Kevin Smith's Masters Of The Universe Revelation Animated Series Kicks Off In July On Netflix

JayC

Shown below via Netflix is our first look at the upcoming Masters of the Universe: Revelation animated series which is being done by Kevin Smith and will air on Netflix starting this July 23. The series which is said to be a sequel to the original 80's MOTU Filmation series will be broken up into 2-parts. Part 1 will contain 5 episodes.

Prince Adam/He-Man will be voiced by Chris Wood while Skeletor will be voiced by Mark Hamill. Other voice actors on board for this one include Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela, Alicia Silverstone as Queen Marlena, Kevin Conroy as Mer-Man, Liam Cunningham as Man-At-Arms, Griffin Newman as Orco, Stephen Root as Cringer, Diedrich Bader as King Randor and Trap Jaw, Tiffany Smith as Andra, Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops, Susan Eisenberg as Sorceress, Jason Mewes as Stinkor, Phil LaMarr as He-Ro, Tony Todd as Scare Glow, Cree Summer as Priestess, and Kevin Michael Richardson as Beast Man and Alan Oppenheimer who voiced Skeletor in the original series and will now voice Moss Man for this one.

The show while dubbed a sequel to the original animated series from the 80's is said to be written more for the adults who grew up watching the original show than trying to capture a new young generation of fans. I guess thats what the second MOTU CGI series also coming to Netflix will be for.

The first episode of Revelation begins "in lockstep with the old show," Smith mentions. Then, about halfway through, "things take a shift which allows all the characters to go through these periods of growth." David mentions a "cataclysmic event that would shake it up."

Its also said the characters in the series will start out a certain way but be very different by the end.

While the show is made to be a sequel to the original cartoon, the animation style and character designs as seen with these new images seems to be much more in keeping with the more recent 200x series.

We have already seen images for the action figures based on this show leak out which should hit Walmart stores first in June, and then everywhere else at the end of the summer in August/September timeframe.

MOTU-REV-101_08_LAYERED.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode3_00_18_50_06.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_16_53_13.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_16_22_06.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_15_51_11.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_15_28_16.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_11_52_10.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_10_51_05.jpg

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode1_00_04_44_15.jpg

MOTU-REV-101_18_LAYERED.jpg

• Like 1

The Synopsis for the show:

The war for Eternia culminates in “Masters of the Universe: Revelation,” an innovative and action-packed animated series that picks up where the iconic characters left off decades ago. After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe.

• 4 weeks later...
The new trailer for the upcoming Masters Of The Universe Revelation series from Kevin Smith is online. It was shown during today's Netflix GeekWeek event. It was the first trailer they showed.

Here is just the trailer itself:

There will be also be a after-show hosted by Kevin Smith that will also start on July 23.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMikeSnyder said:

That new trailer rocks. I'm so excited. Love the classic designs with the new animation.

I agree so far things are looking pretty good.

• Like 1

Gotta be honest, it looks a lot like the stuff that was already done excellently on the early 2000s cartoon. So I guess I don't really need this.

Dug the cliche of having "I Need a Hero" playing in the background though. Really gave an extra shot of cheese to the video.

Huge fan of He-Man. Not a huge fan of Kevin Smith. He does seem like a nice guy, but his films and direction are hit and miss at best. And lately they're mostly miss. He can make the hell outta some low budget, average schmo, low expectations type flick like Mallrats and Chasing Amy and do better than expected, but give him a credit card and a highly anticipated property with great production value, not so much. It looks great, it hits the nostalgia spot right on the head and it makes me pretty damn excited, but something tells me, and yes, I'll admit I've been listening to all the naysayers of Youtube, that this is another Bait-N-Switch. I feel like the first episode(s) are gonna give us the impression of picking up right where they left off, like Smith says, but then it will change to He-Man being put on the sideline by either losing his powers or being imprisoned and it will all be up to Teela and her crew to either rescue him or restore him. At the end he will declare her as the better leader and the future will be Teela leading the Masters of the Universe. There's probably a very specific reason it's no longer called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

If I'm wrong, and I truly hope I am, I will be the first to admit it, but you gotta know by now this kinda stuff is right of Smith's ally. Still hoping for the best, but being accustomed to the fact that the rug has been pulled out so many times in the past I'm not even surprised anymore.

This gave me alot of 2003 feels. I love the 2003 motu so im highly into this. Will definitely watch! 

Damn this show now that I see the trailer looks wild!, I didn't know how I felt, I wasn't having any bad feelings, I just wasn't sure if I was crazy about watching the show, but oh now I am, animation and colors look awesome

um I also watched Transformers rock out... Unicron rips on that giddy... what the hell, I loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

Netflix announced that 3 additional voices have been added...

Dennis Haysbert as King Grayskull, Adam Gifford as Vikor and Jay Tavare as Wundar.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:36 AM, Zerzar999 said:

Huge fan of He-Man. Not a huge fan of Kevin Smith. He does seem like a nice guy, but his films and direction are hit and miss at best. And lately they're mostly miss. He can make the hell outta some low budget, average schmo, low expectations type flick like Mallrats and Chasing Amy and do better than expected, but give him a credit card and a highly anticipated property with great production value, not so much. It looks great, it hits the nostalgia spot right on the head and it makes me pretty damn excited, but something tells me, and yes, I'll admit I've been listening to all the naysayers of Youtube, that this is another Bait-N-Switch. I feel like the first episode(s) are gonna give us the impression of picking up right where they left off, like Smith says, but then it will change to He-Man being put on the sideline by either losing his powers or being imprisoned and it will all be up to Teela and her crew to either rescue him or restore him. At the end he will declare her as the better leader and the future will be Teela leading the Masters of the Universe. There's probably a very specific reason it's no longer called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

If I'm wrong, and I truly hope I am, I will be the first to admit it, but you gotta know by now this kinda stuff is right of Smith's ally. Still hoping for the best, but being accustomed to the fact that the rug has been pulled out so many times in the past I'm not even surprised anymore.

My sentiments exactly, it's just such a cliché at this point. If a property from the past gets relaunched (because Hollywood is pretty much out of ideas) you just know it's going to have a "spin" to it.

Fine. Shave Teelas head. Thats all good but just don't lie to fans and say its a continuation of the 80s toon. Definitely false advertising. Id rather they shave all of hemans hair, give manatarms a mohawk and call this a *different* take on motu. Kevin was way too scared to be upfront with fans. Just be real with fans lol smh

On 6/11/2021 at 11:43 PM, EvilHayato said:

This gave me alot of 2003 feels. I love the 2003 motu so im highly into this. Will definitely watch! 

Amen!

Hopefully Masterverse will be successful enough to give us properly articulated figures of that show.