The Jost Brothers To Write New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie' For Paramount

Outsiders

Emmy-nominated Saturday Night Live writer Colin Jost and his brother Casey have been tapped to co-write a new untitled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film for Paramount Pictures.

Plot details are being kept quiet except it will be live-action and involves the turtles in a half-shell.  Michael Bay, Andrew Form, Brad Fuller, Scott Mednick, and Galen Walker are on as producers.

Paramount is looking at this movie as a high priority especially after Nickelodeon announced it was relaunching the animated movie with Seth Rogen exec producing for 2023.

Source: Deadline

Colin_Casey_Jost.jpg

• Like 1

Oh another reboot, great great, I have such a awful taste in my mouth from the last one, I'm almost scared that they are going to try again, because I pretty much have zero faith it will be anything worth looking at, it's not hard to make a ninja turtles movie...case in point the 1990's movie, so why since then has everything just gone more down hill with every film.

Yeah, Im curious to see what comes of this but my hopes and anticipation is so low. The excitement for anything tmnt is so small anymore, i find myself just enjoying most of the older tmnt things pre 2016 i think.. so like after the first nickelodeon cg show and before the bay turtles, thats when things started to stink like $#!t in the sewer. 

3 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Yeah, Im curious to see what comes of this but my hopes and anticipation is so low. The excitement for anything tmnt is so small anymore, i find myself just enjoying most of the older tmnt things pre 2016 i think.. so like after the first nickelodeon cg show and before the bay turtles, thats when things started to stink like $#!t in the sewer. 

Have, do, and will always love the 90s movies, and the Red Sky episodes of the CBS run of the original cartoon. Everything else either sucked wind upfront, I just outgrew, or got burnt out on.

For anything new, I'm like you, hopeful, but don't expect much (SETH ROGEN!?!)

1 minute ago, mako said:

Have, do, and will always love the 90s movies, and the Red Sky episodes of the CBS run of the original cartoon. Everything else either sucked wind upfront, I just outgrew, or got burnt out on.

For anything new, I'm like you, hopeful, but don't expect much (SETH ROGEN!?!)

What was the red sky episodes? im unfamiliar with that? Also I really enjoyed that cg nick cartoon. Sure it was kiddish and alittle awkward but it had the heart of all the characters in it. I didnt always like their designs but it was a fun little show. But that new nick show is atrocious... and I dont really know anyone that loves the turtles that enjoyed any of the bay movies. Also hell to the yeah, the 90s first 2 movies will always be MY turtles and I dont think they will ever look bad in my eyes. Just pure perfection.. outside of some eyes coming out of the turtles mouths. 

9 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

What was the red sky episodes?

The Red Sky episodes came right after the original series. It was the last three seasons and the sky was constantly portrayed as red, instead of the usual blue, complementing the overall darker tone. The Technodrome is now in Dimension X, while Krang, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady are stranded on Earth.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

What was the red sky episodes? im unfamiliar with that? 

Basically, after CBS acquired exclusive rites to air new episodes of the original series, they decided to make it the center-piece of their fledgling action cartoon block, The Action Zone. As such, they did a soft-overhaul of the series for seasons 8-10, toning down the comedy, removing the shows patented fourth-wall breaking, and altering the design of the Turtles and April to closer resemble their counterparts from the then current live-action movie series. Clips of the Turtles and Shredder from the first movie were even included in the opening sequence of the show.

As a further concession to action cartoons of the period a darker palette was used for backgrounds, ala Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles, which included the skies being portrayed in a dark red color, day or night. Hence, this period of the series became known as the "Red Sky Episodes."

On the downside, Carter, a "hip" young super-genius (groan) who transforms into a super-powered mutant ala the Hulk was added to the last two seasons as a regular, all but replacing April as the Turtles connection to the human world. To say he was not a welcome addition by the fans is kind of an understatement.

After Season 8, Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop were pretty much written out of the show to be replaced by would-be world conqueror Lord Dregg. There was another attempt at a new "Big-Bad" with the introduction of Titanus, but after a couple episodes he was written out as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mako said:

Basically, after CBS acquired exclusive rites to air new episodes of the original series, they decided to make it the center-piece of their fledgling action cartoon block, The Action Zone. As such, they did a soft-overhaul of the series for seasons 8-10, toning down the comedy, removing the shows patented fourth-wall breaking, and altering the design of the Turtles and April to closer resemble their counterparts from the then current live-action movie series. Clips of the Turtles and Shredder from the first movie were even included in the opening sequence of the show.

As a further concession to action cartoons of the period a darker palette was used for backgrounds, ala Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles, which included the skies being portrayed in a dark red color, day or night. Hence, this period of the series became known as the "Red Sky Episodes."

On the downside, Carter, a "hip" young super-genius (groan) who transforms into a super-powered mutant ala the Hulk was added to the last two seasons as a regular, all but replacing April as the Turtles connection to the human world. To say he was not a welcome addition by the fans is kind of an understatement.

After Season 8, Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop were pretty much written out of the show to be replaced by would-be world conqueror Lord Dregg. There was another attempt at a new "Big-Bad" with the introduction of Titanus, but after a couple episodes he was written out as well.

Oh wow, when you mention carter and his transformation, I remember that as a kid and was not a fan of it. It just felt weird because I remember the turtles had these extra super mutations too which was just stupid. Its funny, your intro of the episodes I was like whoa! I need to watch these now, but after talking about carter and Dregg, I remember them and hated those episodes so much when I was younger.