Mattel Teases New Masters Of The Universe Shogun Skeletor Figure

Mattel through their MattelCreations site has announced they will be doing a Masters of the Universe Shogun Mech Skeletor figure. This will be offered in celebration of the Mattel's 1970's line of Shogun Warriors figures. It's unknown at this time what scale the Skeletor figure will be done in. Stay-tuned for more details on this to come soon.

Skeletor-Mech.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Mattel is only going to use their own IPs for these Jumbo Machinder figures. I hope they bring back Gre-Gory and the Krusher as giant Kaijus like Godzilla was in the original Shogun Warriors line.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, JayC said:
Mattel through their MattelCreations site has announced they will be doing a Masters of the Universe Shogun Mech Skeletor figure. This will be offered in celebration of the Mattel's 1970's line of Shogun Warriors figures. It's unknown at this time what scale the Skeletor figure will be done in. Stay-tuned for more details on this to come soon.

Skeletor-Mech.jpg

I think they will be done in two scales... The Jumbo and the small 5" figures..

We told you this weekend how Mattel was teasing a new MattelCreations project which would be a new Masters of the Universe Skeletor figure based on the classic 70's Shogun Warriors line. Well now thanks to MyGrodd, we have our first look at that figure. Skeletor will stand around 2 feet tall and have a missile firing Havoc staff. It will also have a launching flying fist feature which was common among the original Shogun Warrior figures this is based on. No word yet on price or when it will actually be made available for purchase.

Shogun-Skeletor-02.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-03.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-04.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-05.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-06.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-07.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-08.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-09.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-10.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-11.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-12.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-13.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-14.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-15.jpg

Shogun-Skeletor-16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing about this, seeing how its being offered through MattelCrations you know its going to have a pretty hefty price tag.

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, JayC said:

The thing about this, seeing how its being offered through MattelCrations you know its going to have a pretty hefty price tag.

Actually the company that you referred as the one that did it with Mattel are focus on doing kids toys... Maybe is not that expensive...😃

LOL yeah

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Actually the company that you referred as the one that did it with Mattel are focus on doing kids toys... Maybe is not that expensive...😃

LOL, yeah.

• Thanks 1

Jumbo's are cool...

When S7/Funko did there Machinder of Boba Fett..

I think it  was around $200...That's at "suggested retail" of course...=^)

If your interested in this "BIG" boy....I would get him now..

I can see "price" jumps on this one..

For sure..IMHO

Making these "Vintage" Like Retro's are really cool....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The other day we brought word to you that Mattel was going to be offering a limited edition 2ft tall Masters of the Universe Skeletor figure based on the classic Shogun Warrior line from the 70's. The figure according to Mattel will be made available for purchase on the MattelCreations website on April 23rd. According to Kotaku the figure will cost $300.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Wow, Seriously, I don't think even S7's prices were that wild.

Original Jumbo robots are $500 and up... I would say $800 it's like the standard price so this one would be sold out, no doubt about it...

12 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Wow, Seriously, I don't think even S7's prices were that wild.

S7's recent jumbo machinder of optimus prime is $350. So yeah, S7 still more expensive than everyone else offering a similar product 

• Thanks 1

Wow, to think there was a time when giant robots with actual spring loaded firing fists were $18, and even that was expensive for the times. This is nothing close to my cup of tea, but good luck with that.

• Thanks 1