New G.I. Joe Exclusive Listings Discovered?!?

JayC

9 minutes ago, LordVenger said:

Bro you won that gift card. You can get whatever. Lol. 

The Smobra Scylind gift card for a free SGT Nothing figure , Yes!!!!!!! courtesy of sir scalps alot and shocker toys ;)

No sorry whenever I hear someone mention the Voldamort of action figure exclusives all I hear are the parents from the Peanuts talking.

me when a new exclusive joe gets released

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

The Smobra Scylind gift card for a free SGT Nothing figure , Yes!!!!!!!

No sorry whenever I heard someone mention the Voldamort of action figure exclusives all I hear are the parents from the Peanuts talking.

me when a new exclusive joe gets released

Lol. Perfect. 

Just now, DrLava said:

no, im saying why would they? theres a reason haslab wont produce something if the minimum order isnt met. each toy has a specific cost attached to it. in order to make money they need to sell a specific number of that toy. youre under this assumption that you and i are hasbros customer base. we're not. hasbros customers are target, walmart, amazon, diamond, etc. 

Dude. I clearly said they can do preorders on top of what they order for retailers. I’m in no way suggesting that they only do preorders and not sell at retail. Although there are companies that have in the past and some that still do ex. Super7 thundercats. But again I’m not suggesting that is the way to go. I’m saying they can do preorders for collectors on top of the orders for retailers. Win/win. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DrLava said:

and im asking why would they? i understand completely what youre saying. sell direct to retailer and direct to customer. but if you could buy direct from the manufacturer then you wouldnt buy from the retailer. if you dont buy from the retailer than the retailer doesnt buy from the manufacturer. remember, youre not the customer hasbro wants, retailer is. you'll buy 1-5 figures, the retailer will buy 10,000-50,000.

Yes we will all buy a couple and according to them, Hasbro and Mattel, We collectors are not their customer kids are and the vast number of sales of these products are by kids or adult givers to kids. So they can continue to sale their normal amount of product at retailers to kids. And they can sell extra product that is guaranteed sales via preorder to collectors, therefore selling more product than if they are just at retail alone. Thus they and the manufacturers make more profit. More profit is the answer to your question of why would they. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DrLava said:

and what youre not grasping is that if they sell direct to customer, then the retailer will not buy from them. the retailer will buy an entire production run. you will not. its really as simple as that. 

and youre incorrect, kids are not their customer. as i said, target, walmart, amazon, diamond, etc. thats the customer. thats what youre not comprehending. 

My comprehension is fine. I’m paraphrasing what the two mentioned toy companies marketing directors of lines just like this have said. Their customers are kids. That is who they are making these products for.  They specifically make use of planograms to sell their product to kids on what ( I’m hoping not to offend anyone here) is the boys toy aisle. So what you are not grasping is that retailers will still buy their normal amount of product to put on said toy aisle so little tommy or his mother or whoever can buy him a bludd. And if bludd is exclusive to target then I guess Tommy’s mom will be going into target and potentially be buying other things while she is there. Which is the intended effect of the exclusivity anyway, right. You are suggesting that if said toy company allows me and you to preorder bludd then target won’t be interested in ordering their quantities. According to the toy companies you would be incorrect. Since bludd is being sold to kids in the toy aisle and not to you or I. Hence target will still purchase their normal quantity of bludd and maybe just one of the Tommy’s in the world might actually get the opportunity to purchase one. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrLava said:

if it can be bought online direct from hasbro then "tommys mom" wouldnt need to go to target to get the figure. 

target will buy at least one production run of everything hasbro makes. "tommys mom" will not. target is the customer of hasbro, not "tommy".

and its 2021 btw.

So your saying that target is going to buy at least one production run of toy lines even if there is no Tommy?  So if everyone who apparently , per you, isn’t the intended customer stops purchasing the product then by your logic target will still buy production runs of the toy lines. Because they are the customer of hasbro. No need for you or I or Tommy.  Interesting. Though I would think without actual customers there would be no target or toy companies.  Maybe I’m wrong. 

• Thanks 1

Bottom line, no matter how many apologists leap to their defense, even if just to raise a stink in a low-rent toy forum, the ultimate responsibility is Hasbro's.

They have two jobs: 1. Make the toys. 2. Get the toys to the consumer.

We know they did the first one, as they love reminding us of that fact in their increasingly pointless reveal videos and news releases.

It's that second one they have trouble with. Bottom line, if we look, yet still can't find these figures on the pegs, Hasbro has FAILED. 

Here is the reality about exclusives and why they wont go away. We will focus on Hasbro but it applies to most toy companies. Hasbro cannot survive without Target and Walmart carrying their stuff. There is no one else in the US who can order as much merchandise other than Target and Walmart. Not even Amazon though they are a close third.

So That means Walmart and Target call all the shots. When Target tells Hasbro to jump, Hasbro says how high. When Target says they want exclusives Hasbro says how many.

Target chooses to carry these exclusives in limited numbers because they know collectors will come running. They will run in the store daily trying to find said exclusive. It doesnt matter if you find it or not, cause once there you are much more likely to buy something else. The more scarce or hard to get the more the demand increases. Now you have not only the collectors but all the scalpers and flippers coming in and buying the stuff. If its truly a line that can sell a decent number of product like say Marvel, then eventually they might slowly increase supply because they know it will sell. If its something not as popular like say... GIJoe, well the moment they start offering them in real number is the moment they start warming the pegs. So the only way to keep demand high is to release the stuff in limited fashion.

Thats how the game works, and as we saw today no amount of bitching and complaining is going to change that.

So you have two choices. You can keep playing the games, doing what Target wants. Running to their stores daily, sitting on their website all day, encourage the scalpers to come in and buy up all the stuff or you can speak with your wallet and walk away.  If everyone walked away, at the very least Target would no longer be interested in the exclusives and then Hasbro would either cancel the line or find other avenues to get the product out. This also would solve the scalper problem. If everyone refused to buy from scalpers, they would no longer scalp, they couldnt because they wouldnt be able to make money.

The ability to stop this viscous cycle is within you all, but these companies are banking on that you dont have will power to do it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrLava said:

theres no intention. the retailer IS the customer for hasbro. your entire tyrade last night was how you wanted to be able to pre-order direct from hasbro but you cant. the reason you cant is because they sell wholesale at a quantity you cant and wont buy at. 

why do you think you never get that invite to toyfair? youre not a buyer for a large retail company that places vendor orders. if target isnt the customer than why cant you buy the figure you want so badly from hasbro directly? if youre the customer, as you keep claiming, then why wont they sell it 

There is most definitely intention. The toy company spends months, years designing, planning, marketing, etc. to a specific intended customer.  

As I have said before, Hasbro and Mattel and Super7 and others have sold direct to me. 

"The power is within you, but these companies are banking on that you dont have will power to use it."

Sadly this is true to a lot of people. Why continue to be frustrated for a toy line while there are other toy lines to invest in if the trend doesn't change at all? Limiting my toy selection at least has helped me in saving more for some of the more expensive stuff, like buying a few 1/6 figures this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

"The power is within you, but these companies are banking on that you dont have will power to use it."

Sadly this is true to a lot of people. Why continue to be frustrated for a toy line while there are other toy lines to invest in if the trend doesn't change at all? Limiting my toy selection at least has helped me in saving more for some of the more expensive stuff, like buying a few 1/6 figures this year.

I totally understand the frustration. I love GIJoe. I dont love all toylines. I am not collecting action figures just for the sake of collecting action figures. So for instance I really want the Classified Bludd figure. Its an awesome looking figure. I certainly could run to eBay and afford to pay $50+ for it, and sometimes its seems like its just easier and less stress to go that route. But I refuse to give in and support scalpers, not because I can't afford it but because I think its wrong. So I am using my will power. I also refuse to run to Target daily hoping to get lucky in finding it. First I don't have that kind of time, but even if I did, I dont like jumping through people's hoops like that. So If at some point it becomes easily available I will get Bludd, but if not I wont. I have excepted that. If I miss enough figures I likely will quit the line, but its not that I want to, because again I collect it for a love of GIJoe, not just for wanting to collect action figures. And I find the situation completely frustrating and sympathize with those feeling similar frustrations.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

I totally understand the frustration. I love GIJoe. I dont love all toylines. I am not collecting action figures just for the sake of collecting action figures. So for instance I really want the Classified Bludd figure. Its an awesome looking figure. I certainly could run to eBay and afford to pay $50+ for it, and sometimes its seems like its just easier and less stress to go that route. But I refuse to give in and support scalpers, not because I can't afford it but because I think its wrong. So I am using my will power. I also refuse to run to Target daily hoping to get lucky in finding it. First I don't have that kind of time, but even if I did, I dont like jumping through people's hoops like that. So If at some point it becomes easily available I will get Bludd, but if not I wont. I have excepted that. If I miss enough figures I likely will quit the line, but its not that I want to, because again I collect it for a love of GIJoe, not just for wanting to collect action figures. And I find the situation completely frustrating and sympathize with those feeling similar frustrations.

Jay hit it exactly. People like what they like. Unfortunately for joe fans they probably won’t be satisfied by  going out and buying a different line they aren’t as interested in. 

• Like 1

Definitely good points Jay does there, i mean if i can't find any of the G.I. Joe classified figures in any store it's not really the end of the world, there is always gonna be other lines I'll be into like one of the recent Marvel legends lines like the Disney plus wave or i could go for the Halo spartan collection line of Wicked cool toys, the list can go on.

Maybe in my case if i have to I'll wait a really but really really long time to see that i could find GI Joe classified figures in a decent price in the secondary market and not in the scalper price, as Jay said not just because it is expensive but it is wrong too, i definitely know this since some stores i know go insane with the prices and they're not scalpers.

Not my best choice either, but it might be worth a try and well as mentioned they're other toylines i can invest too, toylines i like and well i definitely do not want to repeat how i cherry pick figures over and over despite that i just did so right now, but the point is that i definitelt will go with that option, plus I'm in no rush going for the line either, especially since i did decided that my most wanted figure for now is the new Scarlet witch figure I do confess that.

5 minutes ago, K9K1N6 said:

Definitely good points Jay does there, i mean if i can't find any of the G.I. Joe classified figures in any store it's not really the end of the world, there is always gonna be other lines I'll be into like one of the recent Marvel legends lines like the Disney plus wave or i could go for the Halo spartan collection line of Wicked cool toys, the list can go on.

Maybe in my case if i have to I'll wait a really but really really long time to see that i could find GI Joe classified figures in a decent price in the secondary market and not in the scalper price, as Jay said not just because it is expensive but it is wrong too, i definitely know this since some stores i know go insane with the prices and they're not scalpers.

Not my best choice either, but it might be worth a try and well as mentioned they're other toylines i can invest too, toylines i like and well i definitely do not want to repeat how i cherry pick figures over and over despite that i just did so right now, but the point is that i definitelt will go with that option, plus I'm in no rush going for the line either, especially since i did decided that my most wanted figure for now is the new Scarlet witch figure I do confess that.

Scarlett witch is a good looking fig. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

I bet some people are going to be extra salty about paying a lot for Bludd now that he's being re-stocked.

Well, I actually payed for shipping at cost for Bludd from a buddy from Twitter... So no saltines for me but I'm glad that the Joe fans can get him...

38 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well, I actually payed for shipping at cost for Bludd from a buddy from Twitter... So no saltines for me but I'm glad that the Joe fans can get him...

I'm actually talking about the people who bought twice/thrice the price of Bludd and that is even without the shipping costs. I know someone who did a few hours ago and now he's quite pissed.

24 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

I'm actually talking about the people who bought twice/thrice the price of Bludd and that is even without the shipping costs. I know someone who did a few hours ago and now he's quite pissed.

Well anyone who paid that much really only have themselves to be pissed at. On the bright side, my guess there gonna be a lot of unhappy scalpers on eBay who are gonna be stuck with all those Bludds they scalped and now either have to try and hold on to them in hopes they can try and sell them later on or clearance them out now.

Hasbro def came through on this one. My stores have been getting multiple shipments of Bludd the last week or so. This was my local Target this morning. I just hope this trend continues with the future Cobra Island stuff.

E37q9A9WEAEpxaf.jpg

3 minutes ago, JayC said:

Well anyone who paid that much really only have themselves to be pissed at. On the bright side, my guess there gonna be a lot of unhappy scalpers on eBay who are gonna be stuck with all those Bludds they scalped and now either have to try and hold on to them in hopes they can try and sell them later on or clearance them out now.

Hasbro def came through on this one. My stores have been getting multiple shipments of Bludd the last week or so. This was my local Target this morning. I just hope this trend continues with the future Cobra Island stuff.

E37q9A9WEAEpxaf.jpg

Hopefully, now that there are more Bludds out there, the prices will cool down and that there will be more Bludds where I'm from although the upcoming new Roadblock is the only figure in the line that I'm more interested in.

Wowzers Hasbro/Target really making a wonderful recovery play on Major Bludd right now, these sightings seem to be becoming pretty normal, I've seen in the last 2 days, tons of people showing ample stock of Major Bludd on the pegs, I saw one guy in Internet Land showing a store with 14 on the pegs and another with 8! , now these pictures, maybe we are really turning a corner, here in Canada we have started seeing in the last few days Baroness and Coil becoming more steadily in stock, I almost snagged her this morning online, but sadly she was OOS by the time I checked out. I hope we can get this lucky in Canada with these other figures!