Super7 Teases A TMNT Ultimates Samurai Turtle Figure, Could Usagi Yojimbo Be Far Behind

JayC

Super7 today released this image teasing one of the figures in their next wave of 7" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ultimates. The image is clearly for one of the Turtles in Samurai gear. Based on the sword and colors its likely Leonardo. With Samurai Turtles coming will Usagi Yojimbo be close behind?

TMNT-Ultimates-Samurai.jpg

• Thanks 1

It’s based on the 80’s Samurai Leo figure from Playmates, which also has a re-action figure. I don’t guess this is necessarily an indicator of Usagi, so much as it is the next natural step for Super7’s TMNT line, as these were the first original turtle variants (along with Undercover Don, Sewer Surfin’ Mike and Space Cadet Raph). Not that I’m trying to pour water on the fire, because an Usagi figure would absolutely be a welcome addition to this collection. 

8 hours ago, Optimuslivs4evr said:

Brian Flynn's last interview he stated that Usagis rights ended up being more complicated than originally thought and that because there was new media coming for him Super7 couldnt produce a figure at this time.

Hmm strange since he said previously Usagi was def coming in the line . NECA has also indicated they would most likely be doing a version. LOL I wonder if Stan Sakai is holding out for more money which honestly I wouldn't blame him if he was

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A2S said:

Usagi? I only see a green turttle hand...

Its a Samurai Turtle which normally goes along with Usagi who Brian stated earlier this year was def coming to the line soon. However some are saying Brian someplace recanted that so IDK.

• Thanks 1

Following Teases earlier this week of the TMNT Ultimates Samurai Turtle Figure and Krang, Super7 has now teased a third figure in their next wave which looks to be of Leatherhead. Stay-Tune for more details on this wave to come soon.

Leatherhead-Tease.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:
Following Teases earlier this week of the TMNT Ultimates Samurai Turtle Figure and Krang, Super7 has now teased a third figure in their next wave which looks to be of Leatherhead. Stay-Tune for more details on this wave to come soon.

Leatherhead-Tease.jpg

That one catched my attention...😀✌️

The Bodiless Burbling Brain, the Swamp-stompin’ Ragin’ Cajun Gator, the Fist-Fighting Fish, and the Samurai Battle Commander are ready for action!

The latest wave of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ULTIMATES! brings you some of the cartoon’s most colorful characters. These made-to-order, highly articulated, deluxe action figures stand 7” tall and feature a variety of interchangeable parts and signature accessories!

Wave 5 is available for pre-order now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. with expected delivery Q2 2022! Claim your Krang, Leatherhead, Ray Fillet, and Sewer Samurai Leo ULTIMATES! Figures today!

Krang - Straight out of Dimension X, it’s evil warlord Krang! While he may look relatively harmless in his bubble walker, his plans include nothing less than world conquest! This made-to-order 7” fully articulated Krang ULTIMATES! figure comes with two interchangeable “heads” that can sit in his mobile life-support system, along with a variety of accessories, including alternate tentacles, mechanized arms, multiple fists, a pet turtle, and his Brain-Drain Gun. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles face a lot of evil plots and Krang is the brains behind a lot of them, LITERALLY! Adding the Bodiless Burbling Brain to your TMNT ULTIMATES! collection is… [wait for it]... a no-brainer!

Leo the Sewer Samurai - It’s not all fun and games being a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and with his relentless studying and training, Leonardo leads by example as he and his brothers take on crime in the big city! This made-to-order 7” fully articulated Leo the Sewer Samurai ULTIMATES! Figure comes with alternate heads and hands and a variety of accessories, including his Wacky War Banner, Samurai shield & sheath, a slice of pizza, and a weapon rack with his shuriken, kunai, samurai claws, and katanas. Leonardo takes crime-fighting seriously, and any serious collector won’t hesitate to add the Samurai Battle Commander to their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ULTIMATES! lineup.

Leatherhead - When they were handing out Southern charm and hospitality, Leatherhead must have been out in the swamp, because this gator wants nothing more than getting revenge on the Ninja Turtles!

This made-to-order 7” fully articulated Leatherhead ULTIMATES! figure comes with alternate hands, his Jumbo Gumbo Belt, and a weapon rack with his fly fishing rod, Turtle Trap, and Swamp Gun. We guarantee you want to snap up the Swamp-stompin,’ Ragin’ Cajun Gator for your TMNT ULTIMATES! collection!

Ray Fillet - Suck saltwater, dude! A marine biologist turned mutant manta ray, Ray Fillet is always someone the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles can turn to when they’re literally in over their head. This made-to-order 7” fully articulated Ray Fillet ULTIMATES! figure comes with alternate heads and hands and a weapon rack including an anchor, Scarfish, and his Ray Gill Gun. Ray Fillet is also accompanied by his sidekick Fish Stix! With global sea levels rising, it would be prudent to order the Fist-Fighting Fish to fill that aquatic hero void in your TMNT ULTIMATES! collection.

TMNT-Ultimates-05-01 1.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-02.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-03.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-04.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-05.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-06.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-07.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-08.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-09.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-10.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-11.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-12.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-13.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-14.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-15.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-16.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-17.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-05-18.jpg

• Thanks 1

Oh damn that Krang and Ray Fillet are superb, I want to say Leather Head as well, but I'm not even sure that's a new figure and they didn't just put the 80's figure in those shots (ha I kid), but no I couldn't really see much update. Sewer Samurai Leo eh, fine, isn't this line still missing a regulard Don? why wouldn't they do that first.

anyways don't collect these I like looking from a far, 80+ dollars here in Canada for Super7 Ultimates, Not respectably affordable to normal humans. Lower the price and I'm on board.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hainrs said:

Randy with NECA flat out said in a live stream that Ray Fillet would never make it into the TMNT Cartoon line. He seems to hate the character and said it would never happen.

Yeah Randy is super vocal about being a real selfish guy, if he doesn't like a character he won't make it, and he seems to not like a lot of things, I still remember him blasting people asking about a Mike Harrigan figure and he was like no I hate Predator 2 Mike Harrigan is sucky (obviously not verbatim, but you get it ;)) I'll never make him no matter how many fans want him. I also remember him shooting down TMNT III movie figures, why because he doesn;t like that movie (he's not wrong I don't either). *shrug* okay Randy! it's your sandbox we know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow these things look incredible. I wish they were cheaper or else Id love to add them. Ive thought of buying just the turtles but just cant fathom paying $200 for them. 

• Thanks 1

Just got notice of these availalbe to order ( in bulk , case costs) but, Seems like most, the biggest issue is not a debate over which figures are more worthy, but the PRICE POINTS.  My supposed " wholesale" costs are up exponentially.. I can barely make a profit reselling after big stores sell them off at MSRP..     Yes Samurai Leo -  why does his body look a bit dinky?   And someone said, where's Donatello? He's coming in December.. I got 3 cases coming, unless.. did i miss something? 

• Thanks 1