Dougray Scott Will Not Be Returning For Third Season Of 'Batwoman'

Outsiders

After two seasons, Dougray Scott will not be returning for Season 3 of the Batwoman series.  Scott played Crows commander Jacob Kane.

According to showrunner Caroline Dries, The character's storyline has run its course.

“We ended up being able to really write to a good ending for Jacob, just kind of knowing in advance that’s what we were going to do…. It allowed us to give Dougray some really rich stuff toward the end.”

“Having Dougray Scott as Jacob Kane on Batwoman was incredibly special for all of us,” Dries also said, in a statement. “An actor with his pedigree and reputation elevates any project, and he had great chemistry with his castmates. We loved telling Commander Kane’s story for the last two seasons, and we will always leave the door open to have him return. We wish him the very best!”

The showrunner also confirmed that the "resurrected" Kate Kane, played in Season 1 by Ruby Rose, is indeed leaving Gotham and the show.

“I would never say never because you never know, but for now, that was our farewell to Kate."

Source: Entertainment Weekly

BWN210fg_0046r.jpg

• Like 1

I was kinda hoping Batwoman wouldn't be back either. As in the whole stinking dumpster-fire.

Honestly, with the ratings it's getting, I don't see the show lasting another entire season. Hell, I'd be surprised if they didn't demote it to mid-season status.

• Like 1

Not surprising that Dougray isn't a fan either.

This is turning out to look like a mad scramble to save a show that wasn't any good to start with. Let it go and start putting effort back into building up the DCEU again with shows like Stargirl and Supeman & Lois, though I think it's more likely that instead of doing more shows like that they'll just end up making those two shows more like this.

I liked this show first season despite its problems, I loved Ruby Rose and enjoyed her Kate Kane.  I get it that the producers were put in a difficult place what with the behind the scenes issues, but they clearly made the wrong decisions every step of the way since then and I lost interest, the writing and performances are just awful now.  I watched the last couple of episodes to see the new version of Kate but I knew they weren't going to make her Batwoman, so what was the point?   Also, really nice of them to make Batwing appear for 2 shots that lasted 3 seconds apiece, way to go.   

• Like 1

I don't follow Batwoman because I don't have enough time but I believe this is why they brought in Batwing to take some of the stories off of Batwoman and maybe bring up the ratings.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, Outsiders said:

I don't follow Batwoman because I don't have enough time but I believe this is why they brought in Batwing to take some of the stories off of Batwoman and maybe bring up the ratings.

it is too late too little for Batwing
I was surprised this show even got another season

20 hours ago, Goldbug said:

it is too late too little for Batwing
I was surprised this show even got another season

As bad as the ratings are for the show.  The CW needs shows and they need superhero shows.  They have lost shows for the past 2 years and not seeing any major series coming out anytime soon.