New AEW Unrivaled Collection CM Punk Figure From Jazwares?

JayC

The wrestling world was rocked late last week with the new that former WWE superstar CM Punk had joined the roster of AEW. Among those where excited for this news was Jazwares' Jeremy Padawer who is even talking about fast tracking a figure of him for their AEW action figure line.

I don't think it's a question of IF there will be a Jazwares AEW CM Punk figure but more like when?

AEW-CMPunk.jpg

• Thanks 1

Working in the film industry I’ve met Punk a couple of times in recent years and I was in the room at SDCC that year they did the angle with Punk and Triple H during the Mattel panel but I fell out of watching wrestling right around the time Punk was first coming to WWE so I never watched any of that era while it was happening.  But having since gone back and looked at some of his past highlights and seeing his return promo on AEW last week  I’m feeling compelled to start paying attention again.  Not sure if it will be enough to get me to watch entire shows on a regular basis but it does have me thinking I should possibly get a CM Punk figure for my collection despite the fact that I normally only collect legends (pre 2006) and only have 3 figures in my entire collection of guys that came around later.  

• Thanks 1

It makes sense for them to fast track this based on the pop that he got when he came back. Plus from what I heard his shirt broke a record for sales in 24 hours so it seems a no brainer to get this done as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1

CM Punk is just one of those tough talents that is a hard nut to crack. He's a hard worker and a hellova performer when his head is in it but once he becomes unhappy and feels he's being pushed aside he becomes a really polarizing malcontent. Everyone wants to be a star and he's a bonafide, but he doesn't understand the concept of occasionally having to step out of the spotlight for the good of a storyline or to help build other talent for a future where he's no longer there. This is gonna be a massive learning experience for AEW. 

On the figure, if I can locate this one I'll be sure to get it, but these are hard puppies to track down. Jazwares' figures are head and shoulders above Mattel's. Side by side there really is no argument. Where Mattel's are just a cookie cutter of the same 8 or so sculpts, almost all of these AEW figures are unique. Not that there's anything wrong with reusing sculpts when appropriate but it's rare to see a toy company put that much effort into a product and I hope they continue to force the Big Guys to up their game. Of course, this probably just means Hasbro will lowball them when the next AEW bid comes up and snatch up the license so they can run off their momentum like they did with Fortnite.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jazwares today announced new AWE figures during the AEW Fan Fest event.

Here is a breakdown of the highlights thet were revealed.

Unmatched Series 3 - LJN Darby Allin, Brodie Lee, Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, Anna Jay, and John Silver

Unmatched Series 4 - Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, Jade Cargill, Chris Jericho, MJF, and Hangman Page

Bloody Britt Baker headsculpt Ringside exclusive

Unrivaled Series 8 - Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Trent, Kris Statlander, Jericho, and Moxley

Unrivaled Series 9 - Thunder Rosa, Eddie Kingston, Christian Cage, Powerhouse Hobbs, Ricky Starks, and Brian Cage

Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match Kenny Omega & Jon Moxley Ringside exclusives

AEW-04.jpg

AEW-05.jpg

AEW-06.jpg

AEW-07.jpg

AEW-08.jpg

AEW-09.jpg

AEW-10.jpg

AEW-11.jpg

AEW-15.jpg

AEW-16.jpg

AEW-17.jpg

AEW-18.jpg

AEW-19.jpg

AEW-20.jpg

AEW-21.jpg

AEW-22.jpg

AEW-23.jpg

AEW-24.jpg

AEW-25.jpg

AEW-26.jpg

AEW-27.jpg

AEW-28.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, AvengerK2 said:

AEW is the best wrestling right now. This is the only line of wrestling figures that I  monitor and buy. I only pick up WWE for custom fodder. 

Agreed, though I've been getting some of the WWE Ultimate line as well.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, AvengerK2 said:

LordVenger just like the WWE ones they can be hit or miss.  My Moxley and Jericho figures are great head sculpts better than their Mattel versions. My Kenny Omega is good not great.  The bodies I think are much better than Mattels. 

Cool. Just curious to hear from someone who has them in hand. Thanks.