New Star Trek Picard Season 2 Trailer Shows The Return Of Q

JayC

While the next season of Star Trek: Picard doesn't debut until sometime in 2022 on the Paramount streaming service, they have released a second teaser trailer for it. In this trailer we see actor John de Lancie return to Star Trek to reprise his role as the godly being known as Q. Oh yeah and Voyager's 7 Of 9 is there as well, returning from the first season of Picard. Looks like some good ol' time traveling havoc is gonna be one of the focal points for the story in season 2.

• Like 1

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today released an all-new teaser trailer for season two of its hit original series STAR TREK: PICARD, in celebration of Captain Picard Day. New teaser art for the upcoming season was also revealed.

Captain Picard Day is celebrated by "Star Trek" fans globally on June 16th in honor of a fictional annual event held aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise-D for the ship's schoolchildren, as seen in "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Jean-Luc Picard, portrayed by Patrick Stewart, served as the ship's captain.

STAR TREK: PICARD features Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and follows this iconic character into the next chapter of his life. The series is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. For season two, Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, Terry Matalas, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, Doug Aarniokoski and Dylan Massin serve as executive producers; Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout) and Kirsten Beyer serve as co-executive producers. Akiva Goldsman and Terry Matalas serve as co-showrunners for season two.

STAR TREK: PICARD season two cast members include Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Evan Evagora, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, Jeri Ryan, Orla Brady, John de Lancie and Brent Spiner.

star_trek_picard_ver14_xlg.jpg

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Akiva Goldsman and Terry Matalas serve as co-showrunners for season two.

I thought the first season was awful, and I don't know whether to be relieved that Michael Chabon is out or concerned that Akiva Goldsman is taking his place this coming season. I don't know what to expect from Terry Matalas. I'm not particularly familiar with his work. It's probably an asset that he worked on several Star Trek series prior to the Kurtzman era, albeit in a limited capacity.

• 2 months later...

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today unleashed a brand-new season two trailer for its hit original series STAR TREK: PICARD. The trailer also revealed that season two will premiere in February 2022 on Paramount+ in the U.S. In addition, it was shared that STAR TREK: PICARD has been renewed for a third season.

STAR TREK: PICARD, followed by a live performance of "Blue Skies" by Isa Briones, was the closing moment at Paramount+'s live-streamed Star Trek Day celebration. For those that missed today's live-stream, the Star Trek Day panels will be available on-demand on Paramount+'s YouTube Channel and on Paramount+.

STAR TREK: PICARD features Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and follows this iconic character into the next chapter of his life. The series is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. For season two, Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, Terry Matalas, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Aaron Baiers, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, Doug Aarniokoski and Dylan Massin serve as executive producers; and Kirsten Beyer serves as co-executive producer. Akiva Goldsman and Terry Matalas serve as co-showrunners for season two.

STAR TREK: PICARD season two cast members include Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Evan Evagora, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, Jeri Ryan, Orla Brady, John de Lancie, Annie Wersching and Brent Spiner.

• 4 months later...

Paramount+ has dropped a new trailer for Star Trek: Picard season 2 which premiers on the streaming service starting on March 3.

STAR TREK: PICARD features Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and follows this iconic character into the next chapter of his life. The series is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. For season two, Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, Terry Matalas, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Aaron Baiers, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, Doug Aarniokoski and Dylan Massin serve as executive producers; and Kirsten Beyer serves as co-executive producer. Akiva Goldsman and Terry Matalas serve as co-showrunners for season two.

STAR TREK: PICARD season two cast members include Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Evan Evagora, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, Jeri Ryan, Orla Brady, John de Lancie, Annie Wersching,Brent Spiner and Whoopi Goldberg.

picard-key-art.jpg

And now the return of Guinan, as well. I don't like the Borg Queen redesign, and I'm concerned that Brent Spiner with the beard isn't Alton Inigo Soong but yet another Soong ancestor, which nobody needs anymore. I guess it looks exciting, but so did the first season, which was pretty TERRIBLE and showed a fundamental misunderstanding of Trek from the producers/writers.
Oh well. Mrs. Satam still wants to watch it. I'll probably watch it with her as long as I can stand it.