G.I. Joe ReAction Figures Coming From Super7

JayC

1 hour ago, deecee4 said:

Also the reveal is supposed to be the 15th right? Not the 17th, unless that's been changed.

It hasn't changed. The caption on both Twitter and FB for the photo of Timber says, "This good boy can’t wait for July 15th!"

• Thanks 1

Is that a painting of the figure complete with articulation elements showing or is the combo of the fur sculpt and the paint style give it a painterly look? At first I thought it was an illustration in front of the traditional explosion graphic like the 80s line and the current Retro, but the balljoints and joints screams this is the real figure. Not sure why they'd release a painting of the figure, so this must be the figure. I guess the explosion and the way it's lit is screwing with my eyes and it looks like a painting of the Timber fig and not the fig itself. I kind of like that look, although I'd need to see it on a human, too.

Timber looks pretty toonish, so I guess this line will probably be more so based off the Joe Cartoon, and not the original toy line, which is kinda cool, actually very excited to see what these figures look like.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hainrs said:

Is that a painting of the figure complete with articulation elements showing or is the combo of the fur sculpt and the paint style give it a painterly look? At first I thought it was an illustration in front of the traditional explosion graphic like the 80s line and the current Retro, but the balljoints and joints screams this is the real figure. Not sure why they'd release a painting of the figure, so this must be the figure. I guess the explosion and the way it's lit is screwing with my eyes and it looks like a painting of the Timber fig and not the fig itself. I kind of like that look, although I'd need to see it on a human, too.

I would guess it's a physical prototype finessed a bit via photoshop to blend better with the painted background. 

• Thanks 1

It's about time Timber was shown in the spotlight and got a figure all to his own...  Enough of him playing second fiddle to Snake Eyes.  Timber has been carrying that masked ninja commando around for years and never got any of the glory that everyone always given to Snake Eyes.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, icecreamman said:

The Snake Eyes that should come with this must be the Sunbow version

Also, how cool it would be if the ReAction will be orings? :)

Fingers crossed...🤞🤞🤞😀👍

On 7/13/2021 at 1:07 PM, deecee4 said:

So I guess this line will be 3d translations of the sunbow designs like people have been speculating.

modelsheet_timber.jpg

The cartoon and original toy designs are very similar. I can think a few variations like in the cartoon Breaker's outfit was grey for some reason as opposed to green. Commando Snake-Eyes was more navy blue than black.

• Thanks 1

Super7 has revealed their first wave of G.I. Joe Ultates figures as well as 4" ReAction figures. They are available for pre-order now.

Super7 is excited to collaborate with Hasbro to bring the world of G.I. JOE to its ReAction and ULTIMATES! lines of collectible figures.

The first wave of cartoon-accurate G.I. JOE ULTIMATES! includes First Sergeant Conrad S. Hauser - better known as Duke - along with the team’s original commando, Snake Eyes. Rounding out the wave are the ruthless Cobra Commander, and the Cobra Battle Android Trooper (B.A.T.). These figures are available for pre-order directly from Super7 now through August 15 at $55 each, with the delivery of this wave expected in Spring 2022.

The first wave of G.I. JOE 3.75” ReAction is due this September, and will include Snake Eyes, Kwinn, Scarlett, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, and a variety of G.I. Joe Greenshirts and Cobra Troopers to satisfy collectors and army builders alike.

“As a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s, there were a few toy lines that became unique worlds to themselves; the space fantasy of Star Wars, the technology of Tron, the robot missile firing mayhem of Shogun Warriors, and the expansive world of G.I. JOE,” said Super7 Founder & Owner, Brian Flynn. “From comics to cartoons, action figures to vehicles, G.I. JOE was one of the widest worlds of action and adventure you could imagine.”

“G.I. JOE is an important toy line in the lives of so many collectors, and to have the opportunity to delve into its history and create new action figures for collectors like ourselves is truly a dream come true.”

For those who wish to experience the Super7 x G.I. JOE collaboration immediately, a collection of items including the Super Cyborg Cobra B.A.T. figure, apparel, accessories, and drinkware are currently available for purchase on Super7.com.

Additional waves of G.I. JOE figures can be expected later in 2021 and beyond. Super7’s super articulated ULTIMATES! 7” scale figures are the premiere fan product. They are made-to-order figures that come with a huge assortment of extra features, making them the most exceptionally intricate expressions of the character that can possibly be made.

ReAction Figures celebrate the iconic action figure of our childhood. The unique size and sculpting style was simple while allowing the imagination to go all in on daily adventures. With ReAction Figures, Super7 continues the classic action figure style while making the figures we wished we had while growing up.

Here are how the first wave of Ultimates break down with accessories:

G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Duke
G.I. Joe’s Field Commander, Sergeant Conrad S. Hauser - better known as Duke - knows multiple languages, but the one he may be most fluent in is the language of kicking Cobra tail! This made-to-order 7” scale fully articulated G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! figure of Duke comes with interchangeable heads and hands and a variety of accessories, allowing you to create many of your favorite cartoon and vintage toy looks. A leader among leaders, the Duke ULTIMATES! figure is a great way to start building your G.I. Joe team!

Accessories:

3 interchangeable heads
Regular head
Yelling head
Headset head
8 interchangeable hands
2x Rifle handle grip hands
2x Fist hands
2x Rifle grip hands
1x Pointing left hand
1x Saluting right hand
Watch
Walkie talkie
Laser Rifle
Helmet (vintage toy inspired)
M-16 Rifle (vintage toy inspired)
Backpack (vintage toy inspired)
Binoculars (vintage toy inspired)

G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Cobra Commander
Every good story needs a villain, and Cobra Commander is the kind of egomaniacal archvillain legends are made of. This made-to-order 7” scale fully articulated G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! figure of Cobra Commander comes with interchangeable hands- one holds a cobra wrapped around the Earth, which you may recognize from a video game commercial- and a variety of accessories, including multiple weapons, his snake scepter and soft goods cape, and more! You’re going to love the Cobra Commander ULTIMATES! figure as much as he loves the sound of his own voice, and that’s a VERY high bar.

Accessories:

2 interchangeable heads
Toy accurate head
Animation accurate head (silver stripe on top)
10 interchangeable hands
2x Fist hands
2x Rifle/Binocular Grip hands
2x Pistol Grip hands
1x Open hand
1x Pointing hand
1x Clenched Right Scepter hand
1x Snake/Globe hand
Soft goods red cape
Rifle
Commander pistol
Alternate pistol
Snake scepter
Remote detonator
Cobra binoculars
High freq gun
Synthoid neutralizer

G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - Snake Eyes [Real American Hero]
***[CLASSIFIED]*** Snake Eyes may not be able to speak, but his G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! figure pretty much speaks for itself! Based on his appearance at the beginning of A Real American Hero, this

made-to-order 7” scale fully articulated Snake Eyes ULTIMATES! figure comes with interchangeable hands and a variety of accessories, including multiple weapons, a jet pack, and his furry best friend, Timber. Be sure to pull the trigger for the mysterious and dangerous Snake Eyes ULTIMATES! Figure for your G.I Joe collection!

Accessories:

8 interchangeable hands
2x Fist hands
2x Rifle grip hands
2x Pistol grip hands
2x Trigger finger hands
Laser rifle
Pistol
Radioactive canister
Walkie talkie
Jet pack
Articulated Timber figure

G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! Wave 1 - B.A.T. [Cartoon Accurate]
They may lack the over-the-top dramatic flourishes exuded by many of Cobra’s notable characters, but Cobra Battle Android Troopers (B.A.T.) more than make up for that in their ability to unleash pure battlefield carnage and mayhem! The made-to-order 7” scale fully articulated G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! figure of the Cobra B.A.T. comes with interchangeable heads and hands, and a variety of accessories, including battle damaged pieces, weapon attachments, multiple guns and more! Dr. Mindbender’s creation may give the G.I. Joes nightmares, but the Cobra B.A.T. ULTIMATES! figure will be a dream to have in your collection!

Accessories:

2 interchangeable heads
Regular head
Battle-damaged head with clear sparks
6 interchangeable hands
2x Fist hands
2x Rifle grip hands
2x Pistol grip hands
Removable clear chest cover
Claw arm attachments
Gun arm attachments
Torch arm attachments
Backpack
Rifle
Pistol (fits in holster)
Grenades (attaches to chest)
Battle-damaged lower arm
Battle-damaged neck with clear sparks
Clear electrical damage spark (attaches to chest)

01 1.jpg

02 1.jpg

03 1.jpg

04 1.jpg

05 1.jpg

06 1.jpg

07 1.jpg

08 1.jpg

09 1.jpg

10 1.jpg

11 1.jpg

12 1.jpg

13 1.jpg

14 1.jpg

15 1.jpg

16 1.jpg

17 1.jpg

GIJoe-Ultimates5__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.b5e51c81d663fa9ee7ed9ebe0bf917d6.jpgGIJoe-Ultimates4__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.61e04488d0d37f6855ae893d16fa823a.jpgGIJoe-Ultimates3__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.4bc13ed9e49216e91392a0a3ab34a862.jpgGIJoe-Ultimates2__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.0d1f6c47746ebfa33f53efbfade1cb83.jpg18 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

$55 per figure means I'll stay away from the 7" line. Honestly, I expect Hasbro to do similar deco on their GI Joe Classified lines at some point anyway. It also seems like these 7" Joes look kinda plain. I understand its the cartoon translation but they don't seem very exciting.

I agree that the card art for the Reaction figures looks really good, but I'm not spending $18 for packaging. I think Super7 would have had a huge hit if they did the old O Ring style Joes. I think older collectors would snap them up in a second! and newer collectors would've probably bought it anyway. Super7 already explained that added articulation doesn't add that much cost to making figures because the use of the plastic is basically the same with or without. So why not make these O Ring Joes??? Black Major makes a killing on his Factory Made customs.

Many of the 82-85 joes are in major need of an update anyway, especially because they don't have ball joint heads... and then all the figures that were never made for the original line (or made poorly by Hasbro in the 2000's). So many options!

What a missed opportunity!! I would've bought them all.

16 minutes ago, Flounnderr said:

I agree that the card art for the Reaction figures looks really good, but I'm not spending $18 for packaging. I think Super7 would have had a huge hit if they did the old O Ring style Joes.

There was never a chance the ReAction figures were gonna have o-rings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Except for the B.A.T. I'm not impressed.

I gotta say the same, I'm not sure how I feel about these really, I do know I'm not clamoring to get them, sure it's fine a looking line, but they are a bit simple and I'm not super huge on the cartoon looks, eh the B.A.T. is the best of the offerings.

out of the ultimates i would go for Cobra Commander, i dig how he looks and well i may not have been into retro styled figures lately but those reaction G.I. Joe figures catch my attention, well some of them of course.

• Thanks 1

Introducing G.I. Joe ReAction figures from Super7! Each figure comes blister packaged on a backing card with beautiful, brand new original paintings of each character.

This 15-pack case assortment of the entire wave of G.I. Joe ReAction figures is exclusive to BBTS and is the perfect way to get all your Joe figures in one spot! You can pre-order it now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Here is a list of the figures included:

-Scarlett figure
-Cobra Commander figure
-Baroness figure
-Destro figure
-Kwinn figure
-Snake Eyes figure
-Cobra Trooper Y-Back (Pink) figure
-Cobra Trooper Y-Back (Tan) figure
-Cobra Trooper Y-Back (Brown) figure
-Cobra Trooper H-Back (Pink) figure
-Cobra Trooper H-Back (Tan) figure
-Cobra Trooper H-Back (Brown) figure
-Greenshirt (Pink) figure
-Greenshirt (Tan) figure
-Greenshirt (Brown) figure

Ultimates are up to.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I gotta say the same, I'm not sure how I feel about these really, I do know I'm not clamoring to get them, sure it's fine a looking line, but they are a bit simple and I'm not super huge on the cartoon looks, eh the B.A.T. is the best of the offerings.

Yeah these are only gonna really appeal to fans of the original cartoon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

There was never a chance the ReAction figures were gonna have o-rings.

We might as well be talking to a wall! I have repeated this every time someone speculated this.

What they should have been were smaller ultimates!

Super7 is out of their minds with their pricing. Those Reaction figures are only worth $5. I'm sure they paid way less to make them.

I'm really excited for this new Ultimates line, not really into Reaction. The Cobra Commander looks great but does it not bother anyone that there is no hooded head included here, this to me makes CC incomplete. The hooded headed version was a very important part of the character and to not include that head for him is very confusing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 80sboy4 said:

I'm really excited for this new Ultimates line, not really into Reaction. The Cobra Commander looks great but does it not bother anyone that there is no hooded head included here, this to me makes CC incomplete. The hooded headed version was a very important part of the character and to not include that head for him is very confusing. 

Valid point. Could be due to behind the scenes stuff between s7 & Hasbro or s7 planning to rerelease that mold with the hood, who knows. Wish it was brought up in the fwoosh interview...cause it seems odd for them to do an unnecessary deep dive with that globe accessory from a video game ad but leave out the obvious accessory.

7 hours ago, JayC said:

Introducing G.I. Joe ReAction figures from Super7! Each figure comes blister packaged on a backing card with beautiful, brand new original paintings of each character.

This 15-pack case assortment of the entire wave of G.I. Joe ReAction figures is exclusive to BBTS and is the perfect way to get all your Joe figures in one spot! You can pre-order it now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Here is a list of the figures included:

-Scarlett figure
-Cobra Commander figure
-Baroness figure
-Destro figure
-Kwinn figure
-Snake Eyes figure
-Cobra Trooper Y-Back (Pink) figure
-Cobra Trooper Y-Back (Tan) figure
-Cobra Trooper Y-Back (Brown) figure
-Cobra Trooper H-Back (Pink) figure
-Cobra Trooper H-Back (Tan) figure
-Cobra Trooper H-Back (Brown) figure
-Greenshirt (Pink) figure
-Greenshirt (Tan) figure
-Greenshirt (Brown) figure

Ultimates are up to.

Those Reaction figures are looking good with their cartoon style... I may have to get them and start selling some of my current Joe's that I don't like in my collection...😀😁