Mattel Teases Street Sharks

JayC

On 8/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, JayC said:

Before they became our favorite animated man-sharks from the '90s, the Street Sharks started as sketches. Some of the sketches eventually morphed into the toothy crime fighters we know and love, and some never saw the light of day. Until now. Our designers dug through the archives to give three original concepts of Clambo, Karkass, and Ripster their time in the water.

Ripster - The lead shark, originally imagined as the lead jock and named "Ripley", wears cleats, a helmet, and sunglasses. His weapon of choice? A football missile perfect for jawesome power passes.

Karkass Long before he became "piranhoid," Karkass had evil in his gills. Featuring a piranha’s toothy grin and removable fish fists, this nemesis is casually dressed in sneakers and a track jacket.

Clambo - This half-man, half-mollusk is armed to the teeth and all villain. He features a camo shell, multiple blasters, and a biting sneer.

Each figure will cost $75 each and be available for pre-order on August 27th at noon ET on the MattelCreations website.

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 0.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 1.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 2.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 3.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 5.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 6.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 7.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 8.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 9.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks 10.jpg

MattelCreations-Street-Sharks.jpg

Looks awesome but not what I was expecting. But this def screams 90s to me.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Batfreak87 said:

Looks awesome but not what I was expecting. But this def screams 90s to me.

Certainly the colors... I think I will shoot for the Gold Fish gym dude when they open the preorder.😀✌️💪

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As revealed by comicbook.com, Mattel will release a new retro toy line aimed at adult collectors. Based on the half-shark, half-man crime-fighters who kick serious fin featuring the mutated Bolton brothers Ripster, Streex, Jab, and Big Slammu.. The made-for-order collectible figures will be available in time for the Street Sharks 30th anniversary in 2024 on MattelCreations.com.

Street.Sharks.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, toynewman said:

As revealed by comicbook.com, Mattel will release a new retro toy line aimed at adult collectors. Based on the half-shark, half-man crime-fighters who kick serious fin featuring the mutated Bolton brothers Ripster, Streex, Jab, and Big Slammu.. The made-for-order collectible figures will be available in time for the Street Sharks 30th anniversary in 2024 on MattelCreations.com.

Street.Sharks.jpg

So this is really happening?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NightWolf said:

dont like the design much, ill wait till they comeout to make my final decision

They're from MattelCreations, so unless you go the eBay route you won't have that option

As for the toys themselves,  I dig em. I like how Mattel does the retro look but with modern sculpts and articulation. Not everything needs to be hyper realistic. Toys can be fun too 😜

• 7 months later...

Half shark, half man, fighting evil, that’s the plan for these fin-tastic Street Sharks action figures! Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic animated TV show with jawsome new action figures. Mattel Street Sharks 30th Anniversary Figures pre-orders being on March 15th with a suggested retail price of $24.99 each.

A quote from Mattel Brand Manger Steve Ozer, so sit tight these look to have more then just Walmart:

Street Sharks are back to celebrate their 30th anniv with all new revamped vintage style figures!

Pre-order wave 1 starting this Fri 3/15 at your favorite toy retailers and tune into Mattel Creations Revealed on Thurs 3/21 for even more info on this exciting line!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4dfDAzrS4E/

Street.Sharks.01.jpg

Street.Sharks.02.jpg

Street.Sharks.03.jpg

Street.Sharks.04.jpg

Street.Sharks.05.jpg

Street.Sharks.06.jpg

Street.Sharks.07.jpg

Street.Sharks.08.jpg

Street.Sharks.09.jpg

Street.Sharks.10.jpg

Street.Sharks.11.jpg

Street.Sharks.12.jpg

Street.Sharks.13.jpg

Street.Sharks.14.jpg

• Thanks 2

Waiit what, so are these not just re-releases of the 90's figures? and actually updated? ohhh well I want these, better not be 75 dollars again, because that's just insanity.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, toynewman said:

Half shark, half man, fighting evil, that’s the plan for these fin-tastic Street Sharks action figures! Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic animated TV show with jawsome new action figures. Mattel Street Sharks 30th Anniversary Figures pre-orders being on March 15th at 10am ET for the Walmart Collector Con with a suggested retail price of $24.99 each.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4dfDAzrS4E/

Street.Sharks.01.jpg

Street.Sharks.02.jpg

Street.Sharks.03.jpg

Street.Sharks.04.jpg

Street.Sharks.05.jpg

Street.Sharks.06.jpg

Street.Sharks.07.jpg

Street.Sharks.08.jpg

Street.Sharks.09.jpg

Street.Sharks.10.jpg

Jawsome. I always liked the vintage Dr. Pirahna.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Waiit what, so are these not just re-releases of the 90's figures? and actually updated? ohhh well I want these, better not be 75 dollars again, because that's just insanity.

Story updated with info I came accross

• Thanks 1

I think at $25 it's a great price for the size of the figures plus now more articulated? Nice... I will probably get on board with them... I  like this cartoon a lot and currently streaming in Tubi free streaming service... This is Jawsome.😀👍💡🦈

• Like 1