Jump to content

NECA TMNT Pizza Monster and More Going Up For Preorder on NECA's Website


Recommended Posts

Just in is news of the NECA TMNT Pizza Monster and More that are going up for preorder on NECA's Website.

Based on the classic 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series! After being accidentally exposed to radioactive ooze, four ordinary household pets are transformed into a band of wisecracking, pizza-loving, villain-dicing adolescent reptiles!
Whether it's facing fierce enemies or saving humanity from near extinction, with the guidance of their Sensei, these Heroes in a Half Shell are always ready for straight outta the sewer action!

The Pizza Monsters come from Dimension X, and are part of a plot to defeat the Turtles which ultimately fails and requires both sides to team up to defeat the alien threat. This Ultimate Pizza Monster towers over the Turtles at 9" tall, and includes its juvenile Pizza Monster form, pizza in box, and a remote control device. Comes in collector-friendly
Window box packaging.

Also up for pre-order are Rat King & Vernon 2 pack and Triceraton Infantryman & Roadkill Rodney 3 Pack. You have between 4/9 to 4/18 to pre-order these. And there will be new pre-orders next Friday.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (CARTOON) ULTIMATE PIZZA MONSTER (6)__scaled_600.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (CARTOON) ULTIMATE PIZZA MONSTER (5)__scaled_600.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (CARTOON) ULTIMATE PIZZA MONSTER (4)__scaled_600.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (CARTOON) ULTIMATE PIZZA MONSTER (3)__scaled_600.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (CARTOON) ULTIMATE PIZZA MONSTER (2)__scaled_600.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (CARTOON) ULTIMATE PIZZA MONSTER (1)__scaled_600.jpg

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, you no longer have to deal with Target to get it, hopefully the first releases will also be offered this way again in some future.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want this, but I love that they finally made a Pizza Monster figure, I always dreamed of getting this in the original line as a kid. I don't care for this toony look, but I'd be pretty stoked if they made a video game version of this guy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

See this kind of thing is why i kind of wish I was collecting these. They find ways to bring in stuff you never thought youd see have a figure made of. They know how to find the deepest characters and bring them to life in figure form. I also glad I dont because they are a hell of a trouble finding as well as they have made a crap ton of figures to get. Just way too much good stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
NECA continues to roll out TMNT Animated series items for pre-order on their own website for both US and International customers. Today they are offering a brand new never before-released 2-pack of Ace Duck & Mutagen Man.

Based on the classic 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series! After being accidentally exposed to radioactive ooze, four ordinary household pets are transformed into a band of wisecracking, pizza-loving, villain-dicing adolescent reptiles! Whether it's facing fierce enemies or saving humanity from near extinction, with the guidance of their Sensei, these Heroes in a Half Shell are always ready for straight outta the sewer action!
Clumsy delivery man Seymour Gutz accidentally stumbles upon Shredder's secret lab and falls into a tank of ooze, becoming Mutagen Man. Will he ever regain his human form, and will he be friend or foe to the Turtles? Mutagen Man comes with swappable face, tank and weapon accessories.
When the Turtles need a break from all the action, they check out a film festival starring Ace Duck, the aerodynamic adventurer! Ace comes with two service pistols, pilot's cap, VHS tape, film reel and alternate head.

This is a Pre-order Estimated Shipping: Fall 2021

AceDuckandMutagenMan-01.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ace, YES!!!

I'd preorder this bad boy right now, but I draw the line at paying up front for a pre-order. As much as I'd love a note excusing me from the hunt, I'll wait for Target.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Ace Duck never "actually" appeared in the series, he was a TV character WITHIN the show, and he was spotted on the TMNT's TV maybe twice.  I just . . . I don't get it.  Why??  But whatever. **shrug**
<P>
Mutagen Man, I understand sorta, VERY Iconic character.  But . . . can someone tell me why NECA CANNOT get the proportions on these figures right??  Baxter's head, April's whole body, the Stone Warriors' legs, and now this dude.  Yes, he's a short and stumpy character.  But I poured over numerous screenshots, his legs and arms are the same length.  He does NOT have gorilla arms and dwarf legs. *sigh*
<P>
I do WANT MM, but this one is a REAL hard sell.  Have to think on it a few days.
<P>
. . . When are we getting pre-orders for Mondo Gecko and Muckman & Joe Eyeball?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 4:56 AM, Batman1701 said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Ace Duck never "actually" appeared in the series, he was a TV character WITHIN the show, and he was spotted on the TMNT's TV maybe twice.  I just . . . I don't get it.  Why??  But whatever. **shrug**

So you're saying he DID appear in the series? What's the problem!?!

Sure, Ace Duck required a deep-dive into TMNTV continuity, but I don't have a problem with that. Any figures they wanna make are fine with me.

Plus, if they're willing to strap on the snorkel for Ace, who only made the briefest of cameos, I figure that has to improve the chances of getting characters like Bug-Man, Dirk Anger, Wesley Knight, or Krakus . . . maybe even Carter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 8:31 AM, mako said:

So you're saying he DID appear in the series? What's the problem!?!

Sure, Ace Duck required a deep-dive into TMNTV continuity, but I don't have a problem with that. Any figures they wanna make are fine with me.

Plus, if they're willing to strap on the snorkel for Ace, who only made the briefest of cameos, I figure that has to improve the chances of getting characters like Bug-Man, Dirk Anger, Wesley Knight, or Krakus . . . maybe even Carter.

I mean, "problem" is a bit of a stretch?  I'm a long-time toy collector and former marketing professional, but at the end of the day, I'm just a guy spouting opinions on the internet, same as the rest of us. *LOL* Obviously, toy company's gonna do what toy company's gonna do.  I find it baffling and I don't actually see the marketing sense behind the decision . . . but then it's not ACTUALLY any skin off my neck. *shrug*
<P>
I guess from a personal perspective, my big thing is that I can see a number of more prominent characters they could be focusing on, characters that actually had multiple episodes devoted to them.  Bug-Man is actually a great example!  Or Tempestra.  Or the Neutrinos, or Zach the Fifth Turtle, or Ground Chuck and Dirtbag (they're making a Kerma figure, so those two would make PERFECT sense), or Usagi Yojimbo (if they can get the rights), or human Baxter Stockman (who was in more episodes than Baxter-Fly), or Irma Langenstein and Burne Thompson (which I'm PRETTY sure we're getting), or some Stone Warrior grunts for army building . . . etc.  Even the Pizza Monsters, who were a one-episode throw-away gag, make sense because there were three of them, which instantly means fans are going to want to buy multiple figures.
<P>
But a "character" who had less than 5 seconds of total screen time? Ace just seems . . . well, to borrow the word from Hun in "Turtles Forever," he's kinda superfluous. *LOL*  So I just . . . don't really get it.
<P>
But again . . . it's not a "problem."  I just don't see the logic or appeal.  But I don't need to.  I'm just explaining an opinion, no one has to agree. :)
<P>
. . . And it should be noted, I DID decide to buy them. *LMAO* Because I'm a bit of a completionist with this line.  So clearly, NECA isn't STUPID. 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

But again . . . it's not a "problem."  I just don't see the logic or appeal.  But I don't need to.  I'm just explaining an opinion, no one has to agree. :)
<P>
. . . And it should be noted, I DID decide to buy them. *LMAO* Because I'm a bit of a completionist with this line.  So clearly, NECA isn't STUPID. 🤣

Fair enough. For what it's worth, though, I wasn't actually "calling you out" so much as just saying I'm cool with anyone they make. Technically, I DON'T disagree with you, there ARE characters (Bug Man, Titanus) I want to see done before others (the Fifth Turtle).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

I mean, "problem" is a bit of a stretch?  I'm a long-time toy collector and former marketing professional, but at the end of the day, I'm just a guy spouting opinions on the internet, same as the rest of us. *LOL* Obviously, toy company's gonna do what toy company's gonna do.  I find it baffling and I don't actually see the marketing sense behind the decision . . . but then it's not ACTUALLY any skin off my neck. *shrug*
<P>
I guess from a personal perspective, my big thing is that I can see a number of more prominent characters they could be focusing on, characters that actually had multiple episodes devoted to them.  Bug-Man is actually a great example!  Or Tempestra.  Or the Neutrinos, or Zach the Fifth Turtle, or Ground Chuck and Dirtbag (they're making a Kerma figure, so those two would make PERFECT sense), or Usagi Yojimbo (if they can get the rights), or human Baxter Stockman (who was in more episodes than Baxter-Fly), or Irma Langenstein and Burne Thompson (which I'm PRETTY sure we're getting), or some Stone Warrior grunts for army building . . . etc.  Even the Pizza Monsters, who were a one-episode throw-away gag, make sense because there were three of them, which instantly means fans are going to want to buy multiple figures.
<P>
But a "character" who had less than 5 seconds of total screen time? Ace just seems . . . well, to borrow the word from Hun in "Turtles Forever," he's kinda superfluous. *LOL*  So I just . . . don't really get it.
<P>
But again . . . it's not a "problem."  I just don't see the logic or appeal.  But I don't need to.  I'm just explaining an opinion, no one has to agree. :)
<P>
. . . And it should be noted, I DID decide to buy them. *LMAO* Because I'm a bit of a completionist with this line.  So clearly, NECA isn't STUPID. 🤣

I guess it's nostalgia. Ace Duck was one of the figures I remember the most from my childhood, and he was one of my favorites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

I mean, "problem" is a bit of a stretch?  I'm a long-time toy collector and former marketing professional, but at the end of the day, I'm just a guy spouting opinions on the internet, same as the rest of us. *LOL* Obviously, toy company's gonna do what toy company's gonna do.  I find it baffling and I don't actually see the marketing sense behind the decision . . . but then it's not ACTUALLY any skin off my neck. *shrug*
<P>
I guess from a personal perspective, my big thing is that I can see a number of more prominent characters they could be focusing on, characters that actually had multiple episodes devoted to them.  Bug-Man is actually a great example!  Or Tempestra.  Or the Neutrinos, or Zach the Fifth Turtle, or Ground Chuck and Dirtbag (they're making a Kerma figure, so those two would make PERFECT sense), or Usagi Yojimbo (if they can get the rights), or human Baxter Stockman (who was in more episodes than Baxter-Fly), or Irma Langenstein and Burne Thompson (which I'm PRETTY sure we're getting), or some Stone Warrior grunts for army building . . . etc.  Even the Pizza Monsters, who were a one-episode throw-away gag, make sense because there were three of them, which instantly means fans are going to want to buy multiple figures.
<P>
But a "character" who had less than 5 seconds of total screen time? Ace just seems . . . well, to borrow the word from Hun in "Turtles Forever," he's kinda superfluous. *LOL*  So I just . . . don't really get it.
<P>
But again . . . it's not a "problem."  I just don't see the logic or appeal.  But I don't need to.  I'm just explaining an opinion, no one has to agree. :)
<P>
. . . And it should be noted, I DID decide to buy them. *LMAO* Because I'm a bit of a completionist with this line.  So clearly, NECA isn't STUPID. 🤣

Hey I wish other companies do that... For example Transformers there are characters shown in one episode only and there are no figures of them yet... Example the episode "Only Humans"...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mako said:

Fair enough. For what it's worth, though, I wasn't actually "calling you out" so much as just saying I'm cool with anyone they make. Technically, I DON'T disagree with you, there ARE characters (Bug Man, Titanus) I want to see done before others (the Fifth Turtle).

And that's fair, I'm not surprised most fans aren't interested in the TMNT's version of Wesley Crusher. *LMAO* 
<P>
I will say, I will be SHOCKED if we see any Red Sky figures . . . but hey, it's NECA, just look at their Predator line, ANYTHING'S possible!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I guess it's nostalgia. Ace Duck was one of the figures I remember the most from my childhood, and he was one of my favorites. 

I suppose that's where my disconnect is: the toys weren't actually based on the cartoon.  Like, almost AT ALL.  That's why the Super7 TMNT figure line exists, it's all about toy nostalgia, so I'd absolutely expect Ace to appear in that series.  The NECA one is about CARTOON nostalgia, however, and I just personally can't compute having nostalgia for the cartoon version when he barely exists. *LOL*
<P>
But obviously, other people DO compute that, there is crossover nostalgia between the two, so NECA knows best in this case. :) 
<P>
In any case, I'm glad you're getting a character you have a deep connection to!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

I suppose that's where my disconnect is: the toys weren't actually based on the cartoon.  Like, almost AT ALL.  That's why the Super7 TMNT figure line exists, it's all about toy nostalgia, so I'd absolutely expect Ace to appear in that series.  The NECA one is about CARTOON nostalgia, however, and I just personally can't compute having nostalgia for the cartoon version when he barely exists. *LOL*
<P>
But obviously, other people DO compute that, there is crossover nostalgia between the two, so NECA knows best in this case. :) 
<P>
In any case, I'm glad you're getting a character you have a deep connection to!

I think its more about nostalgia for the cartoon overall which my guess has wider appeal than the toys themselves. Like for me I never collected TMNT toys as a kid, but I watched the cartoon all the time. The cartoon was my #1 exposure for TMNT. There are characters from the cartoon much higher up on my wish list than Ace Duck and if it wasn't for the fact NECA is making it pretty easy to get this set I would probably not sweat it if I didnt find it at Target. Still he is a cool looking character so I don't mind adding him.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NECA has up on their website another Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon 2-Pack available for pre-order. This week its the never before seen Antrax and Scumbug 2-pack.

They also have for those who missed it the previously released Tragg and Grannitor 2-pack and Deluxe Krang Android Body figure. These will be available for pre-order until next Friday.

The Antrax and Scumbug 2-pack should also see eventual release at Target stores.

AntraxandScumbug-01.jpg

AntraxandScumbug-02.jpg

AntraxandScumbug-03.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man NECA is reallly pumping those turtle figures out. It feels like every other week they have a new one announced or coming out. They are all pretty awesome. I had alot of the original ones growing up but I couldnt keep up with the new ones these days. Fun to watch what new stuff they come up with tho. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Antrax and Scumbug! man those are great, I honestly don't remember Antrax in the Cartoon though, maybe I was long checked out by then, must have been a season near the end.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Antrax and Scumbug! man those are great, I honestly don't remember Antrax in the Cartoon though, maybe I was long checked out by then, must have been a season near the end.

 

7 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I am trying hard but I can't remember those, I guess I'm fake fan after all, but they still look great.

No, you guys aren't fake fans, and though you MAY have "checked out by then" since these guys were season 7 characters, that still isn't necessarily to blame for not knowing these two. No, the real reason you've never heard of them is because these guys are one-shot cameo characters only SLIGHTLY less obscure than . . . well, than Ace Duck. *LOL, sigh*
<P>
"Night of the Rogues" was the 6th episode of season 7, wherein Shredder - totally done with being humiliated on the daily by the TMNT - rebuilds Chrome Dome, and then hires several of the Turtles' worst enemies to work together to defeat the Fab Four.  He recruits Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash, Tempestra (herself a fairly little-know character, a videogame brought to life, has a thing for Leonardo, only in one prior episode, never had an action figure) . . . and two insectoid mutants, Antrax (mutant ant, supposedly Krang's executioner from Dimension X, originated in the toyline, but his figure wasn't all that well known) and Scumbug (mutant . . . roach? with NO backstory, also originated in the toyline, was a fairly popular figure IIRC).
<P>
And this, in and of itself, is the really funny part: both characters were introduced as if they were old enemies of the Green Machine.  Shredder's like "So, you know Krang's executioner, Antrax, right?" and Scumbug is "Hey, and you couldn't forget me, could ya?!"  And no, he's right, they couldn't forget him, 'cuz they NEVER MET HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!  Neither character had EVER appeared in the show before! *LMAO*  They were apparently planned to appear in earlier seasons, but those stories simply NEVER got produced!
<P>
Sssoooo . . . yeah.  No one can blame you for forgetting these guys, because . . . well, they BARELY had an appearance in the series.  They came late to the toyline, they came even later to the show, they had zero backstory or explanation, they were part of an ensemble episode, they were outshined by MULTIPLE more popular and well-known villains . . . they were basically a throw-away cameo to tie the show to the toys.
<P>
But here's the thing: NECA has made Rat King, Leatherhead, and Slash.  We've seen Chrome Dome, so we know he's on the way.  And now Scumbug and Antrax, who ONLY appear in this ONE episode of the cartoon.  Something tells me that NECA is rounding out the "Night of the Rogues" lineup, which means we should see a Tempestra figure ANY DAY NOW!! *LOL*

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Batman1701 said:

 

these guys were season 7 characters,
<P>
 

Ah that makes sense why I never saw Antrax in the show, and I guess Scumbug, I actually know both characters, I was familiar with the figures and owned Scumbug, Always wanted Antrax, I remember Scumbug from the Archie Imprint comics as well. I remember as a kid I actually only ever watched the Cartoon from seasons 1-3 and bits of 4, I had long moved on by the time season 7 came.

Thanks for the details on these two guys and their appearances in the show 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE