G.I. Joe Classified Deluxe Zartan Figure Revealed - Summer Exclusive?!?

JayC

Images have surfaced online via an overseas retailer Justin Hunt for what appears to be some kind of G.I. Joe Classified 6" Zartan Deluxe Figure.

The figure is packed with a ton of accessories including multiple masks, and alternate heads for Storm Shadow, Snake-Eyes and a skull. You also get Storm Shadow's bow and arrows to recreate the scene from the comics where Zartan impersonated Storm Shadow to kill the Hard Master. Besides all that you get the accessories that came with the previous Zartan as well as a sniper type riffle.

The packaging is also unique as it appears you can change the faces on the front cover like a pop-up type book.This packaging also strikes me as something done for a con exclusive. This may be Hasbro's G.I. Joe SDCC/Pulse-Con exclusive for this year.

Since the chest plate and knee pads have added metallic silver paint to them which differs from the original release. I can't say for sure, but since those are solid plastic and not transparent I don't think this figure has any kind of color-change ability like was featured on the original 80's figure. There is also no indication on the packaging that it would have color change ability.

When Hasbro gives us official details we will be sure to pass them on to you. Thanks to Ciarda for the heads up.

201499212_283457363468016_5073118513393663652_n.jpg

201775848_938313603398269_353252962345405524_n.jpg

E5MxmYoWEAEeqPV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uh, yeah . . . 

If anybody wants, they can check my post in the Retro Venom Exclusive thread to see how I feel about these little games Hasbro is playing. Or I can save you a trip:

!@#$ you, Hasbro. !@#$ you.

56 minutes ago, mako said:

Uh, yeah . . . 

If anybody wants, they can check my post in the Retro Venom Exclusive thread to see how I feel about these little games Hasbro is playing. Or I can save you a trip:

!@#$ you, Hasbro. !@#$ you.

Yeah this is some tom foolery here Hasbro, this and the whole Venom Legend, but this is more tricks up their petty wizard sleeves, Hasbro really leaned into making this hobby a real kick in the shin 😓

deluxe Zartan with all the pieces we want, now only for stupid scalper extra pricey con 🥱

• Like 1

That's a cool exclusive set. I'm not sure I need it cuz I'm happy with the regular Zartan, but those accessories are tempting.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

G.I. Joe is a highly skilled, on-demand, special operations force of men and women from around the globe. These extraordinarily talented heroes are selected for their elite abilities and tasked with defending the world from Cobra, a ruthless criminal organization bent on total domination. With unwavering courage and steely determination, the brave members of G.I. Joe are prepared to seek out Cobra in any environment on the planet. From hostile jungles to ice-clad arctic peaks…wherever there’s trouble, G.I. Joe is there.

This Zartan figure comes ready for action, with multiple points of articulation for high poseability, and 13 character-inspired accessories. And with custom artwork by Tom Whalen and Derek Ring, the G.I. Joe Classified Series Master of Disguise Zartan package will make a mark on shelves.

G.I. Joe and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Includes: G.I. Joe Classified Series Zartan action figure and 13 accessories.

The G.I. Joe Classified Series evolves the characters fans know and love into a highly articulated 6-inch scale with premium deco and detailing

The Master of Disguise Zartan action figure is sensitive to heat and cold and will change colors in cold weather, under warm water, and more

This figure features a classic design updated to bring the Dreadnoks leader into the modern era, plus accessories inspired by the character’s rich history

Joining some of the best artists from the world of comics, graphic design in our artist partnership program, Tom Whalen and Derek Ring add a unique style to the Zartan package

This G.I. Joe Classified Series Master of Disguise Zartan figure features premium detailing and articulation for dramatic action poseability (some poses may require additional support)

The figure will be sold as a Pulse-Con exclusive which will take place this Fall. The figure is currently listed on Hasbro-Pulse but now available for purchase.

Zartan_BLUE-01.jpg

Zartan_BLUE-02.jpg

Zartan_BLUE-03.jpg

Zartan_BLUE-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

I dont even collect Joe figures and this is amazing to me. I love that box design as well as pretty fun hes got the old warm and cold color change effect. Im also a fan of all those accessories, especially the variations of his disguises. Not a terrible price for what youre getting, ESPECIALLY considering what they want for Venom who comes with so much less and features nothing comparative to this which is only a few bucks more. 

• Thanks 1

HP better put a limit on this figure because I got a feeling this figure will sell out in less than 5 seconds...

Sometimes I get the feeling that HP limits what they sell just so it shows it as being sold out and they can brag and be cocky like their toys are in such high demand.

• Thanks 1

Cool figure. So we have gotten all the figures on the promo poster, plus Barbecue and Breaker. I'm looking forward to seeing the promo poster for the next block of figures. Hasbro has really hit a home run with GI Joe.

• Thanks 1

Shown below via seancarneyband are in-hand images for the newly announced 2021 Pulse-Con Exclusive G.I. Joe Classified Series Master of Disguise Zartan figure coming from Hasbro. While here in the US the figure is being released as a con exclusive, we had already seen the figure show up at retailers overseas several weeks ago. The figure comes with three masks and three alternate heads for different disguises. You get a big sniper rifle as well as Storm Shadow's bow and quiver with arrows. You also get the pistol, knife and backpack that comes with the regular version. The figure also has a color change feature so that when you put it in a cold place like your freezer the skin turns blue, which is reminiscent of the original Zartan figure Hasbro did back in the 80s. Finally it comes in packaging that allows you to change faces on the front cover. The price from Hasbro will be $36.99.

Pulse-Con-Zartan-01.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-02.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-03.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-04.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-05.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-06.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-07.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-08.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-09.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-10.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-11.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-12.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-13.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-14.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-15.jpg

Pulse-Con-Zartan-16.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ransomz said:

Cool figure. So we have gotten all the figures on the promo poster, plus Barbecue and Breaker. I'm looking forward to seeing the promo poster for the next block of figures. Hasbro has really hit a home run with GI Joe.

Ally Vipers are on that poster so no releases for those guys yet.

The color changing feature is cool, I'm glad for people that wanted it. I still stand by my original statement, the figure looks cool but the added features are not enough for me to buy it again and they certainly are not worth dealing with Hasbro Pulse on sale day. 

• Thanks 1