Super7's Power Rangers Ultimates Goldar Figure First Look

JayC

Back in January it was announced by Super7 that they would be producing 7" Ultimates Mighty Morphin Power Rangers figures. The first wave was said to include figures of the Yellow Ranger, Green Ranger, Goldar, Tyrannosaurus DinoZord, and Putty Patroller.

Now via the virtual PowerMorphicon event taking place this weekend we have our first look at the Goldar figure. The figure will come with multiple hands, 2 headsculpts, Badges Of Darkness, interchangeable wings, wing backpack, fully painted sword, Power-Coin Box that has the coins sculpted inside. The gold will be metallic. You can see the video hosted by Toying Around where they show off and talk about the figure including articulation. He will be in scale with the other Rangers which means bigger. He will be about 8" tall. The Zord figures they are making for this line will also be in scale. This figure will cost $55.

Ultimates-Goldar-01.jpg

Ultimates-Goldar-02.png

• Thanks 1

Looks really nice. But I still like the lightning collection one and at half the price I'll stick with those. Curious to see the rangers though.

• Thanks 1

The idea of Power Rangers Ultimates is exiting but I grew up with the early to mid 00's seasons and reruns of the ones from the late 90's. So I might get some Mighty Morphin' figures but what I really want is for them to branch out into Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm,  Dino Thunder, and SPD.

• Thanks 1

Mr_Scary92: Is that Goldar the regular release, or the Store Exclusive release with the wings?  Just curious.  Either way, good deal if you do decide to get Lighting Collection Goldar at Half Off.

In regards to the Super7's PR 7" Ultimate figures, I'm thinking some of the monsters might be good companion pieces to Hasbro's 6" Lighting Collection, as they will give some monsters the height to look more imposing to the 6" figures.  Memory is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall Goldar being a bit taller than the average human in the show, so the 7" figure could be good for the 6" Rangers.

Still, I am curious to see how their Ultimate Rangers will look like as well.  Though I suspect Super7 will mostly stick with Mighty Morphin, and maybe Zeo, and that's it, since those will interest most older fans, causal fans, and/or people who only know of those eras and thought Power Rangers was done after Mighty Morphin or Zeo was done.  Even more for those who think Mighty Morphin is the only series that matter and everything else afterwards "Sucks".  I'm also curious if Super7 will do Megazords, regardless if they are 7" to fit with the 7" Monsters when they grow, or if they will do some taller/bigger scale ones(Like say 12", 14", 18", etc.) to give them that imposing look in a person's collection.

• Thanks 1

Last weekend we got our first look at the upcoming Ultimates 7" scale Power Rangers Goldar figure from Super7, and now we have a preview for the second figure in wave 1 which is the Tyrannosaurus DinoZord. The other 2 figures in the first wave will include Green Ranger, Yellow Ranger and Putty Patroller. Super7 says these figures will be going up for pre-order this coming Tuesday (6/29). So we should be getting detailed looks at all of them by then. Super7 has said all these figures will be in scale with one another including the Zords.

Ultimates-Power-Rangers-Tyrannosaurus.jpg

Oh I don't know how I missed this, That Goldar looks really good, Would I buy it,, nah I'll keep the lightning collection

,Interesting they are doing Tyranosaur Dinozord I presume it will be the same scale as the other figures, strange how they do that, but ah well.

• Thanks 1

Looks like an initial image showing off all the figures in Super7's first wave of Ultimates 7" scale Power Rangers has slipped out online ahead of the figures going up for pre-order later today. The wave includes the Tyrannosaurus DinoZord, Goldar, Green Ranger, Yellow Ranger and Putty Patroller. Look for more images and pre-order links to go live later on today.

Super7-Power-Rangers-Ultimates-Wave-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Super7 has released official images and details for their Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ULTIMATES Wave 1 figures. You can pre-order these now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore and each figure costs $55.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Green Ranger
Tommy Oliver first debuted as the evil sixth Ranger, controlled by Rita Repulsa, defeating the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the Megazord single handedly! It took the combined power of all five Power Rangers to break Rita Repulsa’s spell. With his free will returned, the Green Ranger could join the other Rangers in their fight against Rita Repulsa. Is Tommy still under her influence, or is he a loyal member of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers team? With this Green Ranger ULTIMATES! figure, it could go either way! This 7” scale highly articulated deluxe action figure comes with interchangeable heads - Good Tommy AND Evil Tommy! - multiple sets of hands, and a variety of accessories, including the Dragon Dagger, Dragon Shield, and so much more. Kick off your MMPR ULTIMATES! collection with the greatest Power Ranger of all time, the Green Ranger!

Accessories:
-Green Ranger Helmet
-Good Tommy Oliver Head
-Evil Tommy Oliver head
-2x Fists
-2x Gripping Hands
-2x Gripping Hands (vertical)
-2x Dagger Playing Hands
-2x Martial Arts Hands
-4 x Interchangeable Arms
-Dragon Dagger
-Dragon Dagger (classic toy inspired)
-Dragon Shield
-Dragon Shield (classic toy inspired)
-Blade Blaster (classic toy inspired)
-Sword of Power
-Sword of Darkness (with soft goods tassel)
-Mega Heater
-Open Power Morpher

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Yellow Ranger
The Yellow Ranger is an essential member of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. She never shies away from her fears, especially when a fellow Ranger is in trouble, or when Mr. Ticklesneezer magically comes alive! Trini Kwan was first to be chosen for the mantle of the Yellow Ranger, later transferring her powers to Aisha Campbell before leaving for the World Peace Summit.

This 7” scale highly articulated deluxe Yellow Ranger ULTIMATES! figure comes with interchangeable heads to honor both Trini and Aisha, along with multiple sets of hands, and a variety of accessories, including Power Daggers, Blade Blasters, Mr. Ticklesneezer, and so much more. Represent the Sabre-toothed Tiger by adding the Yellow Ranger ULTIMATES! Figure to your MMPR collection!

Accessories:
-Yellow Ranger Helmet
-Trini Kwan Head
-Aisha Campbell Head
-2x Fists
-2x Gripping Hands
-2x Martial Arts Hands
-2x Expressive Hands
-2x Power Daggers
-2x Power Daggers (classic toy inspired)
-Blade Blaster (classic toy inspired)
-Blade Blaster (Neutral)
-Blade Blaster (Blade)
-Blade Blaster (Gun)
-Power Crystal
-Deandra flowers
-Mr. Ticklesneezer
-Open Power Morpher

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Tyrannosaurus Dinozord
Piloted by the Red Ranger, the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord erupts from the earth to fight the evil forces of Rita Repulsa. This mighty zord is capable of taking on Rita Repulsa’s Evil Space Aliens one-on-one! In combat, it uses its tail to hold its body up and deliver a devastating kick, and one roar can vaporize any opponent. This highly detailed, fully articulated deluxe Tyrannosaurus Dinozord ULTIMATES! figure stands 8” tall (and even longer from head to tail!) and comes with a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories. It’s no tall “tail”- your MMPR collection calls for the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord ULTIMATES! figure!

Accessories:
-2x Red Ranger Miniatures
-2x Fists
-2x Gripping Hands
-2x Relaxed Hands
-Replica Tyrannosaurus Power Coin

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Goldar
The most powerful of the Evil Space Aliens, Goldar is a general in Rita Repulsa’s endless Putty Patrol Army, sporting battle armor and giant wings while wielding an impressive sword capable of bringing any opponent to their knees. As Goldar himself is prone to do, there’s a lot to boast about with this figure of the iconic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers bad guy. This highly detailed, fully articulated deluxe Goldar ULTIMATES! figure stands 8” tall and comes with a multitude of interchangeable parts and accessories, including his sword, Power Coin box, and Badges of Darkness. He’s ready to command those Putty Patrollers, so be sure to give the Goldar ULTIMATES! figure a prime spot in your MMPR collection!

Accessories:
-2 x Interchangeable Heads
-2x Fists
-2x Gripping Hands
-2x Expressive Hands
-2 x Extended Wings
-2 x Hidden Wings
-Sword
-5 x Badges of Darkness
-Power Coin Box

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Putty Patroller
Created from Finster’s Monster-Matic, the Putty Patrol is Rita Repulsa’s endless evil horde. They often accompany Rita’s Evil Space Aliens and provide backup for Goldar’s assaults on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Putties are able to adapt to any situation, sometimes absorbing another monster’s power to fight the Power Rangers. The 7” scale fully articulated Putty Patroller ULTIMATES! figure come with interchangeable heads and hands, soft goods clothing, and additional accessories that allow you to display them as seen in some of your favorite MMPR episodes. They may not be made out of clay like a real Putty Patroller, but at least it won’t explode when you hit its chest! Get your own Putty Patrol going by adding them to your MMPR collection today!

Accessories:
-2 x Interchangeable Heads
-Boulder Right Hand
-Blade Left Hand
-2x Fists
-2x Gripping Hands
-2x Expressive Hands
-Clown Collar (soft goods)

-Football Jersey (soft goods)
-Cowboy Hat
-Bandana
-Removable Z-Putty Vest
-2x Removable Z-Putty Knee Pads

UL-MMPR_W1_01.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_02.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_03.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_04.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_05.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_06.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_07.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_08.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_09.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_10.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_11.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_12.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_13.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_14.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_15.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_16.jpg

UL-MMPR_W1_17.jpg

• Thanks 1

These look pretty cool. Lots of accessories. I love how they come with all forms of the blade blaster. Not sure why Tommy needs two different sets of arms though?

I'm tempted on the Dinozord, but I'm all set on the lightning collection and I have the soul of chogokin megazord.

• Thanks 1

I'm tempted on getting the Green Ranger. But again I'm happy with the Hasbro offering. But it's a ton of stuff  and yes it's more than twice the price. 

Let's see Mezco's offer. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

if they weren't so expensive they would be a better offer than those from the lightning collection.

This is how I feel, although I also feel as though there is not point in going backwards now for me, since I am only missing Lightning collection Black Ranger, but in an Ideal world I'd have gotten these figures over LC (but then again in an ideal world these figures would be like half the price!), but who knows how long it will be before we see all of the rangers, Super7 goes pretty slow.

• Thanks 1

I'm content with Bandai's S.H. Figuarts Rangers. I have been adding the Hasbro Lightning Collection Villains to them.

Super7 Tyrannosaurus Dinozord will be a great addition as well. Hopefully we'll see all 5 Dinozords released with a deluxe Dragonzord.

I also might replace Hasbro's Goldar for the new Super7 version.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Uggh..one of the few times I have to give it up to Hasbro.. their Goldar was better!. Super7 has some real (unfortunate) soft details. If this was based in an animated series I'd be ok with that.. but its not.. so soft details look terrible.

Don't get me wrong both companies failed to get the look down. The people who build these suites take a lot if time and thought in the detail and silhouettes of the monsters. I hated power rangers as a teen. But always appreciated the unique monsters. 

I am very disappointed with the yellow ranger. From day 1 when they announced the first wave, I reached out 3 times to super7 about the yellow rangers Morpher being incorrect. I made comments on YouTube videos with the designer in it as well but it looks like it never got addressed. It's missing the black Morpher holder  (see every other ranger in all 3 waves) anyone else notice this?

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:18 AM, JS37 said:

I am very disappointed with the yellow ranger. From day 1 when they announced the first wave, I reached out 3 times to super7 about the yellow rangers Morpher being incorrect. I made comments on YouTube videos with the designer in it as well but it looks like it never got addressed. It's missing the black Morpher holder  (see every other ranger in all 3 waves) anyone else notice this?

They never address or admit to inaccuracies.

• Sad 1