New 6" Street Humans Action Figures Coming From The Mind Of ShartimusPrime

JayC

Youtuber and action figure toy reviewer ShartimusPrime is branching out into the world of making action figures with a new 6" line called Street Humans. The plan is to initially release 4 figures with the possibly of 2 additional unlockable figures through a Kickstarter campaign he will be launching in September. The figures are based on a concept of alien shapeshifters who come to Earth disguised as street thugs. These figures will be highly articulated and feature lots of interchangeable parts making them great for customization and doing toy photographers with. The figures are 6.5" which should make them in scale well with other lines like Marvel Legends. Look for more details to be released in the coming weeks, but for now you can check out these videos for more details.

Street-Humans-00.jpg

Street-Humans-01.jpg

Street-Humans-02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The bat monster head looks great, but the rest of the figure is just a random guy I don't think I get what's the whole deal of this project.

The alien is one aspect but I also think the street thug aspect is for those looking  for background characters for toy photography or thug like foe characters for people like Spider-Man or Daredevil to fight.

• Thanks 1

The bat monster head is awesome, loving the idea that these are cool monster people figures, as well as civilian figures for the 6'' displays, Shart has something here, they hold more then one use. I would probably back this just based on the cool monster stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The bat monster head looks great, but the rest of the figure is just a random guy I don't think I get what's the whole deal of this project.

Like someone else said, I think the whole point of this line is to create background characters (street thugs) for your action-figure displays/photography.  I'm actually more intrigued by the "random guy" features and interchangeable heads, body display options than the alien monsters.  

• Thanks 1

I like the idea of basically an army builder line of goons that have multiple functions. If he ends up charging a reasonable price if its successful, I will possibly bite. But for now, I will just be a lurker watching it as it goes. 

• Thanks 1

Hmmmm....

Interesting....

This is what a "Men In Black"  fig should/could have been...

They could have called them....... MIB  "illegal Humans"=^)

I'll do the "Donee thing" for Shartimus project....

He's a cool dude.....

Got to help a "Cool" dude.....

You know? ;^)

• Thanks 1

I’m not the target audience for this as I don’t do action figure photography so it is not something I’m going to be interested in purchasing but I am curious to see how it does and how it develops.  

It seems like a particularly tough venture given the numerous lines already out there in both the retail market and the direct market and the fact that prices are rising quickly and rapidly for both.  
That price point is going to be key.  Will people  pay double or triple the cost to have an unnamed background character compared to a beloved foreground character?

Another big factor is are they going to be fairly limited in terms of what lines these can go with.  I feel like this sample was made with Marvel Legends in mind and would work well for those interested in using him with those figures but with other toy lines he wouldn’t blend in as well.  Star Wars, MOTU, Thundercats, SilverHawks, Mythic Legions, etc are fantasy worlds where the same figure wouldn’t fit in.  GI Joe doesn’t need background characters as that’s what troop builders are for.  WWE’/AEW you’d need hundreds of unique background to fill the audience, or you’d need very specific looks like referee or security. DC and large portions of NECA and Diamond are in a slightly larger scale.  Transformers are obviously way out of scale.  Mezco One:12 are aesthetically different to where this doesn’t feel like it would blend in.  It could maybe work with the movie TMNT line but  even then the style is slightly off and foot soldiers are already out there as a background character choice.  Animated Turtles the aesthetics are way off.  I’m not a Power Rangers person so maybe this would work with them but it also seems like given their bright color palette you’d want something more fitting to that Power Ranger aesthetic.  So it really seems like Marvel Legends is the primary line this is intended to work with.  That’s not bad but is it a wide enough net given that only a very small percentage of collectors of that line would be interested and then depending on price point even a smaller percentage will be able to work it into their budget on top of everything else.  

Time will tell but I wish them luck and will be curious to see how it goes.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JayC said:

The alien is one aspect but I also think the street thug aspect is for those looking  for background characters for toy photography or thug like foe characters for people like Spider-Man or Daredevil to fight.

Any idea of a price point on these Jay?

• Thanks 1

That's true, what will the price point be on them? I hope an average of 19.99-24.99 for each. I'm not sure if I am interested but this looks cool, I love the idea and the music he has in his vids here. Glad to see him branch out. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 6:26 PM, JayC said:

Interesting. Any reason why these ET creatures would choose to come to earth to disguise themselves as human earth thugs? lol. I wonder if Shart will go into more detail on that idea..or expand. It does have me curious. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Toysick said:

This teaser is terrible. 

Hahahaha..

Anyone else see how wrong this looks on a social scale.

Dont get me wrong the figure looks good (digital protos)

Great for army builder. Or random background extras

But the 1st teaser was poorly thought out.

At least go with the one that looks like the creator. 

Good luck to him though. I hope for his success..seems like a nice guy.

Social scale? What are you talking about?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Maybe because the character is black and it would not seem correct to portray a black person specifically as a street criminal, but I suppose there will be characters of different ethnic groups.

Every character in Street Humans is from a different ethnic group. And Shartimus said this guy is the protagonist. I don't think he's supposed to be a criminal.

• 1 month later...
ShartimusPrime has just announced the Kickstarter launch date for his new line of 6" action figures called Street Humans. The campaign will begin on October 7th, and the price per figure will be $34.99 on Kickstarter. If the project is successfully backed and the figures make it to retail then each figure will cost $39.99. The campaign will go for 45 days and end on November 20th. Check out this video for more details.

00-Street-Humans.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:41 AM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Maybe because the character is black and it would not seem correct to portray a black person specifically as a street criminal, but I suppose there will be characters of different ethnic groups.

We just need a pimp and some hookeers to match this line...😜✌️

On 8/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, Batfreak87 said:

That's true, what will the price point be on them? I hope an average of 19.99-24.99 for each. I'm not sure if I am interested but this looks cool, I love the idea and the music he has in his vids here. Glad to see him branch out. 

My guess it's minimum 40-60 without shipping, I can't see kickstarter figure of this scale being cheaper or close to ML price point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats a big pass for me dawg.. $35 for essentially army builders is way too high. Good luck on the KS, I hope it succeeds. I thought it was wild that fwoosh charged $40 for their ninjas, and after getting them at their much more respected sale price, that was soooo much for what you got. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Thats a big pass for me dawg.. $35 for essentially army builders is way too high. Good luck on the KS, I hope it succeeds. I thought it was wild that fwoosh charged $40 for their ninjas, and after getting them at their much more respected sale price, that was soooo much for what you got. 

I’m with you.  $35 is too high. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

$40 for a non-mass-produced 6" articulated action figure is pretty standard. I'm surprised he was able to get them down to $35 for the Kickstarter. I understand not wanting or even willing to pay that much for a 6" figure but I think based on the market that's a more than fair price for what your getting.

Fwoosh may have had to eat it or basically break even on those ones they sold during their sale and may have done it just to clear out unsold merchandise. I don't think any of these guys make huge amounts of money from these things. From everything I've heard these guys are lucky if they break even and the hassles of having to deal with those factories as a small independent action figure maker is a nightmare.

I actually think he is kind of crazy for taking this on, but I wish him the best of luck and hope it works out for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1