2021 SDCC Exclusive LOTR Select Frodo & Gollum Figures And NBX Minimates

Diamond Select Toys continues to roll out new 2021 San Diego Comic Con exclusives which are available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

For this latest round of reveals there is a The Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates Commemorative Collection Gift Set and Lord of the Rings 7" Frodo & Gollum 2-pack.

The Lord of the Rings Frodo & Gollum SDCC 2021 Exclusive Deluxe Action Figure Set
What has it gots in its pocketses? This exclusive two-pack of Lord of the Rings action figures lets the cat out of the bag, showing Frodo in his completely invisible mode, wearing the one Ring of Sauron. Standing right next to him is Gollum, who looks upset about someone stealing his "precious." Each 4-inch action figure features multiple points of articulation, as well as detailed sculpting and paint applications. This limited edition pair comes packaged in replica of an opening book, along with Gollum's boat. Designed by Eamon O'Donoghue, sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios. Limited to 4000 Pieces.

The Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates SDCC 2021 Exclusive Commemorative Collection Gift Set
What's this? What's this? It's a new gift set of Nightmare before Christmas Minimates! Based on Tim Burton's stop-motion classic, Jack Skellington, Sally, the Mayor, the Wolfman, Behemoth and the Clown with the Tearaway Face come packaged in a hexagonal display that shows off a different character on each side. Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features multiple points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts. Designed by Barry Bradfield! Limited to 1000 pieces.

Check out images for both of these items below.

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-01.jpg

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-02.jpg

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-03.jpg

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-04.jpg

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-05.jpg

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-06.jpg

2021-SDCC-DST-LOTR-07.jpg

The Gollum and Frodo 2 pack is pretty cool, I don't plan on trying to get it because I still don't have any of the the other LOTR figures and I don't think I'm going to get any of them despite my love for LOTR, I just don't think I need another line of figures to start collecting, I'm tired of enough lines I already do collect, plus it seems Canada doesn't have any of these figures yet.

Oh in case anyone is interested, DST just showed images of the next wave (and I hope the last) for the LOTR Select line which consists of Gandalf the gray and a Uruk Hai that apparently serves as an army builder.

RGB_3803-551x1024.thumb.jpg.a773f2250c516b387fff9c99598730fb.jpg

RGB_3799-600x962.thumb.jpg.b46c9146ebffd35320f1cdae817c8840.jpg

RGB_3794-480x1024.thumb.jpg.783ad6d3c6d83866a14aaa0c81502b5d.jpg

With the information about the series Amazon is producing emerging little by little, I hope that the license of both the films and the series will pass to the hands of another, more serious, company.