No Diecast section?

Crimson Twins

First, let me preface this by saying I am one of the older members on here.  My journey started around 2004, and there have been multiple long term absences from time to time.  So, some of what I 'remember' may have happened before many of the current members even came around, or I may just be misremembering it completely.

I seem to remember back in the day there was a section called 'The Garage'.  It was a small section of the forums where the diecast car guys could get together and talk.  There wasn't many back then, and I wasn't one of them by any means, but they had their spot.  The diecast scene was much milder back then as well.  There wasn't much crossover with pop culture, and it was basically just cool small cars.

Fast forward a good 17 years, and the scene has changed completely.  It, like many other 'collectible toy lines' has boomed.  Now, there are tons of pop culture crossovers, even a dedicated Pop Culture line for Hot Wheels.  I, personally, have become entrenched in this section of the toy collecting world.  One thing I noticed about this world was that there wasn't a lot of places to go to talk about diecast.  Sure, there was official forums for the different brand names, but they often felt very regulated.  I needed a place where I could talk to other collectors without big brother banning me any time I said something derogatory about their particular product.  I figured I would come visit my old favorite toy forums to see if the boom was noticeable there as well.  To my surprise, there was nothing diecast related to be found.  The old garage had been boarded up, most likely in an effort to streamline underperforming sections some years ago.

I was just wondering if there had been any other like-minded diecast collectors out there looking for a place to talk here at TNI?