Super7 today teased G.I. Joe with this graphic they posted to social media and the date of July 15, 2021. Super7 is no stranger to G.I. Joe has they have previous done a 11" Cyborg Cobra B.A.T. V1 figure.

We also told you last week how they would in fact be doing 3.75" G.I. Joe ReAction figures which is quit possibly what today's post is teasing. Some however are wondering if they might also do any 7" Ultimates G.I. Joe figures? We have not seen anything at this time that suggests they will, however they are doing Ultimates figures for other Hasbro brands including Transformers and Power Rangers. We have yet to see any of Super7's Ultimates Power Ranger figures, but the company has confirmed they are coming. So will Ultimates 7" G.I. Joe figures also be in the works? Only time will tell.

Super7-GIJoe.jpg

I would be very excited to see Ultimates GI Joe but as far as this announcement is concerned I'm pretty sure this is going to be Reaction figures.  Either way I'll be interested to see what happens. 

If I'm not mistaken, on the fwoosh interview, July 15th was the date that Brian teased that they were going to unveil a "brain melting" property. So is this it?

Hmm, everyone seems to want to make stuff based on GI Joe, some with actually more care than Hasbro itself...I don't know if we'll see GI Joe Ultimates, it would be competition for the Classified line itself, but what do I know.

57 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I don't know if we'll see GI Joe Ultimates, it would be competition for the Classified line itself, but what do I know.

But how is that different from them doing Ultimates Power Rangers that competition for Lightning Collection?

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, JayC said:

But how is that different from them doing Ultimates Power Rangers that competition for Lightning Collection?

My guess the reason Hasbro allows Super7 to do these Ultimates besides Hasbro making money from it, they are 7" scale as opposed to 6", they cost twice as much and they are likely never to see the light of day at places like Walmart and Target. They are basically only sold online so it doesn't directly complete with Hasbro's 6" mass market lines.

• Thanks 1

If these are ultimates they'll be cheaper than the cobra island figures😂.

I'm gonna stick with hasbro, but excited to see what this is.

• Thanks 1

Going by Super 7's other Ultimates figures: the thing that will mainly distinguish these from the Classified Series, most likely, is that they will pretty much look like 1/12 scale versions of the original toys, relatively soft detail and all.

• Thanks 1