New Jurassic World 6" Amber Collection Figures Announced From Mattel

JayC

Our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has listed several new Jurassic Park Amber Collection 6" figures for pre-order.

-Jurassic World Amber Collection Dimorphodon Two-Pack
-Jurassic Park III Amber Collection Velociraptor
-Jurassic Park Amber Collection John Hammond
-Jurassic Park Amber Collection Ellie Sattler

No images are available at this time.

Amber-Collection.jpg

• Thanks 1

just like a meme would say: and the dimorphodons won't stop coming and they won't won't stop coming and they won't won't stop coming and they won't won't stop coming and they won't won't stop coming. lol, really though, even as part of the Amber collection i lost interest of Dimorphodons all of a sudden

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how I feel about the face sculpt, not sure I feel it really looks like Richard attenborough, but it might just be the angle, and in hand it looks way better, I like the roll they are on with human figures in the Amber collection right now. I really like that Dimorphodon as well, ugh don't make me want to collect these figures!

6 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Amber Collection Dr. Ellie Sattler.

IMG_20210526_133948.jpg

Can't really tell if the likeness is any good from this pic, but everything else is great, I gotta get at least a Grant and Sattler. I still have so many memories about the day I got that Alan and Ellie figures, and Screaming Raptor, still have em all, what hideous human figures kenner was doing, I just want to now watch all of the Jurassic Park movies, Might have to do that, even though it wasn't long ago I did.

3 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I don't love the alternate head with the glasses but everything else about that Ellie looks amazing.

couldn't agree more bud

• Like 1

Shown below via collectjurassic are updated images for the upcoming 6" Amber Collection Jurassic Park John Hammond, Ellie Sattler, Jurassic World Dimorphodon Two-Pack and Jurassic Park III Velociraptor.

Hammond comes with alternate non-hat headsculpt, Amber cane and alternate hands. Sattler comes with alternate head with glasses, emovable utility belt, Walkie Talkie and light pack.

You can pre-order all these from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Amber-2021-01.jpg

Amber-2021-02.jpg

Amber-2021-03.jpg

Amber-2021-04.jpg

Amber-2021-05.jpg

Amber-2021-06.jpg

Amber-2021-07.jpg

Amber-2021-08.jpg

Amber-2021-09.jpg

Amber-2021-10.jpg

Amber-2021-11.jpg

Amber-2021-12.jpg

Amber-2021-13.jpg

Amber-2021-14.jpg

Amber-2021-15.jpg

Amber-2021-16.jpg

Amber-2021-17.jpg

Amber-2021-18.jpg

Amber-2021-19.jpg

Amber-2021-20.jpg

Amber-2021-21.jpg

Amber-2021-22.jpg

• Like 1

Oh man that those Ellie faces are atrocious, I can't believe those mugs, woof. What the hell was going on there, instantly out on buying that one, which is sad because from the neck down she's great, Buttaface for real.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, DrLava said:

you never heard of their wwe line i guess. or all the dinos theyve been making for the past 5 years. 

I don't collect WWE figures. But to be fair. That's a good point. WWE is handled pretty well by Mattel. The DC figures were the terrible, out dated ones.

The Dino toys I don't have anything bad to say about it. The humans however, are decent, I am seeing improvement.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, DrLava said:

which answer are you looking for this time? different companies? different franchises? the differences between real humans and comic book superheroes? what jurassic collectors want and buy as opposed to what non collectors like yourself want and wont buy? 

To be fair, these are supposed to be in 1:12 scale, and Malcolm is as tall as Thor... so not exactly a human/superhero difference there to point out. To be fair too, ML are bigger than the 1:12, so matching scales should be tough. As a Jurassic Collector, I'd want my figures to match perfectly along all franchises and companies, but I'm settling with what's being given. 

8 hours ago, memocromatico said:

To be fair, these are supposed to be in 1:12 scale, and Malcolm is as tall as Thor... so not exactly a human/superhero difference there to point out. To be fair too, ML are bigger than the 1:12, so matching scales should be tough. As a Jurassic Collector, I'd want my figures to match perfectly along all franchises and companies, but I'm settling with what's being given. 

But Jeff Goldblum is objectively taller than Chris Hemsworth, so i don't see the two being the same height as a problem.  I do think the lack of digital faceprinting for the Jurassic line does make it hard to put them alongside mcu figures even if you pose creatively to mask any height/scale issues, though, especially if you are doing closeup pics. But its not like these figures are not recognizably the Jurassic Park characters they are supposed to represent or anything.

I only have Ray Arnold, and he seems to scale pretty well with my comic ML figures given that Jackson is 6'2", his head seems slightly larger than ML heads but i think Jackson just has a big head.   he does look too big next to say mcu Captain America.  But i mainly got him

1. to use as a generic scientist alongside Moira McTaggert's generic female scientist
  2. because i like the 1:12 scale old-school computer (wish it came with a mouse though!)
  3. because the severed arm accessory is hilarious

So given that i don't plan on using him in mcu displays, he will work nicely with my ML collection.

damn, not exactly the velociraptor i'd picture when they said it was gonna be the jp3 velociraptor, well i wouldn't mind getting this one either it looks ok and nice, same goes for the Ellie figure