Nacelle Company Acquires Robo Force From Toyfinity - New TV Series And Figures In The Works

JayC

The Nacelle Company (The Toys That Made Us) has acquired the 1980s property Robo Force from toy company Toyfinity . They have commissioned a script for a new TV series and have plans to start producing new toys for the property. Look for the series to be out in mid-2022.

Nacelle-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was discussing this toyline with my cousins not but a few days ago and was wondering if any toy companies were gonna try to cash in on the nostalgia market with it. I hope these things are done as awesomely well as the Masters of the Universe Origins line with a perfect mix of old school stylings with upgraded articulation. Can't wait to see the first update.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

As we reported to you back in June, The Nacelle Company (The Toys That Made Us) acquired the 1980s property Robo Force from toy company Toyfinity . They have commissioned a script for a new TV series and have plans to start producing new toys for the property. Today they have given us our first look at the new toys with Robo Force's Hun-Dred. Coming 2022 to a toy store near you.

Robo-Force.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 11:20 AM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I'm interested to see what they do with these. I wasn't  too big into this line as a kid, I think I had one or two but they were pretty cool.

I had a couple of these as a kid also. Here's hoping this line is popular enough to bring out several waves. A TV series would be interesting, but we'll see if that goes anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JayC said:

As we reported to you back in June, The Nacelle Company (The Toys That Made Us) acquired the 1980s property Robo Force from toy company Toyfinity . They have commissioned a script for a new TV series and have plans to start producing new toys for the property. Today they have given us our first look at the new toys with Robo Force's Hun-Dred. Coming 2022 to a toy store near you.

Robo-Force.jpg

I bet there will be a Netflix show of it...😀✌️

• 5 months later...

The Nacelle Company, the studio behind Netflix’s The Toys That Made Us, The Movies That Made Us, A Toy Store Near You, and Behind The Attraction on Disney+ are excited to announce the first wave of Robo Force 7.5 inch collectible action figures will be available to pre-order for $49.99 on NacelleStore.com starting April 22, 2022! After spending the last year acquiring nostalgic IPs like The Great Garloo, Power Lords, Big Loo and the legendary Marx Toys brand, Nacelle is kicking off their first wave of Robo Force action figures with highly detailed and fully articulated versions of Maxx Steele and Wrecker.

In 2021, Nacelle Company announced its acquisition of the beloved 80s franchise, Robo Force, with plans to reintroduce the characters through a television series, books and other lifestyle products. Now, less than a year later, the company is revealing the first images of the Robo Force action figure line created by renowned toy designer, David Vonner. Painstaking detail was used to make sure that Robo Force’s rich history should be taken seriously, yet updated with modern aesthetics meant to broaden the audience.

Robo Force’s Maxx Steele and Wrecker return as part of Nacelle’s Very Important Toy Line of 7.5-inch scale figures. These deluxe, fully articulated, 7.5” figures feature beautiful package art, alongside its own collector-friendly window box.

Maxx Steele was destined to be the latest and greatest in law enforcement (he was literally built to do it), but on the day before his first patrol, the UTOPIA101 line was revealed to the world. Maxx Steele was quietly reassigned to the traffic beat. Despite his best efforts to conform, Maxx Steele's passion for crime fighting, along with a growing distrust of the UTOPIA line, leads Maxx down a path into other, unauthorized, lines of police work. This will create problems. A LOT of problems.

Wrecker was built to be the jack-of-all-trades for the ROBO FORCE line; he has a tool for every occasion. Sadly, due to the rise of the UTOPIA101 line, those occasions never occurred. Reassigned to use his staggering strength and empathy codex to do the most mundane jobs in the basement of Police Rhombus HQ, Wrecker eventually teams up with Maxx Steele to help protect the innocent, and keep an eye on the increasingly erratic UTOPIA Force (as well as Hun-Dred and his evil minions).

Nacelle Company’s Robo Force revival proves that nostalgic public interest in the franchise is higher than it’s ever been and this is the perfect time to reintroduce Robo Force to a new generation of fans and collectors.

“Of all the IP’s we’ve been buying, we wanted to launch our toy division with Robo Force because not only are they fun and iconic, but due to them being crushed at Toy Fair in 1984 by another line of charismatic transforming robots, we wanted to give them their due with a reimagined storyline and high end redesigns. But don’t despair lovers of the 80’s version, our new figures will of course have the infamous suction cups, but these will be attached to something the originals never had; legs!” said Nacelle Company Founder and CEO, Brian Volk-Weiss.

Product Features include:

-7.5-inch scale (19.05 cm)
-Injection Molded Action Figure
-Highly Detailed
-Fully Articulated
-Reimagined from the classic Robo Force™ line
-Part of The Nacelle Company’s Very Important Toy Line

The pre-sale for Wave Two, which will include Hun-Dred and SOTA will be announced later in the year.

robo force hi_res.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I had only one of these as a kid but as an adult collector I’ve gone back and bought all the figures and the playset.  The thing is I feel like a) I’m not sure how much nostalgia there is for this brand in general and b) with other brands of the era I feel like a lot of the love for those lines was driven by characters and stories— but with Robo Force the nostalgia that exists (to whatever limited degree it does) is not for the characters, it’s for form factor of the toys themselves.  With other vintage lines, yes, some of us might be specifically nostalgic for the 5POA Star Wars form, or the O-Ring style Joes, or the spring loaded MASK vehicles but a large chunk of our love/nostalgia are driven by the love for the characters.  Thus when you take Luke, Snake Eyes, He-Man, Optimus, Lion-O, Matt Tracker, Leonardo, etc. and make them in a new more modern style and form factor much of what we love and are nostalgic for is still in tact.  With Robo Force I feel like 99% of the nostalgia that exists is about that simple boxy, springy arm, suction cup base form factor that kids of the era would play with.  So by losing that form factor for a more modern, more typical action figure robot design I think you’ve lost a large chunk of what might have made an audience nostalgic about this brand.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 4:43 AM, ghostbogey said:

Cool....

However......

No extra "Fig Dough" to spare for them....

Will watch the show tho...

This is me right now. I have so much pre-order out right now and so many late or no-shows it's like an every day adventure. I'll sit back and see how they turn out.

I loved this line as a kid. Unfortunately these hit around the time my interests were switching from toys to girls, so I had them but they more or less just sat in my closet. Wish I knew where they were at today.

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, Gold1983 said:

Mattel has made some great toys, but man, their management leaves a lot to be desired. 

Yeah.....they didn't help themselves with that dust-up over their Jurassic Park line with youtubers Andy's Dino Reviews and Collect Jurassic. But going from the prehistoric to the future, this robot line might be something I'd look at. I'm interested to research more about this Robo Force.

• Thanks 1

This sounds like Mattel might've been considering bringing it back in some capacity (mattel creations?) and this coming to their attention resulting in knee jerk reactions from clueless lawyers.