G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd Coming To Target As An Exclusive?

JayC

Well, That doesn't really changes the fact a lot of people are going to end up disappointed in the attempt to get the new Cobra Island wave or that some people will just have to keep paying high aftermarket prices in order to get them.

• Thanks 1

Like I've said before, Hasbro is killing this line. Whether its being done intentionally or not doesn't matter, if Hasbro continues to handle the G.I. Joe line this way it will die.

I have pretty much given up on this line as far as collecting it goes. IF I find a figure I want online and the price is reasonable I will get it but I won't go out of my way to do so. When I say online I mean Amazon or BBTS or a similar reputable seller, NOT scalpers.

Hasbro's strategy with this line is mystifying to me. They don't do this with Star Wars or Marvel Legends yet they continue to do so with GI Joe.

Fortunately there are plenty of great figure lines out there like Star Wars Black series, McFarlane DC figures and of course Marvel Legends, who needs the aggravation that Hasbro is putting all of us through? Not me that's for sure.

• Thanks 2

It would seem the magic toy fairies left Robo from Fwoosh a little free gift in his P.O. Box with this as of yet un-released G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Island Major Bludd figure from Hasbro. So of course he did a review of the figure which gives us our best look at the figure so far.

The figure here in the United States will be released as a Target exclusive. As we first reported to you yesterday the figure should cost $19.99 and start hitting Target stores on or around May 19th. The DPCI# for the figure is 087 16 9916. From what I can tell it looks like at least starting off most Targets will get 1 solid case of 6 figures. It also looks like Hasbro is spreading out the release of these Cobra Island figures, releasing one at a time as opposed to in groups like we had seen with the previous Cobra Island exclusive figures. The next one which we think is a Target exclusive, all we know about it is that it's code named Kepler and that it looks to be released in July.
That one has a DCPI# of 087-16-4527. It's unknown at this time if that is the rumored Barbecue figure or something else.

When Hasbro decides to officially announce this Bludd figure is unknown. Hasbro has stated they would be putting news out in June to try and address the whole exclusive issues, but Bludd should already be out by then. We also have no idea when or if Target might list this on their website. Since it looks like physical stores are sticking to that pattern of only one case at a time for Bludd, if this one is going to be any easier to get then I would say it would only be if Target makes them more easily available online.

I will tell you that it's my feeling, and I put myself in this camp. If Bludd who is a key character is not more easily available for purchase at cost than the previous Target exclusive Classified figures, even most of those trying to hold out a last shred of hope this line will get easier to collect will walk away from it. Check out images for the figure below and lets all hope Hasbro can get their act together on this line.

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-00.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-03.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-04.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-05.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-06.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-07.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-08.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-09.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-10.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-11.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-12.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-13.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-14.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-15.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-16.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-17.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-18.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-19.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-20.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-21.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-22.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Major-Bludd-23.jpg

• Thanks 1

The figures looks menacing... I like it. So far it would be the second Cobra that take my attention... What I don't understand is how it was possible for this to happen when Hasbro still not been showing it in the panel streams...🤔

I wonder if we weren't spoiled by Hasbro back in the Joe vs. Cobra days. I mean, against all odds the line was revived in a BIG WAY: saturated distribution, serious release schedule, animated movies, multiple TV series, non-toy merchandising, etc.: and all because of a relatively tiny group of highly motivated individuals off by themselves within Hasbro.

Unfortunately, the fan-boys aren't in charge anymore. Joe, at best, is just one franchise within a HUGE stable; at worst . . . Hasbro's red-headed step-child.

I keep telling myself once the movie hits they'll go hot and heavy to support it, I just can't be there for 'em until then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So if you missed it... and if you blinked its certainly possible. Hasbro today put up the Cobra Viper and Firefly on Pulse making it 1 per customer for Premium Members (those who paid Hasbro $50) both of which sold out in minutes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrLava said:

well hasbro doesnt have to pay another company for the right to make gi joe. they own the property. and marvel and star wars are also at the highest levels of popularity, have multiple movies and television series, i mean theyre both everywhere. gi joe has none of that. so you really cant compare them. the closest comparisons you could make would be power rangers or transformers since both are also hasbro house brands. 

Hasbro doesn't do this with Transformer's either. I see Transformers figures everywhere in plentiful quantities

• Thanks 1

Well, I held off selling my wave 1 and 2 figures in hopes Hasbro could pull this around.  I'd be plenty pissed if I were a premium member and missed out.  That in itself seems like a waste of money but if it can't even guarantee you first pickings what really is the point?!  I'm having enough trouble staying ahead of the local scalpers with the NECA stuff.  This line ain't worth the grief.  I like things I can actually find.  The thrill of the hunt doesn't do anything for me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DrLava said:

what is it that theyre not doing though? i see gi joe classified everywhere too. people complain and are upset because two figures, baroness and viper, became impossible to find and became very valuable. and theyre 2 retailer exclusives at that.

this happens in almost every toy line though. i cant think of a single toyline where theres not 1-5 figures that skyrocketed in value and became difficult to find at retail. i dont collect transformers so i couldnt tell you which figures in that line, but i would be shocked if there hasnt been a transformers figure thats popular and was hard to find at retail.

LOL if you see GIJoe Classifed everywhere at big box store you must live in a special place. I agree the non-exclusive are easily obtainable if your willing to buy online but they are not readily available at places like Walmart and Target and half of the line is exclusives with more to come. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got the Hasbro pulse subscription just for things like this. They didn’t send me an email saying it was on sale until after it was sold out. Who else wants their 50 bucks back? I already asked for a refund on the subscription. Others who missed out should too. I’m just about done with this hobby. It’s not worth the frustration. Just canceled my snake eyes wave too. I’m furious. And that usually doesn’t happen for me with little articulated plastic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I just saw the outrage that occurred from the Hasbro Pulse sneak stock of Firefly & Viper that sold out in less then an hour, people are going nuts about not being able to get it. I feel really bummed out for people and this line, it's really disheartening, so many collectors are in a frenzy. I have heard about 20 people today say they are quitting this line, this seems like a bad look for Hasbro, I feel as though it's about time they tried to fix these availability problems, they want all the money they can get, it's not like they pocket 50% of a scalpers profit on a 100$ figure, they need to get in front of this, imagine the maximum profit Hasbro could grab if they just saturated the market with these figures. I have said it before I stopped caring it was the best thing I could do for myself, if I can't find it for retail, then I guess I'm not getting it, simple and plain, I know a lot of people can't get with that idea but it helped me. I also got to say that I just adore for every 30 people saying this line is a disaster at retail there are 1-5 people that can't stop making sure everybody knows how easy it is for them to get these figures, look good for you somehow you won the Joe lotto, but when it's clearly a very real issue that majority of people can't find these figures, please stop talking about how you can, be sensitive, don't aggravate the fans left out even more.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DrLava said:

i literally just came from target, they had 2 duke repaints, 2 roadblocks, and the gung ho thats been there forever. i was at walmart last week, 4 gung ho figures littered the pegs. i was in a comic store yesterday, all of wave one and a cobra commander. maybe its just where you live? i remember you saying target is a 40 minute drive for you, maybe more rural areas dont stock as much.

I don't know in what town you live but where around here there's not been GI Joe Classified Figures at stores for MONTHS... You should be the luckiest member in this forum that get the Classified figures right from the target 🎯 stores...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I don't know in what town you live but around here there's not been GI Joe Classified Figures at stores for MONTHS... You should be the luckiest member in this forum that get the Classified figures right from the target 🎯 stores...

2 minutes ago, DrLava said:

its not really lucky since amazon sells those same figures even cheaper than target does. bbts also has those same 3 figures at basically the same price as target.

if you cant get duke, roadblock, and gung ho for retail or less something is very wrong.

Well actually I'm not talking about the ones available at other retailers, I'm talking about the ones exclusive to Target Cobra whatever the name is... The one with Firefly, Viper and original Cobra Trooper... I still want to pick a Firefly and no luck yet...

I'm willing to bet that Hasbro Pulse didn't even have the Firefly or Vipers in stock and just threw those sell pages out there to draw some attention.  It's their sales pitch of saying that you missed out because you aren't a special club member and if you were than you still missed out because we only had 3 in stock and we put them on eBay...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm willing to bet that Hasbro Pulse didn't even have the Firefly or Vipers in stock and just threw those sell pages out there to draw some attention.  It's their sales pitch of saying that you missed out because you aren't a special club member and if you were than you still missed out because we only had 3 in stock and we put them on eBay...

I doubt they are doing that... At least they put one case to sell which is not enough for all the poor souls wanting those figures badly...

22 minutes ago, VladimirPupin said:

Wow.  You even cropped out the Fwoosh’s watermark in the bottom right corner of each of these screengrabs.  

How is

52 minutes ago, VladimirPupin said:

Why are you posting another site’s pictures and videos as if they’re your own without direct linking them instead?  That’s low.  Dirt low.

I posted it cause its news. How is it low? I credited them and embedded their video which means they get more views on their video which means they make more money. The news wasnt on Fwoosh it was on their YT channel and I didnt crop out their watermark I took screen caps from the video of the figure itself cause they hadnt posted any actual images. Thanks for the concern though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrLava said:

theres not 30 different people posting in this thread and not a single person except jay c stated they got firefly and viper and it didnt sound too easy for him. so i dont know what that comment referred to.

as for hasbro saturating the market to stop scalping, that would be up to the retailers. and no retailer is buying more of this line than they already do since the current inventory isnt selling. one figure from each wave sells. stores are not gonna buy more cases of figures that dont sell just for one figure that does. 

there is not a single toyline from any company that does not have the same problems of finding a desirable figure at retail pricing. 

I actually was referring to people on various media sites not just Toynesi, I.E Instagram, other forums I'm a member of etc, I probably should have mentioned that. I also wasn't directing the whole "all of those people who are finding these figures need to be more sensitive" thing at you, just in general, with the info being obtained from various sites. 

As for the retailers buying and stocking more, yes I think it's evident they should, the complaints are people can't find these figures, so why wouldn't they want to get more on the pegs for the people to purchase? it makes me feel like Hasbro/distrbutors isn't offering up more to the retailers, and they have an order cap, also how is it that these figures are not selling and there is left over stock when nobody can find them, not getting that. The whole line sells, yes some more then others but I have never seen a Joe figure in a store before, and I have heard many say the same, infact they are in this thread saying they can't find figures, and yes Amazon has some figures for retail price, but in Canada not until recently actually, but people are talking about brick and mortar here not online etailers.

• Thanks 3