Hasbro G.I. Joe Snake-Eyes Live-Stream Coming This Thursday (6/24)

JayC

Video added for the live-stream:

Hasbro has announced another G.I. Joe Live-Stream for this coming Thursday (6/24) at 11am ET. The main focus for this live-stream will be the new Snake-Eyes movie.

I don't expect much in the way of any new Classified reveals from this one, not even movie based ones unless they have some new store exclusives to announce. We will likely see more Snake-Eyes "Core" products shown off which translates stuff geared more for the kids. Basic 6" figures and the likes of that. We of course will have full coverage of the event right here on TNI as it happens.

Snake-Eyes-Pulse.jpg

• Thanks 1

I figure this will be for promoting the role play, kids oriented toys.  If there are more of the Movie Classified figures coming I imagine them to be spoiler-y and not shown yet. Unless Hasbro unveils yet another version of Snake Eyes besides the deluxe, regular, Fortnite and Commando.

6 hours ago, JayC said:
Hasbro has announced another G.I. Joe Live-Stream for this coming Thursday (6/24) at 11am ET. The main focus for this live-stream will be the new Snake-Eyes movie.

I don't expect much in the way of any new Classified reveals from this one, not even movie based ones unless they have some new store exclusives to announce. We will likely see more Snake-Eyes "Core" products shown off which translates stuff geared more for the kids. Basic 6" figures and the likes of that. We of course will have full coverage of the event right here on TNI as it happens.

Snake-Eyes-Pulse.jpg

Hopefully they show the movie 4" line...✌️😀

Look on the bright side, unlike most of what they spew in their regular Classified "Reveals," this time they have a major motion picture backing them. Anything new they roll out or promise, you can take as gospel. Gotta support that film.

This is the one I'll be listening to.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayC said:

Snake-Eyes-Pulse.jpg

Yeah I think you're right, it'll be basic retail stuff. But I really dug that new trailer. Hope the movie lives up to it.

• Thanks 1

We get to see more figures that will be the movie figures that will be exclusive to either Target or Walmart that will sell out before they are even sold.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Look on the bright side, unlike most of what they spew in their regular Classified "Reveals," this time they have a major motion picture backing them. Anything new they roll out or promise, you can take as gospel. Gotta support that film.

This is the one I'll be listening to.

I can't help but feel that the success of this movie would deeply impact the future of the Classifieds line.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I can't help but feel that the success of this movie would deeply impact the future of the Classifieds line.

Hasbro, as far as G.I. Joe goes, probably has a lot riding on it, I'll give you that.

Best case scenario: The movie does well enough to spawn further sequels (leading Hasbro to take the line seriously) and maybe a halfway decent cartoon to keep the line afloat between pictures.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mako said:

Hasbro, as far as G.I. Joe goes, probably has a lot riding on it, I'll give you that.

Best case scenario: The movie does well enough to spawn further sequels (leading Hasbro to take the line seriously) and maybe a halfway decent cartoon to keep the line afloat between pictures.

I feel not only Hasbro but retailers as well, they may order more and/or allocate more shelf space if GI Joe has a successful movie franchise backing it. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I feel not only Hasbro but retailers as well, they may order more and/or allocate more shelf space if GI Joe has a successful movie franchise backing it. 

Oh yeah, that goes without saying. A mainstream media tie-in is gold for a toy-line.

Of course, the hat-trick is locking down the "successful" part. So far, Joe's been 0 for 2 at the box office, and as cool as it looks, Snake Eyes may very well be repeating all the mistakes the first two movies made.

• Like 1

The video has been added at the top of the thread for today's live-stream. Not sure how much in the way of new stuff will be shown today. I know the previous core or kids stuff they should off the other month will be going up for pre-order everywhere today.

• Thanks 1

Rob Liefeld is way to hyper for this video but the best would have been if Liefeld dropped the bomb on Hasbro Pulse and told everyone that the Snake Eyes Deadgame is exclusive and only available from BBTS.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Rob Liefeld is way to hyper for this video but the best would have been if Liefeld dropped the bomb on Hasbro Pulse and told everyone that the Snake Eyes Deadgame is exclusive and only available from BBTS.

Hasbro Pulse ate some crow there by announcing BBTS as having the figure and not them...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

There you go.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mako said:

Ah, talking comics with Rob Liefeld. Maybe if there’s enough time they can talk movies with Uwe Boll or gender relations with Harvey Weinstein.

LOL, why dont you go over to his Deadgame Snake-Eyes figure unboxing video and let him know what you think about his work, I am sure he will loose sleep knowing you dont like him.🤣

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

I am sure he will loose sleep knowing you dont like him.🤣

Actually, I don't know him enough to like OR dislike him. It's just his lack of maturity, skill, or any kind of work-ethic that offends me. You'd know about that, right? 🤣

18 minutes ago, PatoArmenta said:

I wonder if the basic figures' motorcycles will fit in with the Classified line.

I've wondered the same thing. I also wonder what the chances of the 6" line expanding are. I like what I see, and wouldn't mind the line carrying on with more Joes.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

I will say the biggest revelation to come out of today's live-stream was learning Liefeld is over 50 yrs old. I never realized he was that old.

Oh sure... You don't remember Mr. Levis 501 Button Fly Jeans Rob Liefeid?

41 minutes ago, mako said:

I've wondered the same thing. I also wonder what the chances of the 6" line expanding are. I like what I see, and wouldn't mind the line carrying on with more Joes.

I think it would be a smart way for Hasbro to release vehicles, I mean, I don't expect anything too faultless out of the basic line but at least it would mean getting vehicles at a reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

I checked out the releases and I have the question that every toy company has a problem with when it comes to figures for movie releases.  Why do toy companies release movie products so far after the release of the movie?  This movie is coming out in July and these toy products are scheduled for a December release.  Why not have these products releasing now or in July with the release?