WWE Ultimate Edition New Generation Arena Crowd Sourcing Project Announced

JayC

Mattel is going to be offering a new crodsourcing project on their MattelCreations website for a new WWE Ultimate Edition New Generation Arena.

The set is said to contain Diesel, ring, and a light up entranceway. It will need 5k backers and will go live on 7/23 for $250. There will also be stretch goals. Here is the official description.

For the first time ever, we are bringing you the New Generation light up Neon Entrance! This entrance is one of the most iconic visuals in WWE history and is synonymous with some our most beloved memories of 90’s WWE. The entrance is huge and features fabric curtains as well as functioning lights with multiple light patterns to choose from.

We also have the new Ultimate Edition Scale ring which is the most realistically scaled and detailed action figure ring ever featuring fabric ring skirts, fabric turnbuckles, fabric mat, ring frame with unreal sculpted detail and a mat base with wooden planks sculpted detail! These details will bring your displays, play and action figure photography to life like never before!

This is rounded out by the leader of the New Generation, Ultimate Edition Big Daddy Cool Diesel! Diesel comes with a swappable head, swappable hands with molded glove detail and his entrance vest.

All this is just tier 1 which will be delivered with 5 thousand backers for just $250. We have even more tiers to announce during Friday’s Elite Squad panel that will unlock additional bonus items that’ll really excite you.

This is truly a passion project by long time fans for long time fans. With it’s success, who knows what the future can bring.

The crowdfunding campaign launches on 7/23 on MattelCreations.com.

Check back at Noon ET on MattelCreations for an unboxing video.

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring1.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring2.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring3.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Rin10.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring3.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring4.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring5.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring6.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring7.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring8.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring9.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring10.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring11.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring12.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring13.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring14.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring15.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring16.jpg

WWE-Ultimate-Edition-Ring18.jpg

• Thanks 1

The WWE Ultimate Edition New Generation Arena crowdsourcing project has launched on the Mattel Creations website.

The initial project includes the following:

-New Generation entrance stage complete with fabric curtains and 7 LED light modes

-The authentically scaled, Ultimate Edition ring featuring a plank base and fabric details

-Fully articulated, Ultimate Edition Diesel action figure with swappable heads and hands

It costs $250 and needs 5k backers for it to be fully funded. As I type this it has 764 Backers with 29 days left.

If the project gets 7k backers then they will include a Ultimate Edition Doink the Clown Figure who will have 3 headsculpts, 3 pairs of hands and a big mallet.

If the project gets 8k backers then they will include 2 additional Swappable Ringskirts (Wrestlemania and In Your House).

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-00.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-01.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-02.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-03.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-04.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-05.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-06.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-07.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-08.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-09.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-10.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-11.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-12.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-13.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-14.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-15.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-16.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-17.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-18.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-19.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-20.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-21.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-23.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-24.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-25.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-26.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-27.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-28.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-29.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-30.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-31.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-32.jpg

WWE-Ring-Crowdsource-33.jpg

• Thanks 1

Instead of Doink the Clown, they should have included Bob Backlund and letting Diesel power bombing and pinning him in less than 10 seconds to win the championship title.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Instead of Doink the Clown, they should have included Bob Backlund and letting Diesel power bombing and pinning him in less than 10 seconds to win the championship title.

It wasn't even 10 seconds. It was 8.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Satam said:

It wasn't even 10 seconds. It was 8.

I couldn't remember if Nash kicked him or not for the setup.

Yea... Checked YouTube and watched the video.  Kick, PB and pin.  Diesel defeats Bob Backlund for the WWE Championship in eight seconds

• Thanks 1

Have they given the measurements for this ring anywhere?  

I bought 5 “authentic scale rings” from ringside collectibles a couple of years ago and I kind of wanted to pick up a 6th but where I was going to put it the 6th wouldn’t quite fit.  I want to say those were about 23”x23”.  

if I knew rather or not I could get this new ring to fit or not that might help me decide rather or not to get it.  

Also for the alternate ring skirt does anyone know what year’s they used that specific WrestleMania ring skirt during?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Hah in a freaking night show so NOBODY  can see it... I remember that and I was like how he got the championship?😒

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I couldn't remember if Nash kicked him or not for the setup.

Yea... Checked YouTube and watched the video.  Kick, PB and pin.  Diesel defeats Bob Backlund for the WWE Championship in eight seconds

I thought it was a knee to the gut of Backlund and then jacknife...

8 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

Have they given the measurements for this ring anywhere?  

I bought 5 “authentic scale rings” from ringside collectibles a couple of years ago and I kind of wanted to pick up a 6th but where I was going to put it the 6th wouldn’t quite fit.  I want to say those were about 23”x23”.  

if I knew rather or not I could get this new ring to fit or not that might help me decide rather or not to get it.  

Also for the alternate ring skirt does anyone know what year’s they used that specific WrestleMania ring skirt during?  

It looks to me like the one for WrestleMania X😀✌️

Yoko vs Luger and Shawn vs Razor...

57 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I thought it was a knee to the gut of Backlund and then jacknife...

Yea, Nash kicked him, hit the jacknife powerbomb and the pin all in 8 seconds...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Yea, Nash kicked him, hit the jacknife powerbomb and the pin all in 8 seconds...

Yep, I remember getting the WWF Magazine with the news and I was like what happened, since beat in a kind of great match Bret Hart...😀

It’s absolutely over priced by a lot. There’s nothing about the ring and light up entrance that justifies even a fraction of the price.  And we know that the value of the figures at most only adds a $30 value (and even that is high).  

From a consumer point of view it would have made more sense if they’d priced it at $150.  At that price I think they could have blown past all their stretch goals quickly. Looking at the site a week in they are at only 18% and less than 1000 orders.  At that rate I’m not sure they are going to make it to the minimum (we all know the last week of a campaign is the best week but given that the first week is the second best week I don’t think there is enough momentum here).  

And they really didn’t help by not providing more details like the ring measurements etc.  I suspect they didn’t provide the measurements because in reality this ring is probably smaller than the Wicked Toys WWE real scale rings that were on the market just a couple of years ago and came with similar authentic skirts, ropes, etc.  I think those rings were probably less than $100 (not actually sure about that price but I know I bought 5 of them on sale for $40 each).  So having a smaller ring priced at $250 is probably a comparison they want to avoid.  The irony in my case is I do need an additional Mattel scale compatible ring but my shelf space was a couple of inches too short for me to fit the 6th wicked cool ring but if this one is in fact a couple of inches smaller then it might be perfect for me.  Of course I need them to reveal the measurements so I know for sure.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Satam said:

That's why they threw in Doink the Clown.

True but that only applies if they reach the 7K stretch goal (which seems unlikely).  So at this time you have to assume you are paying $250 and not getting Doink.  And even if you did have Doink thrown in we know he as a single item is only $30 which means as part of a bundle his added value should be calculated at a fraction of that. 

No way does that in any way approach the price they have come up with.  (And I’m saying this as someone that would consider buying it despite it being a big rip off if I only knew for sure it would fit on my designated shelf).  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

True but that only applies if they reach the 7K stretch goal (which seems unlikely).  So at this time you have to assume you are paying $250 and not getting Doink.  And even if you did have Doink thrown in we know he as a single item is only $30 which means as part of a bundle his added value should be calculated at a fraction of that. 

No way does that in any way approach the price they have come up with.  (And I’m saying this as someone that would consider buying it despite it being a big rip off if I only knew for sure it would fit on my designated shelf).  

You just need two Doik the clown and Crush to recreate WrestleMania IX at the Cesar Palace in Las Vegas Nevada.😎

25 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

I was joking. It's not worth the $250. Not even close.

• Like 1

Mattel is now offering an early bird exclusive add-on if you back their Mattel Creations WWE Ultimate Edition New Generation Arena crowdsourcing project.

The exclusive bonus for early backers features: A WWE Ultimate Edition “Macho Man” Randy Savage figure, capturing his role as commentator of Monday Night RAW. Figure includes WrestleMania X entrance gear and an additional hat with an integrated headset An additional announcer’s headset for co-commentators New Generation Announcer’s Table with soft goods tablecloth, two monitors, two microphones, and two blue folding chairs. Early Bird exclusively available until August 13, 2021 at 9pm.

The area costs $250 and as I type this has 1,460 of the minimum 5k needed for this project to be fully funded. For more information or if you want to back this you can CLICK HERE.

WWE-Macho-Man-Add-On.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Mattel is now offering an early bird exclusive add-on if you back their Mattel Creations WWE Ultimate Edition New Generation Arena crowdsourcing project.

The exclusive bonus for early backers features: A WWE Ultimate Edition “Macho Man” Randy Savage figure, capturing his role as commentator of Monday Night RAW. Figure includes WrestleMania X entrance gear and an additional hat with an integrated headset An additional announcer’s headset for co-commentators New Generation Announcer’s Table with soft goods tablecloth, two monitors, two microphones, and two blue folding chairs. Early Bird exclusively available until August 13, 2021 at 9pm.

The area costs $250 and as I type this has 1,460 of the minimum 5k needed for this project to be fully funded. For more information or if you want to back this you can CLICK HERE.

WWE-Macho-Man-Add-On.jpg

Oooo yeah... Macho Man! Dig it!😎✌️

This is by far the biggest attention getting “add on” in my mind and the fact they are just throwing it in rather than making it a stretch goal tells me they realize they mishandled the pricing making it so that the price for the items without the stretch goal items included is ridiculous thus they’d painted their way into a corner that made reaching the stretch goals unattainable (thus keeping the price extremely ridiculous thus keeping reaching the goal that would make the price less ridiculous unobtainable thus creating an endless loop).  

Here’s the thing though.... they’ve still messed this whole campaign up. Those extra ring skirts are $5 items.  Making those skirts stretch goal bait accomplishes nothing (particularly given that that goal seems unobtainable).  They should have just thrown those ring skirts in automatically.  By throwing those simple $5 items in automatically they could have guaranteed that there would have been at least a handful of collectors who would have bought 1 to 2 additional rings just to display the two additional skirts on them.  By not throwing in those $5 skirts automatically they probably lost out on a couple of dozen additional sales of $250 items.  So now those people that would have bought more than 1 ring for the extra skirts instead will only buy 1 because if there are no extra skirts there’s no point in those specific type of collectors buying multiple rings.  So now here’s the catch 22 Mattel has created:  without Macho Man and the announce table no way is the ring worth $250 to most collectors BUT also without the ring skirts for most collectors no way is it worth spending $750 to get 3 identical rings.  Thus since the ring skirts seem unobtainable there is no point in those collectors spending an extra $500 buying 2 additional rings.  BUT then if in the last days/hours suddenly it seems like “hey we might be able to reach the extra ring skirt goal” then suddenly those collectors would have wanted to buy additional rings BUT now those additional rings are no longer worth $250 because they no longer come with Macho Man and the announce table since by the time they realize the ring skirts are obtainable the Macho Man inclusion window has closed.  It’s a catch 22 created by a really unfortunate roll out plan meant to entice additional purchases but that instead ends up discouraging additional purchases.  

Well I backed it just now.  Macho Man was the thing that pushed me over the hump of deciding.  I still have mixed feeling about it.  If by some miracle they hit the 7,000 to include the extra Doink figure I’d feel pretty good about my choice.  If not then I don’t know.  A part of me kinda hopes they either hit the 7K or fall below the 5K.  Truthfully we should know this week.  Because the extra Macho Man figure will only be available to those that gets their order in this week that should mean that the typical surge that normally happens during the final days should in fact happen this week instead.  Once the offer to get the free Machi Man included with your purchase expires I really don’t see there being any additional purchases coming in so if it doesn’t hit at least 95% funded now I don’t think it will happen.  

• Thanks 1