NECA At-Home Virtual Comic-Con Panel Coverage - TMNT, Gargoyles, The Boys, Universal Monsters, BTTF, The Defenders And More

JayC

NECA today is holding their virtual Comic-Con At Home panel where we expect them to make new product reveals for TMNT, Monsters, Retro figures and more.

We will be updating this story with new info and images for new products as they happen.

Panel begins with Randy Falk and Blaine Rodenbaugh.

Starting off with Back To The Future - Griff from Back To The Future 2 who will come with bat and hover board. Also have 2 different headsculpts. Showed a prototype for 85 Doc Brown. Down the road they are planning on a BTTF accessory set.

Defenders of the Earth 7" figures. They are expanding outside the cartoon with this line. Doing classic versions of Flash, Ming and Phantom. These will be available everywhere around November. Phantom will have a glow in the dark skull buckle. Randy wants to see the line continue to grow.

Flash Gordon and Ming will be available online and Walmart later this summer, would have been a Comic-Con exclusive.

Also as comic-con exclusives of Flash and Ming on classic cardbacks. The figures are different and based on the original 70's toyline. These will be out in August at Target and their website.

For The Boys Gina Dedomenico who is a designer is now on panel.

They showed some concept art for Black Noir. Also showed a prototype for the figure. Also A-Train.

For horror they have Stefan Folkins on panel.

Chucky and Tiffany Retro 8" figure 2-pack coming later this year.

Life-Size Chucky and Tiffany will be coming this year and worth the wait. They are giving away a live-size one toda on their Instagram.

Halloween II 7" Michael and Lumis 2-pack. Lumis will have alternate arms so you can have him without the jacket. Michael will have flames.

Ultimate Creep from Creepshow will be coming based on the movie.

From The Thing 7" MaCready with flame thrower. More The Thing figures coming next year.

Universal Monsters. Invisible Man is not being announced just yet. They did give us a first look at their The Mummy figure.

The Predator Lost Tribe will be completed. No images though.

Alien they are re-doing their video game figures that will be repainted with movie colors. Three individual releases and some will have updated articulation.

Gremlins Demolition 2-pack. Will have more accessories than shown here. They also teased their Brain Gremlin figure. No details on release.

Gargoyles showing the package for Goliath. They showed Demona and teased Thailog.

TMNT they have Trevor Zammit. They showed the packaging for the TMNT Movie Loot Crate Danny figure.

TMNT Unmasked Casey Jones with single joint elbows but still good movement. He has a loose mask.

Con exclusive Super Shredder with base. Will be out at Walmart. Will have new deco and tooling.

Secret of the Ooze Shredder.

More movie figures on the way.

Mirage Comics TMNT Mutated Shredder which will be Loot Crate and there will be more. They teased an image. They are teasing going full in with Mirage figures.

For cartoon. Secret of the Ooze Shredder, Dirtbag and Groundchuck. Dirtbag can be made to look like he is popping out of the ground. These will be at Target. Also Wingnut and Screwloose.

The Channel 6 News Crew boxset which would have been a comic-con exclusive. April and Erma will havve alternate mutated parts. The packaging folds out to make the TV station. This will be available online along with a bundle with a shirt, press badge, poster and iron-on channel 6 patch and van pin. The set without the extra will be at Target. Details on when it will be available later.

They gave a teaser for another 2-pack coming next year.

The panel is over.

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-01.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-02.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03 5.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03 6.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-03.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05 5.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05 6.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-05.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-06 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-06.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-07 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-07 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-07 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-07 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-07.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-09 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-09 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-09 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-09 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-09 5.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-09.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-11 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-11.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-12 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-12 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-12 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-12.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-14 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-14.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-15 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-15 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-15 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-15 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-15 5.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-15.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-16 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-16 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-16 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-16 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-16.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-18 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-18 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-18.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-19 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-19 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-19 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-19.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-20 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-20 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-20.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-22 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-22.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-24 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-24 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-24 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-24.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-25 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-25 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-25 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-25.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-27 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-27.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 1.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 2.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 3.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 4.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 5.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 6.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29 7.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-29.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-30.jpg

NECA-2021-SDCC-Panel-32.jpg

• Thanks 1

NECA posted this teaser today. More The Boys figures? Don't think it's Superman and since DST is doing Invincible figures the most likely candidate is Homelander even though they have already done him.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 9.49.21 PM.png

• Thanks 1

When I hear or see the word, "panel", that usually implies ( to me anyway) that it is open to some questions.  This is something that in my opinion NECA shies away from. So if this is panel will take questions, I have an old one that never got an answer:

Years back NECA gave us a fantastic 7 inch Adam West Batman, they then followed through with a great quarter scale version and then a quarter scale Burt Ward Robin. Why was there never a 7 inch Rodin?

7 hours ago, Spack said:

When I hear or see the word, "panel", that usually implies ( to me anyway) that it is open to some questions.  This is something that in my opinion NECA shies away from. So if this is panel will take questions, I have an old one that never got an answer:

Years back NECA gave us a fantastic 7 inch Adam West Batman, they then followed through with a great quarter scale version and then a quarter scale Burt Ward Robin. Why was there never a 7 inch Rodin?

I have a feeling this will just be a pre-recorded video they post on their YT doing a walk-thru showing off new product from their studio. As for your question, NECA's ability to do DC figures was very limited due to licensing. Your pretty lucky you got the Batman but it was never going to be a line with a ton of figures in it.

• Thanks 1

NECA will be opening up pre-orders on their website starting tomorrow (7/14) at 11am ET. for their TMNT Animated Series "Turtles in Disguise" 4-pack and Rasputin/Genghis Frogs 2-pack. These will be up for pre-order for 2 weeks. These will be limited to two per person.

NECA-TMNT-Con-Pre-Orders.jpg

• Thanks 1

It shouldn't really come as a surprise, but NECA is teasing new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle reveals during their Comic-Con virtual panel which will take place next Monday' (7/19 ) starting at 1pm ET. We of course will have full coverage of the event right here on TNI.

00-TMNT.jpg

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MRT said:

I hope they show the turtle van and that its not crazy thundertank expensive...

RIGHT?!
<P>
$250.  That's the limit here.  The NECA figures are released in $50-$55 two-packs, which makes them around $25-$27 apiece.  Super7, by contrast, can't seem to release a figure for less than friggin' $45. (And lately, seems like they can't release their figures AT ALL. *LOL*)  If that's the ratio we're looking at here, NECA should be able to mass-produce a good Party Wagon for around $250.  I think that's COMPLETELY reasonable.

1 hour ago, Batman1701 said:

RIGHT?!
<P>
$250.  That's the limit here.  The NECA figures are released in $50-$55 two-packs, which makes them around $25-$27 apiece.  Super7, by contrast, can't seem to release a figure for less than friggin' $45. (And lately, seems like they can't release their figures AT ALL. *LOL*)  If that's the ratio we're looking at here, NECA should be able to mass-produce a good Party Wagon for around $250.  I think that's COMPLETELY reasonable.

Super7 is a fraction of the size of NECA, so they can't sell niche items at $25 in the quality they provide. Their speed problems are due to the pandemic causing slowdowns that were beyond their control, as well as being at the mercy of Mattel's factory only letting them use them when there was an open slot. Now that they have their own factory (more or less) their output is going to increase dramatically. The next wave of Thundercats is on the way or about to be and the next one after that will follow soon thereafter. We still have to wait on wave 2 but that's due to the Mattel factory issue mentioned above. 

6" scale complicated vehicles cost probably close to a million dollars to tool, so that's why they're $450. Yeah, there's going to be a markup thrown in there because of you know.........business and profit.....which is why they do what they do, and I don't fault them for it. If they could sell tens of thousands of them then that price could come down, but they probably have a good idea of what will be preordered, so the price is set accordingly. NECA has the luxury of being a much larger company, so they can probably do something like a Turtle Van and offer it for less because they know they can sell a lot more of those than what Super7 can sell of the Thundertank. That's also due to brand name awareness. There are many many more people collecting TMNT toys than Thundercats, so they're probably going to be able to sell for a bit less. I think $250 for the Van is way too low given the size and amount of tooling involved. I'll say $350 and give them a $100 discount due to the advantages I mentioned. I successfully predicted the tank would be $400 to $450, and I usually am close on other big items I've played this little game with, so let's see what happens if and when it happens. I hope it is $250 since I'm a completist with the cartoon line. Super7 is also working on a Turtles Van if some of Brian Flynn's mannerisms and answers and slip-ups are anything to go by, so we'll get to compare the two companies eventually.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, obs said:

Super7 is a fraction of the size of NECA, so they can't sell niche items at $25 in the quality they provide. Their speed problems are due to the pandemic causing slowdowns that were beyond their control, as well as being at the mercy of Mattel's factory only letting them use them when there was an open slot. Now that they have their own factory (more or less) their output is going to increase dramatically. The next wave of Thundercats is on the way or about to be and the next one after that will follow soon thereafter. We still have to wait on wave 2 but that's due to the Mattel factory issue mentioned above. 

6" scale complicated vehicles cost probably close to a million dollars to tool, so that's why they're $450. Yeah, there's going to be a markup thrown in there because of you know.........business and profit.....which is why they do what they do, and I don't fault them for it. If they could sell tens of thousands of them then that price could come down, but they probably have a good idea of what will be preordered, so the price is set accordingly. NECA has the luxury of being a much larger company, so they can probably do something like a Turtle Van and offer it for less because they know they can sell a lot more of those than what Super7 can sell of the Thundertank. That's also due to brand name awareness. There are many many more people collecting TMNT toys than Thundercats, so they're probably going to be able to sell for a bit less. I think $250 for the Van is way too low given the size and amount of tooling involved. I'll say $350 and give them a $100 discount due to the advantages I mentioned. I successfully predicted the tank would be $400 to $450, and I usually am close on other big items I've played this little game with, so let's see what happens if and when it happens. I hope it is $250 since I'm a completist with the cartoon line. Super7 is also working on a Turtles Van if some of Brian Flynn's mannerisms and answers and slip-ups are anything to go by, so we'll get to compare the two companies eventually.

I don't think its the size of the company (as I think NECA isn't that big either) but rather that NECA is still able to get they're stuff into big box stores so they're producing more figures while super7 is just online. I'm not accusing super7 of being greedy or anything. I'm just hoping its cheaper for the sake of my wallet XD

The reason I threw out the thundertank reference because it was something I was interested in but couldn't rationalized my way into getting.

3 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

RIGHT?!
<P>

I'm actually still hoping for a little less. Mcfarlane is producing a batmobile for under $50 so I'm hoping for around $150. I don't need play features, just something in a proper scale that can fit the figures. 

NECA has opened up pre-orders on their website for their TMNT Animated Series "Turtles in Disguise" 4-pack and Rasputin/Genghis Frogs 2-pack. These will be up for pre-order for 2 weeks. These will be limited to two per person.

The Turtles In Disguise set is listed with a $124.99 price and the Frogs 2-Pack is listed with a $51.99 price.

• Thanks 1

NECA today posted a new teaser image this time for Jaws. About a year ago NECA said they were working on a Bruce The Shark figure that would be in scale or close to it with their 8" Retro Jaws figures they have been doing, which likely would be released directly by them online in some way. With the image they posted today they included the following text, "It's "Shark Awareness Day" and we think you're gonna need a bigger boat." I don't know if this is a tease for Bruce or something else but hopefully we will get more details on Monday (7/19) when they have their Comic-Con at home panel which starts at 1pm ET.

00-NECA-Jaws.jpg

• Thanks 1

NECA today is teasing Monster Madness for this coming Monday's (7/19) Virtual Comic-Con panel which kicks off at 1pm ET. This likely will include news on among other things Gargoyles, Universal Monsters and maybe even more for The Thing movie.

00-Comic-Con-Monsters.jpg

• Thanks 1

The "...mostly." tells me there may be something from Aliens, too.  I can't imagine they would just throw that in, otherwise.

The following is my optimistic guess for reveals:
-Dracula
-Full reveal of Demona
-Childs and/or the "Blair monster" from The Thing
-Drake and/or "Alien Warrior" 4.0 (5.0?)

• Thanks 1