NECA At-Home Virtual Comic-Con Panel Coverage - TMNT, Gargoyles, The Boys, Universal Monsters, BTTF, The Defenders And More

JayC

I'm most stoked about the new Gargoyles, I have been waiting for a articulated new collectors style Gargoyles line for years, now it's actually happening, I also gotta say those Flash Gordon figures on classic cardback are amazing, I still have not found any of those Defenders figures in a store here and I really like that line.

• Thanks 1

Oh, I did so love the Turtle line. But the prices were a little high, distribution a little spotty (okay, A LOT), and with every set I knew I was playing Russian Roulette with Neca's patented shoddy QC. So, I threw in the towel and dumped my entire collection on Ebay.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, MRT said:

Those other cartoon TMNT characters look fantastic though, just don't have the cash or space for them.

Cash, space, patience; I'm out of all three. I'm withholding my Turtle-buying dollar to see what Playmates roles out next.

10 minutes ago, mako said:

Cash, space, patience; I'm out of all three. I'm withholding my Turtle-buying dollar to see what Playmates roles out next.

Playmates... You will keep your money for years since they are just doing repaints and repackaged figures...

On 7/20/2021 at 1:38 PM, ClarkKent said:

How much will the set be at Target?  I assume it won't really be $14.99.

I'm going to assume the intended number was $149.99.  That would put it in the same general price range as the "Turtles in Disguise" 4-pack, which is $124.99 (but of course, all four figures in that set and several of their accessories are identical molds, with lots of reused parts and duplicate soft-goods outfits, which would explain the lower price).
<P>
I . . . REALLY want to be a near-completionist with the cartoon line. I've ordered every figure that's released on their site so far (even Ace Duck, a character I'm on the record as HATING, but I support the line! *LOL*). The only ones I haven't bought are the TiD set ('cuz I don't want to drop a Ben-and-a-quarter plus tax for an accessory kit and a bunch of "emotion heads" that aren't even compatible with my original SDCC TMNT box set, like WTF NECA?! 😠 ) and the Loot Crate exclusives ('cuz I just don't need Bebop and Rocksteady and Donatello in goofy costumes . . . I AM getting that Scrag figure though! *LOL*).  And once they open preorders for Chrome Dome, Muckman, Mondo Gecko, Napoleon/Atilla, and of course the newly announced Wingnut/Screwloose, Groundchuck/Dirtbag, and Tokka/Rahzar sets, I'll grab them too!
<P>
But Channel 6? . . . Eeeeehhhhhyyeeeaahh . . . NECA, I sure as @#$% HOPE this isn't the ONLY way you're releasing Irma and Burne, because you released both Vernon and April in other sets, and I am NOT interested in double-dipping on those two . . . ESPECIALLY given how sub-par your April figure is (no, not sorry, she's too damn small and you guys KNOW IT, this was your opportunity to make an updated sized-up version, you've been constantly updating your Predators with remold rereleases for years, you could have done it here, and you blew it).
<P>
. . . I dunno.  MAYBE.  But while I do get the price point, that's a LOT to ask for set of two repeat figures that don't even have their original heads (or Vernon's original mutant accessories).

On 7/20/2021 at 12:45 PM, JayC said:

Following yesterday's NECA Comic-Con At Home live-stream, NECA has announced specific pre-order details for their Target Exclusive/Comic-Con exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series Channel 6 boxset and 7" Flash Gordon Classic figures.

These will be offered as LIMITED EXCLUSIVES while supplies last on the NECAStore starting at 1pm ET on 7/22/21.

The Channel 6 Newsroom 4 Pack and Accessory Set BUNDLE which is only available online will cost $175. The boxset without the additional bundle items will be sold at Target physical stores for $14.99. The boxset itself will include figures of Burne Thompson (Channel 6 News CEO), Vernon Fenwick (Channel 6 News reporter/Cameraman), Irma (Secretary) and Cat Mutated April O' Neil (Channel 6 News Star Reporter)

Vernon - comes with alternate blind-folded headsculpt, mic bag, phone, headset, alternate hands, and mutated Vernon turtle

Burne - comes with alternate angry headsculpt, 3 pairs of hands, two office portraits (one of his girlfriend Tiffany), spoon and a green circle of some kind

Irma - comes with mutated headsculpt and lower arms, and three regular extra hands

April - comes with mouse, cat, and extra hands

The set also includes packaging that opens to feature the Channel 6 studio and you get 2 TV Studio Cameras and lights.

When you buy this boxset online through the NECAStore as a bundle you also get a shirt (XL and L), poster, Channel 6 April ID Badge, Channel 6 Van pin and Channel 6 iron-on patch. You can't buy this boxset online without those extra items.

For the Classic Flash Gordon figures based on the 70's toyline.

King Features – Flash (Classic Toy Appearance) - $30
King Features – Ming (Classic Toy Appearance) - $30

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-01.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-02.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-03.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-04.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-05.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-06.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-07.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-08.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-09.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-10.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-11.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-12.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-13.jpg

NECA-2021-Comic-Con-Pre-Order-14.jpg

How about the Movie 🍿🎥 Flash Gordon figures? Are they going to be sold also tomorrow at the NECA store?

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

How about the Movie 🍿🎥 Flash Gordon figures? Are they going to be sold also tomorrow at the NECA store?

No word on that one. So would say not tomorrow. Sounds like just the ones at Target tomorrow. The Walmart ones will probably be a different day.

• Thanks 1

Following NECA's Comic-Con At Home Live-Stream the other day, NECA has released a couple official images for their 7" Ultimate Halloween II 2-Pack With Michael Myers And Dr. Loomis. Both figures are said to have photo-real headsculpts. Lumis will have alternate arms so you can have him without the jacket. He also comes with a hand holding a lighter. Michael will have flames so he can be made to look like he is on fire. You also will get the Skull Pumpkin from the movie poster. It was said this set will eventually be available everywhere and not a store exclusive.

Halloween-2-pack-01.jpg

Halloween-2-pack-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

I love neca horror movie figures I think I'm going to start a collection all I ever do is binge Horror/Thriller movies I'm a movie fanatic I watch other movies but mainly anything scary or that has alot of killing and gore

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AvengerK2 said:

Necas horror lines are killing it. Definitely picking this up and retiring my old Dr Loomis figure.  

I agree. Neca has been doing some great horror figs. I hope they keep it up and add more properties. Like lord of darkness from legend. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:40 PM, Roadpigmaster said:

Playmates... You will keep your money for years since they are just doing repaints and repackaged figures...

Even if the last iteration was a cluster-fudge from day one, TMNT is a multi-million dollar franchise. Pandemic not withstanding, Nickelodeon's not gonna let it gather dust to long. Once they get their ducks in a row and make with a new version, Playmates will be able to forgo the repacks/repaints and roll out a proper line.

Hopefully, it'll be a good one.

• Thanks 1

Following NECA's Comic-Con At Home Live-Stream the other day, they have released even more official images for their 7" Ultimate Halloween II 2-Pack With Michael Myers And Dr. Loomis. Both figures are said to have photo-real headsculpts. Lumis will have alternate arms so you can have him without the jacket. He also comes with a hand holding a lighter and pistols, multiple hands. Michael will have flames so he can be made to look like he is on fire. You also will get the Skull Pumpkin from the movie poster, hammer, syringe, knife and scalpel. It was said this set will be available everywhere and not a store exclusive.

Halloween-2-01.jpg

Halloween-2-02.jpg

Halloween-2-03.jpg

NECA this evening began closing out their week of virtual comic con reveals and testes with a few more images. Shown below are images showing prototype 7" figures of Defenders of the Earth Mandrake & Lothar which will be out later this year. We also get a look at a Gremlins accessory pack, the Gremlins 2: The New Batch “Demolition 2-pack” and the Universal Monsters Wolfman figure.

SDCC-FInal-Teasers-01.jpg

SDCC-FInal-Teasers-02.jpg

SDCC-FInal-Teasers-03.jpg

SDCC-FInal-Teasers-04.jpg

SDCC-FInal-Teasers-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Never thought I'd see Mandrake in a scale I collect. Definite for me. Love the upcoming comics Phantom and Ming figures too.  Could a Doc Savage and Shadow figure not be far away? As for the Universal monsters Neca is killing it. Already have color Frankenstein. Come on Neca give us some Hammer stuff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Unless Neca plans to re-issue the past Defenders of the Earth figures this time with sturdier joints, I think I'll let Mandrake and Doc Savage pass.

The wolf man packaging looks too generic.

Who said Neca will do a Doc Savage figure?