Masters Of The Universe Revelation Masterverse Wave 2 Images

JayC

On 7/31/2021 at 7:21 AM, Satam said:

Tiffany Smith really surprised me with how genuinely good her voice acting was. She wasn't as good as Mark Hamill or Lena Headey (no one else on the cast really was, save maybe Kevin Conroy and Alan Oppenheimer), but she was better than Sarah Michelle Gellar. Way better. Basically what I'm saying is that Sarah Michelle Gellar's voice acting was really wooden, and someone else should have voiced Teela.

As far as the figures go, I'll just keep waiting for Stinkor.

I thought I was the only one. Most people seem to hate that it's the "Teela show" but I didn't like her because I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar's voice didn't fit. Everyone else was pretty good though. Was surprised at Griffen Newman's Orco and loved Lena Headey as Evil Lyn and Ser Davos as Man at arms.

• Thanks 1

Coming in as a 200x fan I was semi excited for this....and I was pleased with it.  I get some people's beef but the title really does let people know what it is Master of the Universe (not He-Man and the Masters of the Universe).  It kinda is more about everyone else...maybe S2 will have He-man more but S1 did a good job letting others shine.  Teela was depicted realistically....someone mad at being lied to.

People who are generally mad about these things...were gonna be mad regardless. I just wish some folks looked at things from a different view than what they get fixated on

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

As you please, but I insist, they better add classic incarnations of the characters to the line as soon as possible and not just the versions of Revelations if they want Masterverse to have acceptable sales..

From what I see Revelations is/ will show most if not all MOTU characters and that means Masterverse will follow that same line...😀 I will get Beast Man when they release the classic version of him that was already showed in the first episode.😎

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

As you please, but I insist, they better add classic incarnations of the characters to the line as soon as possible and not just the versions of Revelations if they want Masterverse to have acceptable sales..

I think Revelation figs will do fine sale wise...and Mattel is being smart with keeping the classics going so it's a win/win.  Folks moved on though and the updates make sense....

I'm looking at some of these (especially Man At Arms) as potential custom fodder for the Mythic Legion figs/Classic Dekker I have.

If Mattel keeps both going everyone should be happy.

Plus there is the other MOTU line that's coming

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raziel_Crow said:

Wondering why it is always so hard for mattel to nail character likeness in their sculpts.  Is it on purpose? 

I mean, they are not awful, but not good either. 

Mattel might not have license to create exact likenesses of the characters as they appear on Netflix's Revelation, so it probably opted for more generic, 100% Mattel owned character model designs. It's primarily the head sculpts and facial designs which could potentially be a legal issue. I don't see this line lasting past the three waves and special deluxe figures which are coming. I think it's a one-off just for the show.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GalenNycroft said:

Mattel might not have license to create exact likenesses of the characters as they appear on Netflix's Revelation, so it probably opted for more generic, 100% Mattel owned character model designs. It's primarily the head sculpts and facial designs which could potentially be a legal issue. I don't see this line lasting past the three waves and special deluxe figures which are coming. I think it's a one-off just for the show.

They are Mattel owned. Mattel owns the license and essentially leases it to Netflix to make cartoons. They would never let them make cartoons if they couldn't make toys based on it. They're not nailing every likeness, because the best sculptors they had working for them are gone. There's no legal issue. It's a skills issue.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Satam said:

They are Mattel owned. Mattel owns the license and essentially leases it to Netflix to make cartoons. They would never let them make cartoons if they couldn't make toys based on it. They're not nailing every likeness, because the best sculptors they had working for them are gone. There's no legal issue. It's a skills issue.

Man, probably not only an issue of skills then.  Even if I don't know how to sculpt, if I were the sculptor's boss, product manager or whatever, I would never ever sign off this work.  It is mediocre!

Overall I like the line but it’s definitely a step or three down from Classics (except for Battle Cat who is a step up).  Spikor is a really strange choice for Wave 2 unless he plays a bigger role in the second half of season 1.  

Andra needs to be in Wave 3 seeing as that’s a character we’ve never gotten before in any line.  Orko, Tri-Klops, and Roboto would make the most sense to fill out the rest of that wave.  

It’s hard to judge as obviously wave 1 is just hitting retail but I feel like we’re probably not going to get much farther than 3 or 4 waves for this particular line without there being more media tie-in for retail to get excited about than the 10 planned for season 1.  I’d like to see it go longer, I’m just doubtful.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shown below via Ironken 3000 are in-hand images for Mattel's second wave of Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse figures which includes Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman and Spikor. You can purchase these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. You can also check out these reviews of the figures done by Ironken.

00-MOTU-Masterverse.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-06.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-06.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-07.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-06.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-07.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-08.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-09.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-06.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Shown below via Ironken 3000 are in-hand images for Mattel's second wave of Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse figures which includes Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman and Spikor. You can purchase these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. You can also check out these reviews of the figures done by Ironken.

00-MOTU-Masterverse.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Beastman-06.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-06.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Man-At-Arms-07.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-06.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-07.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-08.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Spikor-09.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-01.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-02.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-03.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-04.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-05.jpg

MOTU-Masterverse-Wave-2-Teela-06.jpg

Not bad... I already saw the Spikor video since I'm subscribed to his channel... ✌️😀

I like the stop motion animation, we needed more of this type of action in the actual cartoon!

One thing I can't get over with this new line, is He-man's face in this figure, he looks like a teenager who's about to order a latte at Starbucks, not any projection of power or aggressiveness :(

On 7/24/2021 at 1:59 PM, JayC said:

Shown below are package images for the second wave of Mattel's Masters Of The Universe Revelation Masterverse figures which includes Teela, Man At Arms, Spikor and Beast Man. You can pre-order these now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

Masterverse-Wave-2-01__scaled_600.jpg

Masterverse-Wave-2-02__scaled_600.jpg

Masterverse-Wave-2-03__scaled_600.jpg

Masterverse-Wave-2-04__scaled_600.jpg

The man at arms figure is fantastic. The head is a great sculpt, and I like the asthetic of the armor. This might be the best figure of the line outside the recent reveals at power con

• Thanks 1