$500 Playmobil 70548 Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Playset Coming In September

JayC

Playmobile is stepping up their game and going where no one has gone before with this new exclusive Star Trek Enterprise playset which will run you $499.99. The set is slated for release in September and is available for pre-order from Entertainment Earth. Check out the official description and images below.

Where's Captain Kirk? Why he's on the bridge of the Playmobil 70548 Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Playset! Quite possibly the biggest and most deluxe Playmobil playset created up to this point, this 42-inch long, 18-inch wide starship includes electronic lights and sounds that can be controlled by your smart device! It includes a display cradle, plus wire for ceiling suspension if that's your preferred means of display. The set includes a marvelous ship modeled after its appearance on the original series, plus figures and accessories. You'll get Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, Ensign Chekov, Lt. Uhura, Captain James T. Kirk, Mr. Spock, Lt. Sulu, and of course Chief Engineer Montgomery "Scott" Scotty. That's a lot of fun in one big box!

The saucer section of the Enterprise opens up to show a full 1966-style bridge play environment. What's more, the body of the ship opens up on the side to show you an engineering room. Other accessories and electronic surprises are coming as well, so don't miss the iconic ship!

136 pieces. Ages 10 and up.

-Electronic lights and sounds controlled by your smart device via an exclusive app!
-Includes seven unique figures - Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov!
-Opens up to reveal bridge and engineering play areas!
-Includes display stand and some of the equipment you'll need to suspend it from the ceiling!
-Starship Enterprise measures 42-inches long, 18-inches wide.

Playmobile-Star-Trek-01.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-02.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-03.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-04.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-05.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-06.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-07.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-08.jpg

Playmobile-Star-Trek-09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is an incredible looking set, and I'm not even a Star Trek fan. People might complain about the price but it will have light  up and sound features and it scales pretty good with the Playmobil figures. I think this is a bold move from Playmobil as they test the adult collector market with a big vehicle (and all the figures included).

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sonic360 said:

This is an incredible looking set, and I'm not even a Star Trek fan. People might complain about the price but it will have light  up and sound features and it scales pretty good with the Playmobil figures. I think this is a bold move from Playmobil as they test the adult collector market with a big vehicle (and all the figures included).

Im a huge Star Trek fan so this is tempting. Im not complaining about the price as in its not worth it, but plopping down $500 for one item is not something I can do easily, so I will likely have to pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Playmobil is always pricey, but this pricetag is nuts. The Ghostbusters Firehouse was at least this big and was like $100. 

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for an item like this, which is where most collectors top out at. You'd have to be both a super hardcore Trek collector and a super hardcore Playmobil collector to fork down that kinda cash. But if you're just one or the other, it's not going to get you to bite. And if you're even remotely casual, no dice.

Shame too, could be a fun set for my Minimates.

17 minutes ago, Newton said:

Playmobil is always pricey, but this pricetag is nuts. The Ghostbusters Firehouse was at least this big and was like $100. 

The Ghostbusters Firehouse is about 18" tall. The length of the Enterprise is more than twice that.  That said, I think the price is probably about $150 too much.

6 minutes ago, Satam said:

The Ghostbusters Firehouse is about 18" tall. The length of the Enterprise is more than twice that.  That said, I think the price is probably about $150 too much.

So it should be twice the price of the firehouse, not 5x. FWIW, I don't care. I'm sure Playmobil will get what they want out of it. But it seems a bit needlessly big and pricey for what it is. Everyone all crammed up inside there. 

The price is bonkers, anyway you slice it.

Playmobil does good stuff, but I'm not seeing the value here even if it's a really large piece. But to each his own.

Wow this is crazy wonderful, I'm not even a Trek fan in the slightest, but this is unmistakably cool, I would have loved this as a kid, the price tag is steep but it's certainly a collectors item so it's probably worth it to folks who desire this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really, Really Nice.....

$500 bucks..

It cost what it cost....

Maybe a.....

"coupon" day or something =^)

Like to know the ST licensing cost to Playmobil....

I mean look at the pic of "Kirk" on the box...

That got to cost!!!!

I get a visual of  "Shatner" screaming....

"I' m Captain Kirk dam it!!! Bigger Cut!!!" =^)

I have been looking at a lot of Playmobil stuff recently. It's all really cool stuff. I have a small collection. That enterprise is a beauty! Those old school fig styles are iconic but if they were more detailed articulated figures I might be more interested. 

• Thanks 1

This is pretty cool but not cool enough that I'd even attempt to get one. Nice to look at though.

I had some Playmobil Cowboys stuff when I was very young and loved those so I always enjoy seeing these new sets.

One from the Next Generation I think would be even cooler.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, JayC said:

Im a huge Star Trek fan so this is tempting. Im not complaining about the price as in its not worth it, but plopping down $500 for one item is not something I can do easily, so I will likely have to pass.

I'm kind of surprised it's that high. The delorian and eco one they've done have been pretty reasonable. I know this is a lot bigger, but it still seems like $500 is a bit more than it could be.