Jump to content

Netflix's 'Castlevania' Universe Is Getting Even Bigger With New Series Announcement


Recommended Posts

Netflix Geeked announced the new Castlevania series that will centered around Richter Belmont (the son of Sypha and Trevor) and Maria Renard, set in 1792 France during the French Revolution.

Powerhouse Animation will continue to partner on the new Castlevania series as the animation studio with Sam and Adam Deats directing.

 

Castlevania_Announcement.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are they preparing the ground for the Symphony of the Night adaptation that Adi Shankar mentioned in an interview given after the premiere of the second season?, who knows, definitely it will be his version of Rondo of Blood. I thought if they continued to expand this Bootleg/Netflixvenia universe, the next protagonist would be Simon Belmont, after all, he is the best known Belmont, the protagonist of the first game and chronologically it would make more sense. Anyway, I will look forward to this spin off.

Lastly, I hope with this spin off coming some other company better than DST acquires the license and we have decent figures.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I overall enjoyed the castlevania netflix series. It wasnt spot on to original games stuff but it had a enough fun mix that it wasnt horrible like some other adaptations to games are. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Lastly, I hope with this spin off coming some other company better than DST acquires the license and we have decent figures.

From your mouth to God's ears, a well done line of figures based on the Castlevania games would be a dream come true for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

. . . Whomever it was who wrote this press copy is a complete moron. (The OP, not the TNI poster)
<P>
The original Castlevania series says, quite specifically in the VERY FIRST EPISODE, that it takes place in 1476.  (Lisa met Dracula in 1455, she was burned in 1475, and Trevor, Sypha, and Alucard killed Dracula a year later.)
<P>
If this new series takes place in 1792, during the French Revolution, there is ZERO @#$%ING WAY ON GOD'S EARTH Richter is Trevor and Sypha's son. *LMAO*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Batman1701 said:

. . . Whomever it was who wrote this press copy is a complete moron. (The OP, not the TNI poster)
<P>
The original Castlevania series says, quite specifically in the VERY FIRST EPISODE, that it takes place in 1476.  (Lisa met Dracula in 1455, she was burned in 1475, and Trevor, Sypha, and Alucard killed Dracula a year later.)
<P>
If this new series takes place in 1792, during the French Revolution, there is ZERO @#$%ING WAY ON GOD'S EARTH Richter is Trevor and Sypha's son. *LMAO*

Holy hole in a donut, Batman!

You solved the case!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Holy hole in a donut, Batman!

You solved the case!

🤔😅 . . . Not sure if that was meant honestly or mockingly, but you know what, I'ma take it as a positive! *LOL*
<P>
For what it's worth (but also, avoiding spoilers), there obviously IS an in-universe way that Richter could still be their kid (that rhymes with "intimate toreador"), but that would be SUCH a cop-out cheap solution, and it would negate the victory at the end of the series, AND would specifically preclude the existence of all the intermediate Belmonts of the game canon (particularly a little-known guy named SIMON), so I find it absurd that they'd decide to go THAT route.
<P>
So, I can only hope the Netflix Geeked OP was just plain stupid wrong about this, and it's not actually some timey-wimey bull$#!+. *sigh*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

🤔😅 . . . Not sure if that was meant honestly or mockingly, but you know what, I'ma take it as a positive! *LOL*
<P>
For what it's worth (but also, avoiding spoilers), there obviously IS an in-universe way that Richter could still be their kid (that rhymes with "intimate toreador"), but that would be SUCH a cop-out cheap solution, and it would negate the victory at the end of the series, AND would specifically preclude the existence of all the intermediate Belmonts of the game canon (particularly a little-known guy named SIMON), so I find it absurd that they'd decide to go THAT route.
<P>
So, I can only hope the Netflix Geeked OP was just plain stupid wrong about this, and it's not actually some timey-wimey bull$#!+. *sigh*

You can never put it past these kind of adaptations. Usually only loosely following the source material and making up their own things as they go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

🤔😅 . . . Not sure if that was meant honestly or mockingly, but you know what, I'ma take it as a positive! *LOL*
<P>
For what it's worth (but also, avoiding spoilers), there obviously IS an in-universe way that Richter could still be their kid (that rhymes with "intimate toreador"), but that would be SUCH a cop-out cheap solution, and it would negate the victory at the end of the series, AND would specifically preclude the existence of all the intermediate Belmonts of the game canon (particularly a little-known guy named SIMON), so I find it absurd that they'd decide to go THAT route.
<P>
So, I can only hope the Netflix Geeked OP was just plain stupid wrong about this, and it's not actually some timey-wimey bull$#!+. *sigh*

Not making fun of you at all but giving you props...

I read what you wrote twice and said to myself if Netflix bothered to check on their dates.  I suggest sending Netflix and twitter message and seeing if they caught this mistake?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Not making fun of you at all but giving you props...

I read what you wrote twice and said to myself if Netflix bothered to check on their dates.  I suggest sending Netflix and twitter message and seeing if they caught this mistake?

No worries! 👍 Like I said, I took it as such! 🙂
<P>
As for Twitter, I've never signed up and I never will.  I try my best to avoid the hellscape that is MOST social media. *LOL* But by all means, anyone else is free to drop them a line and cite this post about their little math error!
<P>
Personally, I'm PRETTY sure that the guy who wrote the original tweet ad image . . . thing (?) was just making up stuff as they typed, i.e. "I was told 1792 French Revolution, and it's some guy named Belmont, must be their kid, right? Dur-hur!" and that's NOT actually the route they're taking with the adaptation.  Assuming it's just a communication error combined with some dope who never actually watched the show writing the press release.  I HOPE, anyway! 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE