Super7 Teases G.I. Joe

JayC

Super7 today teased G.I. Joe with this graphic they posted to social media and the date of July 15, 2021. Super7 is no stranger to G.I. Joe has they have previous done a 11" Cyborg Cobra B.A.T. V1 figure.

We also told you last week how they would in fact be doing 3.75" G.I. Joe ReAction figures which is quit possibly what today's post is teasing. Some however are wondering if they might also do any 7" Ultimates G.I. Joe figures? We have not seen anything at this time that suggests they will, however they are doing Ultimates figures for other Hasbro brands including Transformers and Power Rangers. We have yet to see any of Super7's Ultimates Power Ranger figures, but the company has confirmed they are coming. So will Ultimates 7" G.I. Joe figures also be in the works? Only time will tell.

Super7-GIJoe.jpg

I would be very excited to see Ultimates GI Joe but as far as this announcement is concerned I'm pretty sure this is going to be Reaction figures.  Either way I'll be interested to see what happens. 

57 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I don't know if we'll see GI Joe Ultimates, it would be competition for the Classified line itself, but what do I know.

But how is that different from them doing Ultimates Power Rangers that competition for Lightning Collection?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JayC said:

But how is that different from them doing Ultimates Power Rangers that competition for Lightning Collection?

My guess the reason Hasbro allows Super7 to do these Ultimates besides Hasbro making money from it, they are 7" scale as opposed to 6", they cost twice as much and they are likely never to see the light of day at places like Walmart and Target. They are basically only sold online so it doesn't directly complete with Hasbro's 6" mass market lines.

• Thanks 1

If these are ultimates they'll be cheaper than the cobra island figures😂.

I'm gonna stick with hasbro, but excited to see what this is.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, obs said:

A friend of mine IRL said someone over on the He-Man.org forums just "leaked" that the mind-melting announcement from Super7 in mid-July is going to be the official announcement of GI Joe Ultimates. No proof was given, but the user that stated this has a history of leaking Super7 lines that haven't been announced yet, so assuming this to be the case then they are probably associated with the company or know someone who does and are letting us know what to expect. I guess they mentioned it casually in a conversation, and then were directly asked about it via private message, and the information was "confirmed" as true. So, basically if this announcement happens in July, the  info was anecdotally leaked in late June. It only makes sense given the Reaction line that's coming and the fact they usually release their licensed properties under both figure lines.

I don't know if it was stated what they'll be modeled after, but it'll either be modernized updates of the 80s/90s toy line like TMNT Ultimates or after the Sunbow show itself like everything else. It'll have to be since Hasbro is going the modernized, tweaked redesign route with Classified in 6" scale. I doubt Brian Flynn would want to do a 7" redesign line especially since there really is no strong history of doing that before. They are all about nostalgia and presenting things the way they were but in a modern presentation. It has potential to be a huge line (as well as Reaction given MOTU reaction around 70-80 figs before the license got taken away), since I know they've got 16 Thundercats Ultimates planned (and counting), so I have no doubt it'll be a hugely popular line and  could be dozens of figures by the time it's all said and done. It's fun to speculate on anyway. I'm guessing Hasbro is letting them get away with it given the price per figure is roughly double because if it was the same that would likely kill their Classified line.

They for sure will go for the cartoon look like they been doing with other licenses... It will be interesting to see them. I been supporting Super 7 since MOTU... I just got my wife 2 weeks ago a lot of the Peanuts figures when I visit in person the San Francisco Super 7 store...😀😀😁