Cress Williams as Black Lightning, Chyler Leigh as Sentinel, Kat McNamara as Mia Queen, and Osric Chau as Ryan Choi. Tom Cavanagh and Neal McDonough will return as enemies Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash and Damien Darhk, respectively.

In 'Armageddon,' a powerful alien threat arrives on Earth under mysterious circumstances, and Barry (Grant Gustin), Iris (Candice Patton), and the rest of Team Flash are pushed to their limits in a desperate battle to save the world. But with time running out, and the fate of humanity at stake, Flash and his companions will also need to enlist the help of some old friends if the forces of good are to prevail.

“The idea for The Flash is, [showrunner] Eric Wallace and [executive producer] Greg [Berlanti] have come together and are talking about other superheroes from the CW-verse who will come together in each individual episode,” CW chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz said. “It will not quite be a crossover but will have a crossover-type feel and the introduction of all these characters.”

On Wednesday, The Flash executive producer Eric Wallace added the following:

“Simply put, these are going to be some of the most emotional Flash episodes ever. Plus, there are some truly epic moments and huge surprises that await our fans. And we’re doing them on a scale that’s bigger and bolder than our traditional Flash episodes. So yes, “Armageddon” is a lot more than just another graphic novel storyline. It’s going to be a true event for Flash and Arrowverse fans, old and new. Honestly, I can’t wait for audiences to see what we’ve got planned.”

Source: Deadline

Hm, reminds me of something a TV critic once said about the 90s revival of 70's/early 80s sitcom WKRP in Cincinatti.

"It's like a high school reunion where only the people you DIDN'T like show up."

Not that I dislike any of these people, but you gotta admit, it's not really an Arrowverse A-list, is it?

11 hours ago, mako said:

Hm, reminds me of something a TV critic once said about the 90s revival of 70's/early 80s sitcom WKRP in Cincinatti.

"It's like a high school reunion where only the people you DIDN'T like show up."

Not that I dislike any of these people, but you gotta admit, it's not really an Arrowverse A-list, is it?

It's more along the lines of ...who do we have left from shows still on the air?

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, JayC said:

Why the hell isn't Superman in this?

Don't quote me on this but I believe the network/producers said before that they wanted to keep Superman in his own world.  They didn't want Superman hanging out in the same worlds as The Flash or Batwoman.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:34 PM, Outsiders said:

It's more along the lines of ...who do we have left from shows still on the air?

haha with the exception of Batwoman all those other people are no longer on any show

When the Superman show came on they hardly ever mentioned any of the others. I was surprised Diggle showed up at all.

Remember they were whining about crossovers being too hard to do after their last one.

13 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Don't quote me on this but I believe the network/producers said before that they wanted to keep Superman in his own world.  They didn't want Superman hanging out in the same worlds as The Flash or Batwoman.

That was a creative decision for Superman's show. Remember, it's been well established that A Superman does still exist in the Arrowverse, so the question is still valid.

Frankly, having seen most of these shows, I'm pretty happy keeping Superman and Lois, and Stargirl, well away from them.