McFarlane Toys Justice League 2021 Batman Platinum Edition Official Image - And Tons More Rumored Multiverse And Mortal Kombat Listings

JayC

We first told you about this one last week, and now Todd McFarlane has posted a video officially revealing their upcoming Target exclusive DC Multiverse 7" Batman Year 2 Todd McFarlane Art Inspired Batman which will go up for pre-order tomorrow (9/3) at 8am CDT.

The figure will have a big giant Todd McFarlane art style cape as well as interchangeable arms and a soft-goods cape. The figure is based on his art from the Batman Year 2 DC Comics storyline. You also get a display base. Besides that they will have around 1000 pieces which will include a Todd McFarlane autographed art card. These will be offered like a chase figure and it will be marked on the front of the box that it has an autograph card. No word on price for this set but we should learn that tomorrow as well as get the official images when it goes up for pre-order on the Target website.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=412702783560561

Batman-Year-2 1.jpg

Batman-Year-2 2.jpg

Batman-Year-2 3.jpg

Batman-Year-2 4.jpg

Batman-Year-2 5.jpg

Batman-Year-2 6.jpg

Batman-Year-2 7.jpg

Batman-Year-2 8.jpg

Batman-Year-2 9.jpg

Batman-Year-2 10.jpg

Batman-Year-2 11.jpg

Batman-Year-2.jpg

• Like 1

I've got a new found respect for McFarlane. He finally turned that corner when had actually decided to put action into his action figures. I think he's finally found that comfortable balance between toys and art. It's just a damn shame he's so Batman-centric and he insists on that 7" scale that really doesn't scale with many of the mainstream lines, especially not Marvel Legends.

As far as the the comics, although I hold him and his cohorts largely responsible for the state of the comics industry today I do enjoy what he's doing with Spawn. No editorializing, no politics or self inserting idealisms, just a good story with interesting characters and he's kicking some major ayass right now. I'm interested to see what the rest of the Spawnverse has in store. He's put himself in place to be the modern day Stan Lee. I wonder if his contract with DC Multiverse will sour if and when the Spawnverse starts to put DC and Marvel out of business.

Damn shame what happened to that Jim Lee guy.

Shown below is a better look at the recently announced DC Multiverse 7" Batman Year 2 figure from McFarlane Toys which is being released as a Target store exclusive. The figure is based on Todd McFarlane artwork and features alternate arms and two capes, one hard plastic and the other soft goods. You also get the graveyard display base and there will be around 1k of these that have a Todd McFarlane autographed art card included with it.

The set goes up for pre-order at 9am ET which is just under an hour, though with Target it could go up sooner or even later. The landing page for it can be found here.

Batman-Year-2-01.jpg

Batman-Year-2-02.jpg

Shown below is a better look at the recently announced DC Multiverse 7" Batman Year 2 figure from McFarlane Toys which is being released as a Target store exclusive. The figure is based on Todd McFarlane artwork and features alternate arms and two capes, one hard plastic and the other soft goods. You also get the graveyard display base. This is available now for pre-order at Target. The cost is $49.99

The version with the autographed Todd McFarlane art card which sold for $79.99 and was said to be limted to around 1k pieces has already SOLD OUT.

Batman-Year-2-01.jpg

Batman-Year-2-02.jpg

Batman-Year-2-03.jpg

Batman-Year-2-04.jpg

Batman-Year-2-05.jpg

Batman-Year-2-06.jpg

Batman-Year-2-07.jpg

Batman-Year-2-08.jpg

Batman-Year-2-09.jpg

Batman-Year-2-10.jpg

10 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

He's put himself in place to be the modern day Stan Lee. I wonder if his contract with DC Multiverse will sour if and when the Spawnverse starts to put DC and Marvel out of business.

Lol, Spawn has been around for about 30 years now. I was reading it back when it first launched and had a huge impact on the comics world. It didn’t come close to putting the big two out of business then; the odds are virtually zero that it’s going to now. 

I just pre-ordered 2, I may be in the minority here but I really love that over exaggerated cape, it's so......Todd. Was a big fan of the Year 2 storyline and so was a no Brainer, glad this figure is here. Don't fell bad about the signed version sellout since I already have a Todd signed plate that came with the Kickstarter Trilogy 3 pack. I think this Batman will go great with the Classic Kickstarter Spawn, I'll call it the capes a plenty shelf.

Love this new year 2 Batman- it looks much like todd's artwork on how this Batman looks, and he looks stunning. Glad I preordered him and woke up early enough to do so, and I'm not usually an early bird! Funny how it does not say shipping date estimate, but can't wait to have him whenever he becomes available. Some people are still saying this is the NYCC exclusive from Todd this year. And by now on this thread, we know some rumored stuff to be true. power suit Luthor- and blue one with throne on top of that, Superboy Prime, and Lobo. Hope reverse Flash is up next! 

9 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

The cape and base are look cool but I don't like that he refuses the other other Batman's body.

which Batman are you referring to? 1000 Bats? Yeah, I kind of see like from the waist down- it almost looks like the mid torso piece is too, but the 1000 is shaped differently than this one, but still same principle. And yeah I don't like that either, but I was ok with the 1000 fig. 

While no release date was given by Target last week when they put up for pre-order the DC Multiverse Target Exclusive Batman Year 2 figure, I did get an email this morning from Target saying my figure was delayed. I actually got two. The first one said September 9, and then the second one said September 24. When you look at the figure on the website it still doesn't list any kind of release date, and since the date seems to be changing I am going to treat the 24th date as tentative at best. Still looks like at least those who were able to pre-order it might see it in hand by end of month or early next month.

14 hours ago, JayC said:

While no release date was given by Target last week when they put up for pre-order the DC Multiverse Target Exclusive Batman Year 2 figure, I did get an email this morning from Target saying my figure was delayed. I actually got two. The first one said September 9, and then the second one said September 24. When you look at the figure on the website it still doesn't list any kind of release date, and since the date seems to be changing I am going to treat the 24th date as tentative at best. Still looks like at least those who were able to pre-order it might see it in hand by end of month or early next month.

Hey Jay-C, yes I had the same issue happen to me too! Got two emails first it was the 24th for me then the 2nd one said the 9th, for me it was in reverse! I have gone online to see Sept 16th as a new estimated release date. Just next thursday possibly! Unless another delay. I hope Target gets a target date right lol. 

Target again delayed my preordered McFarlane art Bat figure for the 2nd time this morning.  As per usual with Target, delay numerous times and then "sorry we could not fill your order and it's canceled."  Fully expected.   

3 minutes ago, TheGrimeyGhost said:

Target again delayed my preordered McFarlane art Bat figure for the 2nd time this morning.  As per usual with Target, delay numerous times and then "sorry we could not fill your order and it's canceled."  Fully expected.   

Same here.  Hard to see how a limited number of figures can get back ordered.

Crappy store as always and Todd keeps acting like a douche with these exclusives.  He seems oblivious to the issue.
Anyway, not falling for it again.

Damn they went all out that base and pose that makes the cape look as if it's blowing in the wind is amazing I'd display Batman just like that ifI owned this

Got an email from target asking me to approve of their delivery date being delayed LMAO! I don't really approve of it, not sure why they even have such a feature but, whatever, I knew this was going to happen. McFarlane toys is like snake bit. Delays, scaling issues, QC issues with figs, the ridiculous repaints or repackaging of items too often, no weapons or guns at least with some characters, idk man.  I still like the line but I think these things need to be fixed or addressed. In any event, Oct 1st isn't too far away. 

• Like 1