New Golden Axe 1/12 Figures And More From Storm Collectibles

JayC

This weekend a new Wonder Festival Shanghai event is taking place overseas where Storm Collectibles is on hand and showing off new product. Shown below are images of the booth from Storm Collectibles. Highlights include the following:

Shown are new Golden Axe 1/12 figures of Gilus Thunderhead & Chicken Leg as well as Tyris Flare.

For King Of Fighters we see the new 1/12 scale Orochi figure.

1/12 Scale Kengan Ashura Japanese manga series Ohma Tokita.

1/12 Scale Ultra Street Fighter 2 Zangief.

Finally it looks like they had some figures on display based on the Metal Slug video game.

196535281_4159279170777751_746914755330274165_n.jpg

194307026_4159278860777782_6801085078017055174_n.jpg

194005140_4159279027444432_2525124279094447655_n.jpg

192744371_4159278694111132_9010447840677357699_n.jpg

00.jpg

191816872_4159279114111090_2240206138699356126_n.jpg

196703288_4159278914111110_2978311687787541685_n.jpg

196732235_4159278984111103_712854765045664392_n.jpg

197336335_4159279087444426_3951802138594940214_n.jpg

197776619_4159278530777815_7557040160106439272_n.jpg

198578155_4159278644111137_3593801032279861209_n.jpg

198618216_4159279204111081_9211894238078383986_n.jpg

199814903_4159278537444481_3308455202123294644_n.jpg

WonderFestival2021-Storm-Collectibles 1.jpg

WonderFestival2021-Storm-Collectibles 2.jpg

WonderFestival2021-Storm-Collectibles 3.jpg

WonderFestival2021-Storm-Collectibles 4.jpg

WonderFestival2021-Storm-Collectibles 5.jpg

WonderFestival2021-Storm-Collectibles.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is always interesting to see what Storm offers, I suppose the proposed Fist of the North Star line is no longer, a shame.

The most interesting pieces in that exhibition are the Golden Axe and the Metal Slug figures, I never thought I'd see a line based on MS but is a shame that there won't be any vehicle on this scale.

Those Golden Axe figures, my goodness these look beautiful Tyris ! and Gilius, I love those, I wish I had bought the first figures in this line, I should have spent the money, I doubt I can easily back track and get the previous released GA figures, but the line is shaping up slowly to be so crazy good.

Golden Axe figures look perfect. Ax Battler is sold out everywhere unfortunately.

But I'm getting at least Tyris. My favorite character to okay in the game anyways.

It’s kinda disappointing there’s no classic Cammy and no Morrigan from Darkstalkers, seems like missed opportunity, and general trend of Storm not doing much female figures, which is sad because they clearly can do great job with female figures, and at least DarkStalkers Morrigan would be guaranteed big hit. 

HNNNNGGGG so much goodness. Orochi looks AMAZING.. and so do the Golden Axe figures. I only own 2 sets of the original skeletons for my mortal kombat stuff and they are awesome. I already collect too much of their lines so golden axe for the most part gets the "axe" for me to collect. Cant wait for that Evil Ryu and Gief to be released, they look so good! I wonder if Orochi will have a build an effect piece for the next KoF wave like they did Rugal. Also I find it awesome to see Metal Slug figs but also weird because I have not seen storm officially announce they were doing the license. The tiny picture of the figs makes them not look like storm standard fair in design and doesnt look like they are displayed with any other storm stuff which makes me question the validity of them being storm. 

23 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

It is always interesting to see what Storm offers, I suppose the proposed Fist of the North Star line is no longer, a shame.

The most interesting pieces in that exhibition are the Golden Axe and the Metal Slug figures, I never thought I'd see a line based on MS but is a shame that there won't be any vehicle on this scale.

I would not give up hope on FotNS... They show stuff years before it ever goes anywhere sometimes. Both Unmasked Sub Zero from mortal kombat and Jin from Tekken were shown years before they ever were officially released this year. Also I wouldnt put it past the developer to do an actual Metal Slug tank in the future if the line gets big enough. 

9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

It’s kinda disappointing there’s no classic Cammy and no Morrigan from Darkstalkers, seems like missed opportunity, and general trend of Storm not doing much female figures, which is sad because they clearly can do great job with female figures, and at least DarkStalkers Morrigan would be guaranteed big hit. 

Morrigan is planned next after Demitri. I wouldnt expect her to show up just yet but id imagine soon. They actually have alot of female characters planned coming out. Juri Han from Street Fighter 5, Blue Mary and Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters just to name some off to top of my head. They have Nakoruru coming for samurai shodown as well. I think they are just really trying to tweak their female sculpts more. 

1 hour ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

Storm collectibles always does great stuff. I love the Golden axe stuff it has such a cool 80s fantasy vibe to it. I'd love to get some of those skeletons some day.

They are some of the coolest and highest quality skeleton figures Ive ever seen. They are well worth their asking price and I highly suggest snagging them if you ever get a chance to! 

• Like 1

EDIT: Storm is not making those Metal Slug figures, Its Tunshi Studio thats making them. 

May be an image of toyNo photo description available.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FASVB said:

Golden Axe figures look perfect. Ax Battler is sold out everywhere unfortunately.

But I'm getting at least Tyris. My favorite character to okay in the game anyways.

@Lord_Scareglow (sorry the quoting is being weird but this pertains to your response too) 

If you dont mine spending about $150 on him, Megasales.toys has him for $120 with $30 shipping since they are from Hong Kong. They are legit as I was able to get my Rugal from them. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

EDIT: Storm is not making those Metal Slug figures, Its Tunshi Studio thats making them. 

May be an image of toyNo photo description available.

Thanks for the clarification, buddy, I didn't know about that company. I had not been able to see the figures in detail and now I see that they are clothed figures and the amount of accessories is interesting. 

Are they on the 1/12th scale?.

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Thanks for the clarification, buddy, I didn't know about that company. I had not been able to see the figures in detail and now I see that they are clothed figures and the amount of accessories is interesting. 

Are they on the 1/12th scale?.

I didnt either, a member from a storm fb group im a part of clarified on a post i put up about them. I didnt think they were storm since they didnt advertise it and its not displayed with any other storm figures. They also dont really use cloth goods like that and their articulation is much different. I am not sure what scale they are. 

11 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

@Lord_Scareglow (sorry the quoting is being weird but this pertains to your response too) 

If you dont mine spending about $150 on him, Megasales.toys has him for $120 with $30 shipping since they are from Hong Kong. They are legit as I was able to get my Rugal from them. 

Yeah thats American so it's going to be almost 200 for me in CAD with shipping, and thats hoping no duty charges, it's still a tough sell, I really do want this whole line though Golden Axe is one of my favorite Game franchises of all time, I appreciate the guidance though. 

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah thats American so it's going to be almost 200 for me in CAD with shipping, and thats hoping no duty charges, it's still a tough sell, I really do want this whole line though Golden Axe is one of my favorite Game franchises of all time, I appreciate the guidance though. 

welcome man, im guessing after the initial 148CAD, the shipping is another 50CAD? Its the one thing thats rough about collecting Storm figs, if you wait on them, you end up paying far more later on or end up not getting them entirely. I had to suck it up alittle to get Rugal since hes over $150 anywhere that still has him so at least it was cheaper than that. All Storm figures seem to just raise in price once they sell out, its crazy. At least you can potentially get Gillius and Tyris and maybe Death Adder if you fancy them. The Skellys are also friggin amazing. 

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

welcome man, im guessing after the initial 148CAD, the shipping is another 50CAD? Its the one thing thats rough about collecting Storm figs, if you wait on them, you end up paying far more later on or end up not getting them entirely. I had to suck it up alittle to get Rugal since hes over $150 anywhere that still has him so at least it was cheaper than that. All Storm figures seem to just raise in price once they sell out, its crazy. At least you can potentially get Gillius and Tyris and maybe Death Adder if you fancy them. The Skellys are also friggin amazing. 

Yeah I still am always holding out that eventually we can actually go back to Toy Cons here in Canada, that's where the best deals for items from Storm are to be had, which is where I'd probably consider trying to get these figs, I'd hope soon, I really miss damn Cons/Shows

but Tyris is my favorite character from GA so I'm actually probably going to buy her and some Skeletons, because even if I don't have everyone I can have some.

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I still am always holding out that eventually we can actually go back to Toy Cons here in Canada, that's where the best deals for items from Storm are to be had, which is where I'd probably consider trying to get these figs, I'd hope soon, I really miss damn Cons/Shows

but Tyris is my favorite character from GA so I'm actually probably going to buy her and some Skeletons, because even if I don't have everyone I can have some.

Wow you get deals at cons? All I ever get is low balls and jacked up prices.. tho I am in an area with alot of scalper activity so I guess theres that. 

And thats right, Id take what I can get if I cant get it all, at least get the favorite character. Those silver skellys arent too much different from the white ones. Hell even the red ones are pretty sweet. I would imagine each character is going to hit above 100 in our currencies since they all come with mounts. 

28 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Wow you get deals at cons? All I ever get is low balls and jacked up prices.. tho I am in an area with alot of scalper activity so I guess theres that. 

And thats right, Id take what I can get if I cant get it all, at least get the favorite character. Those silver skellys arent too much different from the white ones. Hell even the red ones are pretty sweet. I would imagine each character is going to hit above 100 in our currencies since they all come with mounts. 

Yeah cons were always great, I mean not always is there a deal to be found, but I have found decades worth of success in haggling and bundling, and of course skipping the shipping charges and exchange rates.

and yes this is true the mounts are going to for certain make these expensive pieces, I totally can vibe with that, because the beasts alone are probably worth 45+ , with that in mind I would love to see these figures released without them, at a lower price point, I do love getting the mounts but I don't feel a massive need for them personally, they look great though but just having the characters on their own would be suffice, now with all this Golden Axe talk I got the great desire to go hammer out a session in GA 2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah cons were always great, I mean not always is there a deal to be found, but I have found decades worth of success in haggling and bundling, and of course skipping the shipping charges and exchange rates.

and yes this is true the mounts are going to for certain make these expensive pieces, I totally can vibe with that, because the beasts alone are probably worth 45+ , with that in mind I would love to see these figures released without them, at a lower price point, I do love getting the mounts but I don't feel a massive need for them personally, they look great though but just having the characters on their own would be suffice, now with all this Golden Axe talk I got the great desire to go hammer out a session in GA 2

Hammer away. Ha. 

• 2 weeks later...
We first saw this figure on display earlier this month at WonderFestival, and now Storm Collectibles has released the first official image for their upcoming 1/12 scale Golden Axe Gilus Thunderhead & Chicken Leg figure. Stay-tuned for more images and details to be released soon.

Golden-Axe-Gilius-01.jpg

He looks awesome, he ll look awesome to those collecting the line. I would if I could. Altho I do have 2 sets of skellys which are amazing. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

It looks great, now if you just re-issued the Battle Axer with the Dragon or the skeletons pack we could talk about it.

definitely wont happen, but they are at least bringing out different versions of the skellies. The fun in collecting imports/storm stuff. 

Golden Axe looks awesome, but I don't think I would pick up nonetheless. Hoping for more MK releases like Lui Kang himself or Shang Tsung! Would love to know when injustice Batman and Superman would drop for a preorder.