Playmates Toys Beams Back To Star Trek

JayC

On 1/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, DiscoCougar said:

Oh please Lord let their starships be decent, because those awful looking Eaglemoss ones are way too expensive for the subpar paint and materials that they're made out of.

I think THIS will make or break the line.  Certain ship styles appeal to me more than characters but If they can crank of decent looking ships, at a reasonable price point, and have a way to display a fig or two underneath the ship...they may have something here.

• Like 2

These remind me of the old Playmates Star Trek line, which was extensive over the years. I collected them & then had them all stolen out of my storage locker. Playmates went deep in all of the characters on all of the various Star Trek shows. This line could go on for years, from Classic to Next Generation to Deep Space 9 to Voyager to Enterprise to Discovery to Picard and all the other current Star Trek shows, plus the many movies and animated shows. 

2 hours ago, rono said:

These remind me of the old Playmates Star Trek line, which was extensive over the years. I collected them & then had them all stolen out of my storage locker. Playmates went deep in all of the characters on all of the various Star Trek shows. This line could go on for years, from Classic to Next Generation to Deep Space 9 to Voyager to Enterprise to Discovery to Picard and all the other current Star Trek shows, plus the many movies and animated shows. 

Yes they were very extensive. Besides the new shows I don't see why anyone would want them. I would assume you could get the old ones cheaper than what these new ones may cost.

The new Playmates Toys five-inch, 1:14 scale figures with 14 points of articulation for Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan (James T. Kirk, Captain Spock, and Khan Noonien Singh), Star Trek The Next Generation (Lt. Commander Data, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and Commander William Riker) and Star Trek Discovery (Commander Saru and Science Officer Michael Burnham), along with the U.S.S Enterprise from the Original Series and Star Trek: The Original Series Phaser are available for pre-order from our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

The figures each cost $15.99, the Enterprise costs $49.99 and the phaser costs $29.99. These are due out in July.

• Like 1

Depending on how this Enterprise looks in hand, I might be on board. Cuz in all honesty, these figures look worse than the original Playmates ones, and I don't need to collect another line of Star Trek toys that aren't an improvement over the older ones (including Art Asylum) and aren't willing to go as broad into the roster as the older lines (live action tv shows, animated series, movies, novels, etc).

They made hundreds of 5-in figures and then they went 6-in for first contact and then for 2009 jj movie they did 3.75 AND 6 in. Now they're back to 5 in, it's so weird. Their spaceships were pretty damn good though, including the 2009 JJ Enterprise.

I've got all the playmates figures and ships and all of the diamond select figures and ships ,I don't know if I need these.

This reminds me of Lanard making alien figures all of a sudden ....but they must be selling ok , they're still moving in the stores.

• 3 weeks later...

Following the news from a few weeks ago, Playmates Toys continues to roll out new Star Trek products, this time with action figures based on the new Nickelodeon animated series Star Trek: Prodigy series which you can check out below via StarTrek.com..

They are doing 1:14 (5") figures of Dal R’El figure with Murf, Gwyndala, Jankom Pog, Zero, Hologram Janeway and Rok-Tahk (Coming Early 2023). Janeway and Rok-Tahk are not shown below.

The action figures will be available at online retailers beginning in October 2022 and on store shelves in spring 2023. New Star Trek: Prodigy ships, vehicles, and role play toys will be available later in 2023.

If you haven't seen the show which streams on Paramount+, don't let the fact it's a Nickelodeon cartoon scare you away. Even though it is technically made for kids, as a long-time Star Trek fan I found myself really enjoying season 1.

Star-Trek-Prodigy.jpg

The new 5" Star Trek Prodigy figures coming from Playmates Toys which we first told you about last week are now available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. This wave inlcudes the following:

Star Trek: Prodigy Dal R'El with Murf Figure

Star Trek: Prodigy Jankom Pog Figure

Star Trek: Prodigy Zero Figure

Star Trek: Prodigy Gwyndala Figure

Star Trek: Prodigy Hologram Kathryn Janeway (Not Shown)

Prodigy-01.jpg

Prodigy-02.jpg

Prodigy-03.jpg

Prodigy-04.jpg

• Thanks 1