New G.I. Joe Exclusive Listings Discovered?!?

JayC

JTPrime via Hisstank has discovered a number of new G.I. Joe listings from overseas distributors.

Classified Series Cobra Island Figure & Bike 2
Hasbro Code: F0762
Street Date: August 2021

Classified Series Hero Snake Eyes
Hasbro Code: F0759

Classified Series Mission Roadblock
Hasbro Code: F2846

Retro Line Wave 4
Hasbro Code: E8857

The Snake-Eyes figure is listed as being some kind of Deluxe figure. The listing for Roadblock is different from the previously released Roadblock figures. The listing for the Cobra Island Bike and figure also differs from the Previous Baroness set.

The Retro 3.75" wave will be a Walmart exclusive and the Cobra Island set will be a Target exclusive here in the US. However I should note that I have not seen any listings show up yet in the Target system for the bike set. That might change soon. The last unknown Classified listing I have seen in the

Target system is the one we told you about back in April. That one was code named "Kepler DPCI# 087-16-4527" and had a July release date. While not confirmed, that one is thought to be a Cobra Island Classified Barbecue figure.

I don't know how the Hero Snake-Eyes or Mission Roadblock figures will be released. I have not seen any indications of them seeing a general release, so these might end up being some kind of exclusives as well, perhaps going to someplace like Pulse and/or Amazon.

Hasbro will be holding a live-stream tomorrow (6/4) at 11am ET with the G.I. Joe brand team, so its quit possible these listings will be the focus of that event along with an explanation for the already released Cobra Island Major Bludd figure. Bludd has been seeing 1 case of 6 figures hitting physical stores for several weeks now and was finally listed on the Target website earlier this week. Of course the figure sold out in minutes.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that Hasbro might announce tomorrow during the live-stream that they will be making the Cobra Island figures available on HasbroPulse in enough numbers so that anyone who wants one will have a decent shot at it, something Target seems unwilling to do.

Whatever is announced or revealed tomorrow by Hasbro, we will be sure to have full coverage of it here on TNI for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be real interesting to see what the brand team announces tomorrow.  Likely some more exclusive figures which unfortunately has plagued the line. Hopefully Hasbro will have some sort of solution in store but I'm not betting on it. 

Either way it will be a very interesting stream for sure.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DrLava said:

what target do you shop in that the employees prevent you from making purchases? or better question what are you doing thats making them stop you from buying? lol were you caught shoplifting?

I think they are referring to the possibility that target employees are selling the limited figures themselves. When you see classified figs going for hundreds of dollars it might encourage some employees to be unscrupulous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DrLava said:

even if an employee were buying a figure, how is that unscrupulous? employees are encouraged to buy from their store, its why they get a discount. and how does this stop him from buying the figures? cause the employee is possibly in the store when the item is stocked? he could be too.

and there is only one classified figure selling for "hundreds of dollars" and its exactly $200 and thats currently, not when it came out and that set has been out of production for a long time. you greatly exaggerate the value of this line and the draw of non-collectors. nobody that doesnt collect even knows what this line is. 99% of the toy merchandisers at target could care less about the products and have zero knowledge of the products outside of maybe an advertised baby toy that theyre given brief info for.

As of 3:32 pm today ( 6/03/21) a quick search of eBay sold listings show recent sales of gi joe classified figures of $3,000, $1,029 best offer accepted, $1,000 boa, $1,000 boa, $950, $850 boa, $800, $810, etc.  That is certainly hundreds of dollars. 
Also, I have know problem with an employee buying a fig for themselves and neither does anyone else that would be visiting this site, but you seem to be purposely misreading the intent of the original poster. I’m fairly sure they were not talking about an employee purchasing a fig for their own collection. The problem is if the product never makes it to the store floor.  An employee purchasing the entire case for the sole purpose of reselling. That would indeed be the epitome of unscrupulous. I have no first hand knowledge of this practice but many say they have seen it. I have only had positive experiences with employees when looking for figs but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I can’t speak to the percentage of merchandisers interest levels as I have never seen any data on such. I am also not trying to say that any high number of employees would conduct themselves in a less than fair manor. I was simply trying to clarify what the original poster most likely meant by their comment. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DrLava said:

those listings were for cases not individual figure upon release. a bic pen costs $1.00. if i sell 1000 of those pens in one listing does that mean that a bic pen sells for hundreds of dollars? look where youre posting, everyone here knows the value of the figures, now and when they were released (which is what we're talking about). the current target exclusive classified fig is major bludd. he sells for $50. there is so much other products that a target employee could resell and make way more money in doing so. 

and even if the employee resells a figure purchased, how is that unscrupulous? what morally wrong act are they comitting? you didnt state what price theyre reselling at, just that the act of an employee reselling an item is morally wrong. why? cause they get a 10% discount? then target itself fall into the same boat since they resell what they buy from hasbro with a discount.

youre also insinuating that an employee can somehow see a case of figures, scan them all into stock and then run to the register and purchase them. lol it doesnt work like that.

First off the very first sold item in the search was one fig for $3000.  

Secondly selling a lot of 5 that retail for $25 for $1000 isn’t quite the same as you selling a 1000 pens for the retail price of $1 each. If people were selling them for retail I don’t think anyone would care. 

Third the first major blud in my search which is sorted by price is one fig sold for $749.99 boa. Then a series of one blud sold for $600 each boa. 

What other target products can you invest $25 and make $600 by posting it on eBay? That is more than a 2000% markup.  If in a perfect world, Fairness would be ever person having the same opportunity to purchase a fig, then by definition, an employee eliminating the opportunity by purposely taking all the product would be exactly unscrupulous. 

Lastly target has a legally binding contract to sell the manufacturers product at retail for the price agreed upon by both parties. You my friend probably do not. If target decided to sell the product for a huge percentage increase above the agreed retail price, I would say that the manufacturer might take issue with that. Also, since you seem to be a target insider please enlighten me about how exactly it does work if an employee wants to buy a case of figs. And who besides you in everyone of your posts is saying anything about a 10% discount for employees. I have never seen anyone complain about employees getting a discount. That is a very common benefit across all jobs and I doubt anyone has a problem with it. 

• Thanks 1

I still don't understand how Hasbro can believe that G.I. Joe is this hot so practically everything they are releasing is an exclusive for this store or that store.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrLava said:

i dont know what bootleg ebay you are looking at but major bludd sells for $50. just search classified bludd and hit lowest price + shipping and there are 35 listings between $45-$60. that means the figure sells for that price. im sure theres a ton of listings at $600 but nobody is buying a $50 figure for $600. and we're talking usd. an items value comes from current 3rd lowest selling price.

and no target does not have a contract with hasbro stating anything like that. they can sell these figures for any price they wish, but since their main competitors sell at msrp, they do as well. 

perhaps its time to move on since you clearly know nothing about economics, morals, or retail. youre clearly a burner account poorly attempting to troll. you literally made an account to speak on behalf of somebody else, thinking youre fooling us lol. sad.

And there it is. Your argument breaks down so you divert  to personal attacks. So by the book of you. 
Im fairly certain this is the real eBay.  Also you didn’t answer about the procedure of an employee purchasing cases. That was going to be the most insightful part of any of your posts. 

481582C3-D260-4DA2-981E-EC9C9E55903C.png

A3B44C3E-E4DB-490C-B6CA-64250A730D5E.png

5E59A5D1-BD45-4C76-85E9-0653603E5CD2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DrLava said:

you may wanna look at the unsold viper pic again, look at the bottom, major bludd listed for $49.99. i didnt dispute that people listed for these prices, the dispute is the current value. again, if youre dumb enough to wanna pay those prices, have fun. current value is $50. thats fact. you are the only person trying to say that major bludd is worth anything more than that. 

work one day in any retail store and then come back and tell us how successful you were at making a purchase off the truck with no registers open. again, gain knowledge, then make posts, thanks. and its nothing personal at all, my girl. lol you can have 15 accounts we still know who it is posting, youre not clever.

I’m not trying to tell anyone the value of bludd. I think the value is probably less than it retails for. The value is going to depend on each individual. You certainly don’t have the authority to tell anyone what the value is. You may think it’s worth $50 but you don’t get to speak for everyone unfortunately. 

I am showing you pictures of sold yes sold figures.  Pretty sure the green colored word sold at the top indicates such. I have worked in retail though admittedly it has been awhile. But more importantly I am trying to learn but you won’t answer any of my questions. 
For starters. 
1. What other products at target can you sell on eBay and make a higher profit percentage. 
2. What is the procedure for an employee to buy a case of figs?

Lastly I’m fairly certain I’m not a female. Lol. 

0CB6402C-CC61-4374-8EE6-B1A08FEA644C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

This is a final warning. I am tired of coming on here and seeing people attack or be rude to others. If I see it anymore I am going to start banning people. If you can't address someone without being demeaning or attacking then DONT RESPOND AT ALL. That goes for everyone.

• Thanks 1

First lets get to the possible good news. Ahead of tomorrow's G.I. Joe Live-Stream, Hasbro has posted on their social media saying more G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd figures are on the way.

"We heard you want more BLUDD! Starting next week, additional quantities of Major Bludd will be hitting shelves as part of YO JOE! June. Stay tuned for more exciting G.I. JOE news during tomorrow’s #HasbroPulse #FanFirstFriday and all month long... #YoJoeJune"

They added on a similar post they made to Facebook the following about previous Cobra Island exclusive figures:

"Stay tuned for more exciting G.I. JOE news during tomorrow’s Hasbro Pulse #FanFirstFriday and all month long, including details on reissues of other previously released Special Missions: Cobra Island figures!"

Unfortunately for Major Bludd, its sounding like only Target will be offering him for now. Despite Hasbro's statement it's hard to really believe being just this week Target listed the figure on their website with only enough quantity to last a few minutes before selling out. Since this figure has become a Scalpers wet dream, they are going to have to drastically increase the number of figures they send to all Target stores to be able to actually find them without having to hit the store daily. So far stores have only gotten 1 case of 6 at a time. Some stores have gotten multiple shipments since they first started hitting shelves a few weeks ago, but we really need to see stores getting several cases at a time for the problem to be fixed, and that doesn't seem like something Target is to interested in doing. I guess time will only tell though.

As for the previous Cobra Island figures, its sounds like they might be making those available on HasbroPulse, however if that ends up being the case, it remains to be seen if the figures will be offered in enough numbers to actually satisfy demand. Last month we saw Hasbro release the Firefly and Cobra Viper on their website, but there wasn't enough to last more than very short time, and that was having it open only to their Premium Members, people who paid Hasbro $50 to get special access to buy their stuff.

Hasbro knows many Joe fans are upset over how the Classified line has been handled up to this point, so its possible Hasbro is putting this statement out now ahead of the live-stream tomorrow to try and offset some of the anger that is likely coming their way in the comments section. I don't encourage anyone to be rude, threatening or use profanity when addressing Hasbro on their live-streams, but I do think it's perfectly OK to tell them that if they don't really fix these problems with the exclusives, you have no problem speaking with your wallet by simply walking away from the line.

Ok so now for the possible bad news. We have discovered a number of new listings pop up in the Target system today. The listings use codenames so we don't know what the figures actually are. The DPCI# listed for them are the same as the regular release figures, however that might just be a placeholder. We saw the same thing happen with the Major Bludd figure where it was originally listed with the regular DPCI# but then switched over to a unique one designating it an exclusive.

So at this time its possible at least some of these could end up being exclusives. I certainly hope not all of them, be we don't really know. The prices are listed at $19.99 each so we assume these are 6" Classified figures and there is no release date listed with them at this time.

The listings are as follows:

GIJoe Rigel
GIJoe Europa
GIJoe Centauri
GIJoe Gamma
GIJoe Jupiter
GIJoe Scorpio
GIJoe Zenith
GIJoe Meteor
GIJoe Betelgeuse

I don't know if any of these code names have been deciphered anywhere online, but I do recognize the Jupiter code name as one associated in the past with Storm Shadow. You can see it used with this Titan series like Storm Shadow figure from the overseas distributor NDA Toys. That figure is in the new Snake-Eyes Movie like packaging, but seems to be based on the character's more classic design. Hopefully the new listing will end up being the long-awaited Classified non-movie Storm Shadow, though I suppose its also slightly possible some of these listings could be for the previously announced Classified Snake-Eyes movie figures. Those figures are already listed in the system with actual names, but sometimes you can have repeat listings.

I should also note that I believe a number of new G.I. Joe "Core" items will be going up for pre-order towards the end of the month. I believe "Core" refers to the stuff made more for kids.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

It seems too good to be true, sounds like a bunch of empty promises by Hasbro to try to appease the angry mob of fans, but let's wait and see what they will show and say tomorrow. I doubt my interest in the line will be revitalized, even if they said all the figures released as exclusives so far were going to be re-issued as part of the regular assortment, here I never saw anything beyond the first wave available in stores or online.

If Hasbro can address the #1 issue from this line - the distribution, then just maybe I might re-consider buying a few figures from this line again. As for Major Bludd, I'm not invested in him so kudos to those who will be able to get him at SRP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrLava said:

i dont recall any distribution issues on hasbros end. far as i know target did receive everything ordered on time without issue. what is it you want hasbro to do? if your local target did not receive something that would be a target distribution issue, which has nothing to do with hasbro. 

First, I don't live in the US. Ergo, that Target issue isn't my concern.

Second, the retail toy stores where I'm from such as Toys R Us don't carry G.I. Joe Classified figures. Local online stores carry it with marked-up prices.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

First, I don't live in the US. Ergo, that Target issue isn't my concern.

Second, the retail toy stores where I'm from such as Toys R Us don't carry G.I. Joe Classified figures. Local online stores carry it with marked-up prices.

That's the thing. I DO live in the the US, and from the looks of the pegs, you'd think they didn't sell Joes here either.

And no, that's NOT a Target thing. That's Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Gamestop, etc. That makes it a HASBRO thing.

49 minutes ago, DrLava said:

if your local stores dont carry the line how is that hasbro fault? they cant force retailers to buy their products.

Seems weird that my local stores sell everything that Hasbro has except for G.I. Joe Classified. When I asked who was working there on why aren't they selling Classified figures even though people are buying it online, he said that stocks were limited from Hasbro's part and that it wouldn't be able to fill a shelf.

Doesn't matter to me if that reason smells fishy to you. I wish the rest of the people luck for tomorrow's Hasbro live stream.

22 minutes ago, DrLava said:

how? hasbro cannot force these retailers to order their stuff. no manufacturer can. im pretty sure hasbro would love it if every store in the world was filled with all of their products.

You are correct. But they can quit giving Target all these exclusives if Target refuses to carry them any real numbers.

There is nothing stopping Hasbro from re-releasing the hard to get figures on Hasbro Pulse like they did recently with Firefly and Cobra Viper.  Perhaps this will be part of their announcement tomorrow.  Target would get first priority with their exclusive deal on new figures but Hasbro could release them later on their site.  There are quite a few items (Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Transformers) that come back in stock on Hasbro Pulse.  They just need to limit 1 per customer and have plenty of quantities.  

18 minutes ago, DrLava said:

they could but i think its actually reversed and target has the power here. hasbro needs target more than target needs hasbro. negotiations easily couldve went the way of target saying they wouldnt carry the line at all if they werent given an exclusive and hasbro set the minimum and target buys just that.

Yes but if they drive all the collectors away it will be moot anyway.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrLava said:

how? hasbro cannot force these retailers to order their stuff. no manufacturer can. im pretty sure hasbro would love it if every store in the world was filled with all of their products. 

for you specifically, look at where you live. im sure your local stores are low volume. that means they'll get less freight then a large volume store in a metropolitan area. 

you mentioned gamestop, you know you can pre-buy for store pickup. just go into your local gamestop and have them order it for you. even if the store isnt gonna get that shipped it, the one you order will. i did that with the batman vs tmnt sets.

ya'll dont seem to understand that hasbro sells production runs direct to these retailers. the retailers dont want left over product they cant sell since theyre only making about $3 per $20 figure they sell. nothing worse for a retailer than having to sell off overstock to ross and tj maxx after it wouldnt sell on clearance. so most retailers are hesistant to order multiple production runs for a product that may shelf warm. blame ghostbusters for retailers being hesistant to overstock a newer line. then came roadblock, basically unsellable. it is what it is, but its definitely not the manufacturers fault. they want as much of their stuff bought by these retailers as you do.

So what is stopping hasbro from taking preorders for these figures and letting ever single person who wishes to purchase one get one?

Just now, DrLava said:

production. it costs lots of money to produce action figures. they want to make a profit, thats their goal. hasbro is a billion dollar company. why would they sell one figure at a time to individual customers when they can sell 10,000 at a time? it'd be like pepsi selling you one can of soda directly instead of selling 500,000 to a distributor. 

I didn’t suggest they not sell their product to retailers. Since the manufacturers keep telling us for years that any item on the toy isle is made for kids and that 80% of the sales are by kids or adult gift givers. Then why not allow collectors to preorder all they want, add that number to there ordinary production number for retailers and looks like everyone wins. I wouldn’t think extra sales would have a negative affect on profit. 

I just hope I can get my hands on anything, it's all good now, just anything I'm a happy collector, Cobra Island is a make believe place with make believe figures, that don't exist in my Joe universe!

here's to new Joe figures for my personal collection universe!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrLava said:

its not that simple. hasbro doesnt own their own factories. they outsource the manufacturing to other companies. those other companies also want to make profit. basically they cant sell direct to customer at $20 per figure and make money. its why they charge for pulse membership.

So you are saying hasbro can’t order any number of product over the minimum order quantity required by the mostly Chinese companies. Why wouldn’t the Chinese companies be delighted that hasbro is ordering a larger quantity of product. The Chinese company gets to make more money and hasbro probably gets a bigger discount on the cost of the manufacturing. I don’t see why hasbro can’t sell direct to the customer the exact amount that is preordered. Pulse sells to me and I’m not a premium member. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just hope I can get my hands on anything, it's all good now, just anything I'm a happy collector, Cobra Island is a make believe place with make believe figures, that don't exist in my Joe universe!

here's to new Joe figures for my personal collection universe!

Bro you won that gift card. You can get whatever. Lol. 

• Thanks 1