McFarlane Toys Store Coming Soon With Exclusive

JayC

Every toy company seems to have their own direct store these days and it looks like McFarlane Toys will soon be joining the club. Today Todd McFarlane teased this images with a link to Mcfarlanetoysstore.com. When you click on the link it takes you to a page with a countdown clock, which as I type this is has just over 6 days left on it. Based on the sticker Todd posted I think it's safe to assume they will be launching the site with at least one exclusive, perhaps another Spawn figure???

When more details become available we will pass them on to you.

McFarlaneToys-Store.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

welp, we'll see what normal retail stuff and store exclusives we'll see... agh, didn't like to say the last part but it can be possible

• Thanks 1

The problem with these smaller stores is that since they aren’t dealing in large quantities there’s no free shipping the way there are with the bigger and broader e-tailers.  Thus shipping ends up really adding to the expense of the figures especially when it’s a limit time release or a preorder that can’t be combined for shipping with other items you might want.  All that extra shipping adds up and can almost double the cost of a figure.  

• Thanks 1

I see your 

4 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

The problem with these smaller stores is that since they aren’t dealing in large quantities there’s no free shipping the way there are with the bigger and broader e-tailers.  Thus shipping ends up really adding to the expense of the figures especially when it’s a limit time release or a preorder that can’t be combined for shipping with other items you might want.  All that extra shipping adds up and can almost double the cost of a figure.  

I see your point but it still beats having to buy it off eBay for double the price and then still have to pay shipping making it essentially triple. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LordVenger said:

I see your 

I see your point but it still beats having to buy it off eBay for double the price and then still have to pay shipping making it essentially triple. 

True but at least for me prior to the pandemic I was generally able to get most figures for retail or less and would only on very rare occasionally end up needing to buy a modern figure from a 3rd party booth at a convention And there I can usually negotiate that booth price down to only $5 to $10 over retail.  Never have I bought a modern figure on eBay outside of maybe something super limited like a Joe Con exclusive where I couldn’t attend.  And I’m a completist with dozens and dozens of modern lines.  

But suddenly just in time for the pandemic all that has changed and now I’m paying an extra $15 for every NECA Turtles set and an extra $50 to pulse, etc, etc.  While it still sucks Pulse at least is a 1 time fee that covers dozens and dozens of shipments through out the year, but with NECA for example I’ve easily ended up paying close to $200 in shipping fees for their Ninja Turtles.  That’s an extra $200 in just shipping fees for only 1 toyline from 1 company.  Rather than having every small company follow this same model and put this extra financial burden on their customers, how about not limiting distribution through these hand shake restrictions.  Instead of only selling things via your own website make them available through other websites too like bbts where you might have better shipping options.  Limiting distribution to only 1 outlet be it 1 retailer or 1 website is the problem.    I’m concerned about more and more companies thinking doubling down on this is the solution

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

True but at least for me prior to the pandemic I was generally able to get most figures for retail or less and would only on very rare occasionally end up needing to buy a modern figure from a 3rd party booth at a convention And there I can usually negotiate that booth price down to only $5 to $10 over retail.  Never have I bought a modern figure on eBay outside of maybe something super limited like a Joe Con exclusive where I couldn’t attend.  And I’m a completist with dozens and dozens of modern lines.  

But suddenly just in time for the pandemic all that has changed and now I’m paying an extra $15 for every NECA Turtles set and an extra $50 to pulse, etc, etc.  While it still sucks Pulse at least is a 1 time fee that covers dozens and dozens of shipments through out the year, but with NECA for example I’ve easily ended up paying close to $200 in shipping fees for their Ninja Turtles.  That’s an extra $200 in just shipping fees for only 1 toyline from 1 company.  Rather than having every small company follow this same model and put this extra financial burden on their customers, how about not limiting distribution through these hand shake restrictions.  Instead of only selling things via your own website make them available through other websites too like bbts where you might have better shipping options.  Limiting distribution to only 1 outlet be it 1 retailer or 1 website is the problem.    I’m concerned about more and more companies thinking doubling down on this is the solution

Well you have been more fortunate than me. Wish I hadn’t needed to resort to eBay several times. But on the bright side maybe all the cons and comic/toy shows will be coming back sooner rather than later. 
I agree distribution has been a big problem for most lines but unfortunately I don’t think the companies give a crap about it. 

• Thanks 1