First Look At Kaci Walfall As 'Naomi' In The CW's DC Pilot

Outsiders

The CW has released a image of Kaci Walfall as DC’s Naomi in the first look at the CW pilot from Ava Duvernay and Jill Blankenship.

Naomi is based on the eponymous comic book series that debuted in 2019, co-written by Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker and illustrated by breakout artist Jamal Campbell, the show follows a teen girl’s journey from her small northwestern town to the heights of the multiverse. When a supernatural event shakes her hometown to the core, Naomi sets out to uncover its origins, and what she discovers will challenge everything we believe about our heroes.

Walfall stars in the title role along with series regulars Alexander Wraith, Cranston Johnson and Camila Moreno. Additional cast members include Barry Watson, Mouzam Makkar, Mary-Charles Jones, Aidan Gemme, Daniel Puig and Will Meyers.

The pilot was directed by Amanda Marsalis with Blankenship and DuVernay writing and executive producing.

Kaci_Walfall_Naomi.jpg

Gotta say, it's not the most exciting promo image I've ever seen. Kinda reminds me of one of those royalty free photos you'd see illustrating an article in a business magazine. Still, she's cute, so mission accomplished . . . I guess.

Even if it goes to series, I'm not sure I'll watch the show. I mean, I get a good vibe off it, but I'm still a little gun-shy coming off Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I honestly think the CW has realized where they went wrong with the Arrowverse shows and is trying to course correct, at least with their new series' (Stargirl and Superman and Lois are awesome), but that's still only 2 for 7.

Not great odds.

8 hours ago, mako said:

Gotta say, it's not the most exciting promo image I've ever seen. Kinda reminds me of one of those royalty free photos you'd see illustrating an article in a business magazine. Still, she's cute, so mission accomplished . . . I guess.

Even if it goes to series, I'm not sure I'll watch the show. I mean, I get a good vibe off it, but I'm still a little gun-shy coming off Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I honestly think the CW has realized where they went wrong with the Arrowverse shows and is trying to course correct, at least with their new series' (Stargirl and Superman and Lois are awesome), but that's still only 2 for 7.

Not great odds.

The image is based off the cover of the first Naomi comic book.

Naomi_Cover_1.jpg

• Like 1

Love reading the saltiness here lol.

I'm excited for this,  The comic series was good I just wonder if they'll have a certain (very important) hero cameo.

Now to go to the thread about Guy Gardner and see if the same kind of hatrix is popping up over there.    I'll keep saying it; this is why we can't have nice things in the fandom smh

On 5/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, Satam said:

Hatrix the band? Maybe actually go take a look at the Guy Gardner thread. It's not positive.

Yeah the band of the same basic people who have been sideways from jump.  I DID look the  the GG thread before I put my post. There was a tone difference....hence my reply

At the end of the day...we can't have nice stuff because powder possums want to be micro aggressive and speak sideways.  I'll just keep calling it out...even though evidence clearly shows people refuse to do/be better.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...