Jump to content

New Costumes From 'Shazam! Fury Of The Gods' Leaked By The Director


Recommended Posts

Director David F. Sandberg has decided to leak an image of the cast in the new costumes from the upcoming 'Shazam! Fury of the Gods' instead of each piece being leaked one by one. ' Shazam! Fury of the Gods' hits theaters on June 2nd, 2023.

 

Shazams_New_Costumes.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In general, I like what I'm seeing, but I'm not a fan of the little silver bar things stuck on the sides of Billy's, Pedro's, Freddy's, and Eugene's costumes. I'm also not quite sure how I feel about the huge changes in size and shape to Mary's skirt, but I am happy to see Grace Fulton in costume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This looks great, it’s great update, skirt looks pretty similar to Wonder Woman more battle oriented and tactical and visually way better than her first one albeit not comics accurate.  But now it makes me wonder how will Black Adam costume look, will it be like slightly different version of that black costume without cape and more yellow?  I would think that Rock would want to stand as much as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The costumes look to be an improvement over the first movie and I'm glad to see DJ Cotrona getting work. I liked the first movie but didn't love it but with the inclusion of Lucy Liu and Marta Milans returning I'm in for this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Costumes definitely look less cartoony and less bulbous with the muscles. Also pretty wild the actress that played young mary marvel is now also playing the adult version.. how is that going to work out with everyone else changing to other people and she not changing at all? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EvilHayato said:

Costumes definitely look less cartoony and less bulbous with the muscles. Also pretty wild the actress that played young mary marvel is now also playing the adult version.. how is that going to work out with everyone else changing to other people and she not changing at all? 

It makes sense, since she was the oldest by several years. They all become adults. Mary already is one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Satam said:

It makes sense, since she was the oldest by several years. They all become adults. Mary already is one.

I never really followed the comics much so I was just assuming they were all kids always going off the first movie. Weird that she wasnt in the first movie and now she is in this one which leads to higher confusion for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I never really followed the comics much so I was just assuming they were all kids always going off the first movie. Weird that she wasnt in the first movie and now she is in this one which leads to higher confusion for me. 

I'm not sure I 100% follow, but I'm not talking about the comics, and I am talking about the first movie, where Mary was already 18 and headed to college. A few years later, now that she is very much an adult, transforming into an adult doesn't seem to make as much sense as it does for the others who are still under 18. And she was in the first movie. Same actress. They just aren't using the older actress for the hero stuff, because of...well, I just said why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Satam said:

I'm not sure I 100% follow, but I'm not talking about the comics, and I am talking about the first movie, where Mary was already 18 and headed to college. A few years later, now that she is very much an adult, transforming into an adult doesn't seem to make as much sense as it does for the others who are still under 18. And she was in the first movie. Same actress. They just aren't using the older actress for the hero stuff, because of...well, I just said why.

I wasnt sure if you were referring to the  comics. Im admittedly pretty ignorant to most shazam stuff and its been a while since I saw the first movie. I just found it funny that the character changes in the first movie as a different looking person like the rest of the cast but now she doesnt change at all. I just found it weird. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I wasnt sure if you were referring to the  comics. Im admittedly pretty ignorant to most shazam stuff and its been a while since I saw the first movie. I just found it funny that the character changes in the first movie as a different looking person like the rest of the cast but now she doesnt change at all. I just found it weird. 

The director says there are hair and makeup changes to make her look different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Satam said:

The director says there are hair and makeup changes to make her look different.

Interesting, still a unusual choice but we ll see how it goes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Interesting, still a unusual choice but we ll see how it goes. 

I still don't think it's that unusual. And speaking of the comics, I can't say I'm super familiar with them right now, because it's been a while since I've read them, and they've messed with the continuity so much, and Captain Marvel wasn't necessarily my thing to begin with, but I want to say that Mary doesn't really undergo the same kind of physical transformation that Billy does, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Satam said:

I still don't think it's that unusual. And speaking of the comics, I can't say I'm super familiar with them right now, because it's been a while since I've read them, and they've messed with the continuity so much, and Captain Marvel wasn't necessarily my thing to begin with, but I want to say that Mary doesn't really undergo the same kind of physical transformation that Billy does, anyway.

I get the idea of mary not changing much, which means this new movie is essentially correcting what the first one essentially did wrong then. Thats why i find it unusual. The idea that they were going for in the first isnt following suit in this new one. And i get that the actress playing her is now older, but they used a completely different person to play her powered up version and now they arent. Thats all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I get the idea of mary not changing much, which means this new movie is essentially correcting what the first one essentially did wrong then. Thats why i find it unusual. The idea that they were going for in the first isnt following suit in this new one. And i get that the actress playing her is now older, but they used a completely different person to play her powered up version and now they arent. Thats all. 

Yeah. I get that. I'm happy to see them doing what they probably should have done in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, ClarkKent said:

I don't think it's called leaking when the director does it.

Be quiet ClarkKent or I'll tell everyone you're Superman...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

A new behind-the-scenes promo for 'Shazam! Fury of the Gods' was shown during DC FanDome 2021 featuring Zachary Levi.  In addition to Levi, who reprises the title role, the DCEU sequel also stars Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Djimon Hounsou, Rachel Zegler, Helen Mirren, and Lucy Liu.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods is scheduled to be released in the United States on June 2, 2023.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope its good, i enjoyed the first one alot. This looks like it has a whole lot more stuff going on so it has my attention. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE