Jump to content

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Lands Female Lead Opposite Harrison Ford For 'Indiana Jones 5'


Recommended Posts

Disney has confirmed with a Twitter announcement that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is set to co-star opposite Harrison Ford in the fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise.

The next installment of the movie was announced at the Disney Investors Presentation in December and James Mangold would be taking over the directing reins from Steven Spielberg, who still is serving as a producer and is very much involved in various elements of the film.

Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel will join Spielberg as producers. John Williams, who has worked on every score in the 40-year-old franchise including its iconic theme, also will return as composer.

Mangold is meeting with other talent for additional role in preparation for a 2021 summer production.  Plot details are being kept quiet right now and very little details behind who Waller-Bridge will play. The film is set to hit theaters on July 29th, 2022.

Waller-Bridge has numerous credits in the business with her TV show Fleabag, winning a 2019 emmys for Best Actress and Best Comedy Series and serving as an executive producer on the hit BBC show Killing Eve.  She also served as a writer on the next James Bond pic No Time to Die and voiced L3-37 in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Source: Deadline

 

Phoebe_Waller_Bridge.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No surprise they're doing another one. Paramount destroyed Star Trek, Kennedy killed Star Wars, Disney twisted Marvel into a bad joke (literally), and Abrams is gearing up to FUBAR Superman. There aren't that many classic franchises left to destroy. Indy's card just came up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kennedy is out to ruin another franchise with her " check box " film making. Its not about storytelling anymore, its about pleasing the left and their agenda. This actress will probably have more screen time than Mr. Ford. No thank you. Nonsense like this kinda makes me wish covid had bankrupt and ended all theaters. Then we wouldn't be subject to the transformation of movies as a source entertainment to devices made to try and tell you how to think and feel.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 5:03 AM, ghostbogey said:

Thanks for the Indy news.....

If you really wanted to get my attention...

Indian Jones VS Tomb Raider Movie concept....

That would get it for sure ;^)

 

Nah, I think they've screwed over enough franchises with hackneyed team-ups. Just give me a good Indiana Jones. Leave the crossovers to the fan-fic writers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, Belmont13 said:

I'm a big fan of Indiana Jones, I even enjoyed the last one for the most part but I have no excitement for this one. 

I feel the same, I actually didn't hate the Crystal Skull, it was fun for what it was. I however felt like that was the final hoorah and more movies with old man Indy is just squeezing blood from the geriatric.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, another one bites the dust.

Seems like Kennedy has set out to single handedly destroy Harrison Ford's legacy in any and all iconic movie roles he's had. I'd feel bad for him, but he seems to be all onboard for it as well. Then again, he might be at that point in life where he just doesn't care anymore and is just in it for a money grab.

They'll probably kill of Indy, make Waller-Bridge's character the new Indy, but of course she won't use his name, she'll be better than Indy, and she'll make her own way. And then that franchise will die on the vine cuz no one is going watch this movie, and all the true Indiana Jones fans are going to turn away.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel the same, I actually didn't hate the Crystal Skull, it was fun for what it was. I however felt like that was the final hoorah and more movies with old man Indy is just squeezing blood from the geriatric.

Not sure what Ford's age has to do with it. I mean nobody complains when Liam Neeson makes one of HIS action flicks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liam Neeson isn't going to be 80 years old when his next movie opens. I also don't think anybody expects to see him swing on a whip. I also stopped watching his action movies a while ago. Not because he's too old, but because the premise behind the movies themselves just got tired. But, sure, he's probably too old for his movies, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Satam said:

Liam Neeson isn't going to be 80 years old when his next movie opens. I also don't think anybody expects to see him swing on a whip. I also stopped watching his action movies a while ago. Not because he's too old, but because the premise behind the movies themselves just got tired. But, sure, he's probably too old for his movies, too.

Neither is Ford, he's only 78. Neeson is 68 and in his latest movie I saw him tackle a guy out of a second story window. That's what stunt-guys are for . . . unless you think it was actually Ford swinging on a whip all those times.

For good reason, we're not allowed to practice racism or sexism. We should probably add ageism to that list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

29 minutes ago, mako said:

Neither is Ford, he's only 78. Neeson is 68 and in his latest movie I saw him tackle a guy out of a second story window. That's what stunt-guys are for . . . unless you think it was actually Ford swinging on a whip all those times.

For good reason, we're not allowed to practice racism or sexism. We should probably add ageism to that list.

He is, actually. Ford turns 80 on July 13th 2022, and Indiana Jones 5 is slated to open July 28th. The last Indy movie already made a big deal about his age and did a bunch of the "he's too old" tropes and gags, and that was 13 years ago. What the hell do they do now? Pretend that didn't happen, and it's no big deal now? Lean into it even harder, because he'll be 79 when filming starts?
Also, I think there's a difference huge between engaging in discrimination against older people in real life scenarios and suggesting that the advanced age of actors might stretch the credibility of the unnecessary action-adventure movie sequels in which they'll be starring, stunt doubles or no. If you don't, that's your prerogative.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mako said:

Not sure what Ford's age has to do with it. I mean nobody complains when Liam Neeson makes one of HIS action flicks.

 

1 hour ago, Satam said:

 

He is, actually. Ford turns 80 on July 13th 2022, and Indiana Jones 5 is slated to open July 28th. The last Indy movie already made a big deal about his age and did a bunch of the "he's too old" tropes and gags, and that was 13 years ago. What the hell do they do now? Pretend that didn't happen, and it's no big deal now? Lean into it even harder, because he'll be 79 when filming starts?
Also, I think there's a difference huge between engaging in discrimination against older people in real life scenarios and suggesting that the advanced age of actors might stretch the credibility of the unnecessary action-adventure movie sequels in which they'll be starring, stunt doubles or no. If you don't, that's your prerogative.

This ^

also I feel like stop trying to milk a once thriving franchise, leave 80 year old Indy out of the action, it just seems to be really grasping at straws here for these film studios, let the franchise rest, it ran it's course, don't subject an 80 year old man to this. Liam neeson is also at least 10 years younger then Ford, 10 years is a big difference when you are in the Twilight years.

bottom line let Indy go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deadline is reporting that Mads Mikkelsen has joined the cast which includes Harrison Ford and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.  No details were provided as to the character Mikkelsen will play.

Mads_Mikkelsen.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE