Jupiter's Legacy - Official Trailer

Outsiders

After nearly a century of keeping mankind safe, the world's first generation of superheroes must look to their children to continue the legacy. But tensions rise as the young superheroes, hungry to prove their worth, struggle to live up to their parents' legendary public reputations — and exacting personal standards. Based on the graphic novels by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely, Jupiter's Legacy is an epic superhero drama that spans decades and navigates the complex dynamics of family, power, and loyalty.

From executive producers Mark Millar, Frank Quitely, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Dan McDermott, Steven S. DeKnight, James Middleton, Sang Kyu Kim.

Jupiter’s Legacy stars Josh Duhamel as Sheldon aka "The Utopian", Leslie Bibb as Grace aka "Lady Liberty", Ben Daniels as Walter aka "Brainwave", Andrew Horton as Brandon aka "Paragon", Elena Kampouris as Chloe Sampson, Matt Lante as George aka "Sky Fox", Ian Quinlan as Actor, Mike Wade as Fitz aka "The Flare", David Julian Hirsh as Richard aka "Blue Bolt" and Tenika Davis as Petra

Jupiter's Legacy premieres on May 7th, 2021 on Netflix.

• Like 1

When this was originally teased I was kinda in, now this just seems like they are running this whole grown up superhero show thing into the ground, everything wants to be the boys, everything wants to be invincible, this is just that. I fear the fatigue is going to set in quickly, it's all starting to feel the same.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

When this was originally teased I was kinda in, now this just seems like they are running this whole grown up superhero show thing into the ground, everything wants to be the boys, everything wants to be invincible, this is just that. I fear the fatigue is going to set in quickly, it's all starting to feel the same.

Was going to say something similar. The superhero genre, namely the mature superhero genre, is starting to feel like the zombie genre. Everyone is doing it and its coming out of the woodwork. I do find them interesting but when you have so many, its hard to not feel a blending and they lose their identity in all of it. At least with Marvel and DC stuff they feel drastically different from eachother. MCU stuff definitely feels more grounded and less like alot of these other shows. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Was going to say something similar. The superhero genre, namely the mature superhero genre, is starting to feel like the zombie genre. Everyone is doing it and its coming out of the woodwork. I do find them interesting but when you have so many, its hard to not feel a blending and they lose their identity in all of it. At least with Marvel and DC stuff they feel drastically different from eachother. MCU stuff definitely feels more grounded and less like alot of these other shows. 

Yeah it's getting bad right now, it seems like in the last year or so the market is flooding, it's starting to feel exactly like the zombie genre, it's getting bland, and losing it's value from over population, and I worry it's going to get worse, this is just the beginning. Hey don't get me wrong I love The Boys, I love Invincible, I liked the 1st season of Umbrella Academy, but those are some front runners, it's about to get ugly.

26 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah it's getting bad right now, it seems like in the last year or so the market is flooding, it's starting to feel exactly like the zombie genre, it's getting bland, and losing it's value from over population, and I worry it's going to get worse, this is just the beginning. Hey don't get me wrong I love The Boys, I love Invincible, I liked the 1st season of Umbrella Academy, but those are some front runners, it's about to get ugly.

Funny enough, I love the boys, invincible, and even the umbrella academy. Those are great examples of spreading out the superhero genre, to give some grounded and realistically dark perspectives. I think the more success these type of series/movies get, the more we are going to see others try to cash in as well. Oh this comic is getting a live action adaptation? oh it became a success, hey i got this comic here, make it one too! Its just like when the walking dead got huge at the spawn of zombie popularity. Look at the series now tho, we have 3 separate shows from the comics, multiple games, and a bunch of other oversaturation of the genre. They ran it into the ground with very very little originality. I was a HUUUUUGE zombie fan back around like 2004 and loved zombie stuff, it was common but not so popular you saw it everywhere. Go 15 years into the future and its everywhere. Superhero stuff thanks to the MCU has become so widespread popular that its just in every facet now and so many adaptations are coming out of nowhere to get a piece of that pie. It will definitely only get worse the more saturated it gets. Quite unfortunate. Its why trends die out, they get so overly exposed, we get sick of them and move on to the next big thing. 

• 3 weeks later...