G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd Coming To Target As An Exclusive?

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I would say clearly not, it must not be enough, because people are still demanding these figures, this is all I'm saying, and yes think about it, even if a store got 1 case, and the whole case got bought by 1 scalper that's still only 6 figures, only 6 people may have got, think about how many figures are stocked on the pegs from lines like Marvel Legends or Black Series, you probably will come hitting me back with "but those lines are more popular" and you are correct, but stores recieve 5++ cases of waves over a course of several months, but clearly if they made more Joes and had them readily available people would be eager to buy, so why not produce more?, or target order more, I still think despite the number crunching you have done (which makes sense) it's not enough, Hasbro could be making a potential new buyer everyday if they saw these figures on pegs, how many new Legends collectors begin their collections each day? Worldwide, same could be with Joes. if you build it they will come idea, I stand by that.

and while its a nice idea, fiscally it makes no sense. hasbro isnt trying to grow the brand. we're lucky they even make what they do. 

look, i love gi joe, just like 90% of this forum. but there are not 10,000 individual people that would buy firefly solely to keep for their own collection. if these werent a target exclusive they'd be everywhere online like the other waves. thats why people want them, cause theyre exclusive. if it wasnt for target these would be joecon or sdcc exclusives and would 5 times the prices they are now with production runs of 1000 figs each.

and youre confusing actual demand with demand at a particular price. people want these figures for $20. go to ebay or amazon or your local comic store and the figures are available to be purchased. it sucks but its not hasbro who is to blame. they can only produce what is ordered. like jay c keeps telling you guys, target and walmart control the toy industry at the brick and mortar level. complain to target, get in a fight in the store, start a petition, idk lol but target is who controls this line and i doubt they care who is buying their products and what they do with them after they leave the store either.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets set aside a moment that based on the Viper and Firefly that sold out in 3 mins so that even most premium members didnt get one, you can't understand how ridiculous it is for a company to ask peop

I do value my time, but instead of saying to a company hey I am so desperate to buy your stuff I will pay you an additional $50 for you to give me a slightly better chance of buying your product my me

My Zartan and standard Cobra Trooper came in from Dorkside today, both are spectacular.  Zartan is a long time favorite and they did him justice to say the least.  The detail in the sculpt and paint i

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DrLava said:

and while its a nice idea, fiscally it makes no sense. hasbro isnt trying to grow the brand. we're lucky they even make what they do. 

look, i love gi joe, just like 90% of this forum. but there are not 10,000 individual people that would buy firefly solely to keep for their own collection. if these werent a target exclusive they'd be everywhere online like the other waves. thats why people want them, cause theyre exclusive. if it wasnt for target these would be joecon or sdcc exclusives and would 5 times the prices they are now with production runs of 1000 figs each.

and youre confusing actual demand with demand at a particular price. people want these figures for $20. go to ebay or amazon or your local comic store and the figures are available to be purchased. it sucks but its not hasbro who is to blame. they can only produce what is ordered. like jay c keeps telling you guys, target and walmart control the toy industry at the brick and mortar level. complain to target, get in a fight in the store, start a petition, idk lol but target is who controls this line and i doubt they care who is buying their products and what they do with them after they leave the store either.

Alright fair enough, this discussion between us two currently taking place is just going to become cyclical, so I can just say, alright.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I'll believe that Hasbro isn't selling off their own figures on eBay when I read from one person who was able to login to Hasbro Pulse and buy a Firefly or Viper... 😉

I doubt the CEO of Hasbro is pulling the figures and scalping them, but the kid working in the warehouse might be.

1 hour ago, ransomz said:

I doubt the CEO of Hasbro is pulling the figures and scalping them, but the kid working in the warehouse might be.

lol you've clearly never been to a distribution center

• Thanks 1

It’s called scarcity, and in this case it’s done on purpose to ramp up hype and the perception of exclusivity. Jordan brand has been doing this for 20 years and it hasn’t gotten better. There’s still violence over shoes. I don’t care what anyone says on a forum, its definitely on purpose and it’s definitely good for long term business even if it dents short term profits. Remember the last Jedi? They never want to see that happen again, with $20.00 products gathering dust at $9.99. it’s bad for the brands image. They’d rather deal with angry nerds. but they’re also smart enough to restock when demand drops, as to make sure the value dies as soon as the hype dies. People only care about this junk for a month and then it’s on to the next thing.

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, ZoomAir said:

It’s called scarcity, and in this case it’s done on purpose to ramp up hype and the perception of exclusivity. Jordan brand has been doing this for 20 years and it hasn’t gotten better. There’s still violence over shoes. I don’t care what anyone says on a forum, its definitely on purpose and it’s definitely good for long term business even if it dents short term profits. Remember the last Jedi? They never want to see that happen again, with $20.00 products gathering dust at $9.99. it’s bad for the brands image. They’d rather deal with angry nerds. but they’re also smart enough to restock when demand drops, as to make sure the value dies as soon as the hype dies. People only care about this junk for a month and then it’s on to the next thing.

except youre comparing the flagship product of nike to the lowest selling property of hasbro. and nike sets the quantity cap on special releases, colorways, and retros only. general release shoes in popular sizes are given massive production runs. 

the violence you refer to is the same thing that happens with trading card collectors. the aftermarket value can reach into the thousands. the highest selling gi joe classified figure would be baroness, right around $200, which is nowhere near the aftermarket value of certain pairs of jordans or certain cards. 

the star wars figures selling at half price is a retailer decision, not a hasbro one. hasbro could care less what target does with their figures after shelf life has been met. and hasbro would love for that to keep happening. they get paid from retailers directly, what the consumer pays in those stores has no impact on hasbro finances.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ZoomAir said:

Remember the last Jedi? They never want to see that happen again, with $20.00 products gathering dust at $9.99. 

Sequel trilogy characters don't sell well, let's be honest. I was still seeing a lot of Reys, Finns and some random Sequel trilogy characters just gathering dust a few years after TFA & TLJ was released and those 3.75" Rose Tico toys were being sold at less than $2, despite her character trying to appeal to Asians.

• Thanks 1

As I said, if Hasbro would just get these things back in stores, I'd buy. Well, at my nearest Target yesterday I found the new redecos: Scarlett, Roadblock, and even Zartan.

Now all that remains to be seen is if this is indeed the end of the drought, or just one of those occasional summer sprinkles that only serves to make things humid, sticky, and even less bearable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mako said:

As I said, if Hasbro would just get these things back in stores, I'd buy. Well, at my nearest Target yesterday I found the new redecos: Scarlett, Roadblock, and even Zartan.

Now all that remains to be seen is if this is indeed the end of the drought, or just one of those occasional summer sprinkles that only serves to make things humid, sticky, and even less bearable.

and as others have said, its not up to hasbro. hasbro would love for there to be entire aisles filled with their toys. they cant ship out what retailers dont purchase.

• Thanks 1

Another sighting in another Target. This time just a lonely redeco Scarlett though. They're moving slow, but Hasbro seems to be getting back to work Joe-wise. Here's hoping they can keep up the momentum, or in this case, START some momentum.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, mako said:

Another sighting in another Target. This time just a lonely redeco Scarlett though. They're moving slow, but Hasbro seems to be getting back to work Joe-wise. Here's hoping they can keep up the momentum, or in this case, START some momentum.

I may have to pass by and check on my local Target stores... 

I was always wondering If theres supposed to be some correlation between Major Bludd and Dr X from Action man toy line, they do be looking kinda similar. Probably reused designs in hasbro house, now I'm wondering if there's some small possibility for action man revival in 6 inch scale.

• Thanks 1

My Zartan and standard Cobra Trooper came in from Dorkside today, both are spectacular.  Zartan is a long time favorite and they did him justice to say the least.  The detail in the sculpt and paint is phenomenal, and there are tons of little extras like those monkey paws and snake heads......things they didn't have to add in.....the kinds of little fun extras that are missing in a line like, oh, say, Marvel Legends.  I really can't put the guy down.

As for the Trooper.....if every Target exclusive gets a re-release on par with this guy, we really don't have anything to worry about.  I have one standard and one exclusive now, and putting them side by side, I really can't choose a better one.  There are slight differences, a couple of missing accessories, but they did nothing to the reissue to detract from it in any way aesthetically speaking.  Anyone would love an army of 10 of this guy.  

Putting aside availability issues, I think this line may be the best thing Hasbro is currently putting out.  As I said above, the detail and fun little extras is something that is present in more than just the Zartan figure.  It's really great to see what is possible at this price point for a standard retail figure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

Putting aside availability issues, I think this line may be the best thing Hasbro is currently putting out.  As I said above, the detail and fun little extras is something that is present in more than just the Zartan figure.  It's really great to see what is possible at this price point for a standard retail figure.

I've said that from the get-go. It's like they found a way to meld the best of what they were doing with the MCU figures, the best of what they were doing with Comic Marvel Legends, and a bit of what they TRIED to do with Overwatch.

The quality of the line is really what makes the bloody availability so infuriating. Once Hasbro gets all their ducks in a row, though, it'll be interesting to see how long they can maintain it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hasbro today finally officially acknowledged the upcoming G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd 6" figure which we first saw hit eBay a few weeks ago, They however did not reveal any other details other than this one image and told folks to wait until June for details like a release date.

The DCPI# for Bludd is 087-16-4527

Major-Bludd.jpg

• Thanks 1

I don't see why there is any reason to be mad about Hasbro offering these on Pulse. If you collect any hasbro line its worth the $50 as you get free shipping and EARLY access to figures. I still don't have the Target Baroness, Trooper, or Beachhead and I waited because I assumed Hasbro will make it right. And it appears the MAY do just that. I was lucky enough to get a Viper and Firefly off Pulse. And it was limited to 1 per customer as I tried getting 2 Vipers. 

I just wish people would relax. This is more a Target issue and I truly believe Hasbro is trying to fix it. Hell I just had the same issue getting the MOTU Origins 2 pack. Target had it in stock but REFUSED to sell it to me until they reset the aisle. Not a street date issue, they just didn't want to sell it to me. Target blows. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, JayC said:

Hasbro today finally officially acknowledged the upcoming G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd 6" figure which we first saw hit eBay a few weeks ago, They however did not reveal any other details other than this one image and told folks to wait until June for details like a release date.

The DCPI# for Bludd is 087-16-4527

Major-Bludd.jpg

The cat is out of the bag...🐅

On 4/26/2021 at 8:10 AM, mako said:

Another sighting in another Target. This time just a lonely redeco Scarlett though. 

I found one redeco Scarlet and one redeco Roadblock at Target yesterday.  Roadblock is hands down better than the original.  For Scarlet I just can't get off the fence.  I ran it by my wife (which I only do if I'm REALLY stuck on choosing between one or another) she looked at them a long time and asked why they even bother repainting if they're such minor differences.  No help there.  In the end I like the head on the original so she may be the one that ends up staying.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, wundarwarrior said:

This is more a Target issue and I truly believe Hasbro is trying to fix it. 

It's a Target issue that I can't find these at Walmart? Wow, talk about influence!

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, mako said:

It's a Target issue that I can't find these at Walmart? Wow, talk about influence!

I'm speaking specifically to the Target exclusives, as all the other figures can be had by simply ordering them from Pulse, BBTS, or anywhere else. The main line is not unattainable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/23/2021 at 10:52 AM, DrLava said:

how much money do you think theyre leaving behind? its gotta be at least $30k-$50k per production run. how many more people do you believe would buy a general release, non-exclusive firefly selling at $20 compared to whats been sold through only target? definitely not enough to justify a new production run. theyre not leaving any money behind. you have to understand that someone buying to resell, has still bought the item. overproduction leads to loss which leads to cancellation. its already happened twice with gi joe. 

In the grand scheme of things, a lot. According to Hasbro's own statements, the cost for a company to commission an exclusive is a minimum 100k. That's on the low end, using preexisting parts and molds. So yes, assuming Target, who has money to burn, has covered that cost, Hasbro's losses would be minimal and the burden of making profit goes to Target. The thing is that Bludd looks to be, at least in part, new product, so one would assume Target footed that bill. This would mean that Hasbro basically made a new figure free of cost and with probably a smaller profit from Target. The thing is, we all know Hasbro is not in the business of doing anything for small profit. Would they not make a lot more money selling a lot more of them (perhaps with a different color scheme) to a lot more retailers where a lot more people have access to them? Hasbro sells product to retailers, so they really don't care what strategy the retailers use to sell that product. G.I. Joe is a proven profitable property and judging by how quickly the shelves empty when product is put out, even with half of each wave being reissues, it looks to be for the near future so the retailers will be buying. Just ask any hardcore or even casual Joe fan how many of them want a Major Bludd. The 100k made from the exclusive would be just a fraction of what they could make by selling to multiple retailers or even through Hasbro Pulse. Supplying demand is always better for business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1